Tweak to survivors

Options

I was thinking what if each survivor actually had something special about them that couldn't be learned so that they are less cosmetics and actually give a reason to get that particular survivor. For example Meg runs 2% faster than the other survivors- just a small tweak so that there aren't 3863 of one survivor in the game. Like what if Claudette healed a small percentage faster naturally-

Comments

• RavenTheWraith
    RavenTheWraith Member Posts: 38
    Options

Yeah, any time this happens in any game, there would be a massive meta where only a specific survivor is played.

Unless they are very, very carefully balanced. But that's probably impossible since some dbd mechanics are more important than others.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992
    Options

Not to mention a killer would have to keep track of each survivor’s unique traits. That’s not fair.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Yep, I think I remember the devs saying this is why they didn't want to do this. It'd be kind of a shame for there to be like 2 or 3 meta survivors and for none of the other ones to get use.

I get OP's idea though - it would be cool for the survivors to be more unique from each other than just teachables and physical appearance.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 8,974
    edited May 2021
    Options

Even 1% faster running speed could be broken considering it would be constant and stack with perks.

Rather than each survivor having their own unique trait, I'd prefer it if survivors (and killers for that matter) could learn a rare Tier IV version of their own perks. These could all be balanced on an individual basis, and would likely just be slight tweaks to their existing values/durations.

So going with Meg again, she could get:

1. Quick & Quiet has a cool-down of 30/25/20/17 seconds.
    2. Sprint Burst causes the Exhausted  Status Effect for 60/50/40/35 seconds.
    3. Adrenaline ignores an existing Exhaustion timer, but causes the Exhausted Status Effect for 60/50/40/35 seconds.

Maybe each one becomes available with each Prestige.

This could be much easier for a killer to keep track of, because you're not thinking about any additional effects, you're just thinking about a survivors own existing perks. Just as you'd never slug a Bill, you'd know that Meg can get her Sprint Burst 5s earlier.