How does anyone play red rank killer, I'm so fed up with this (Vent/Rant)

Gaffy
Gaffy Member Posts: 222

Every second game is either a 3 or 4 man console/pc who sends me to autoheaven or coldwind. No matter what I actually try to do to defend gens everything just gets done anyway and my experience or skill just doesn't matter. Why should I ever leave hooks if I get nothing from it other than lost pressure and time wasted. I'm about to just start running franklins/noed/lightborn every game because I'm so tired of getting nothing done and being ridiculed in the exit gates or end game chat by people who clearly didn't deserve to escape and were just saved by gen speeds and dead hard. When do killers get a perk that just reverses their mistakes during chase, because that's all dead hard is, just a free health state with zero counterplay followed by a pallet stun and tbag. Nearly 1.5k hours and it means nothing because it literally just depends if I bring the right perks or not. You can't bring anything that isn't meta/3 slowdown perks or you lose. I love how half of my build has to be dedicated to just making the game longer and not by 5 minutes. I'm also considering deranking so I can finally have "fun" again but I doubt that would accomplish anything because the ranking system would just pair me with these squads again anyway.

Comments

• Onyx_Blue
    Onyx_Blue Member Posts: 1,060

If you're that frustrated playing killer, either play Survivor to give yourself a refresh from the killer type of bad experiences or just take a break from dbd in general, for a week or three, to relax your mind from it. Maybe come back with a fresh perspective on things. I don't use meta builds on my killers or survivors and I have really fun matches. I also have very boring matches where the killer camps/tunnels, or the survivors I vs are hell bent on soley doing gens and being immersed in bushes etc. But I absoultely love this game; i've had my fair share of burntout moments, and I did the very things I suggested to you and it really helped me refresh and enjoy the game again.

• DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030

You are going against a group of survivors who are very good at the game and bring strong perks to help them, and you are expecting to win without bringing good perks yourself? If you want to play this game casually then you should derank, red ranks include most of the competitive parts of the player base so if you want to win matches you need to invest resources and play actually well.

3 slowdown perks is very overrated, usually people who doesn't understand the game very well defend them. Depending on the killer you are playing, a combination of information and slowdown is usually the way to go, sometimes with a sprinkle of chase perks depending on your skill and the killers lethality.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,841

I don’t bring light borne, noed, or franklins to start with.

• PanicSquid
    PanicSquid Member Posts: 655

Most of the Autohaven maps aren't bad, at least its not Haddonfield.

Anyway, what killer+addons+perks are you running?

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Maybe practice more it's really not that hard to win it's not like it's all sweat squads all over dbd if u can't win regular game maybe u don't belong there in red ranks, maybe De rank on purpose idk what to suggest you to get better gaming experience

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Its not that hard to win unless its a 4 man toolbox gen rush squad.

And they aren't that common nowadays. I get maybe one a day.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Actually, that really does depend on the servers and time of day. Mornings on EU are absolutely terrifying, as are evenings on AU. NA is kind of bad in the evenings but never reaches those heights in my experience.

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

What killers are you using?

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,542

SA servers late at night are terrifying, at least in my experience. That is when the sweaty lords come out to play.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited May 2021

Oh gods, do you folks get the 3-4 minute gen time average as well? I think it might be a southern hemisphere thing, even when I play survivor it's a coin toss as to whether my team will be average players, or absolutely slamming those gens.

Edit: then I have some free time at lunch and I load up to play a very, very different game.

• GeneralV

Yes, we have. We also have Nurse with Infectious Fright, Blight with Ruin and Tinkerer, and the occasional sweaty Spirit.

Coincidentally, I also have some free time at lunch and I usually play one match or two. It truly feels like a different game.

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 388

Of course the SWF squads come out in the evening, at night and on the weekends.

During the day people are at work, university, school, just generally busy. During these times people also tend to play more killer because they would have to play solo queue without their friends. This leads to shorter survior queue times (and killer queues are a little bit longer, not instant like in the evening but like 30 seconds up to a minute).

Then, when everybody is at home, people met up to play games, so more SWF groups, less killers, longer queue times for survivors.

More SWF means even more people stop playing killer during those times. I'm no exception here, later in the evening I switch from killer to survivor lobby simulator (although solo :D ).

• GeneralV

That is correct, my friend. I am also a fellow lobby simulator player late at night, usually solo too. Then it is you vs your teammates who are usually a 2 or 3 man SWF and will most likely left you to die vs the killer who is also sweaty.

• tomas11403
    tomas11403 Member Posts: 121

I hate to be that guy, but if you're consistently having that much trouble in red ranks, you might be the doof. Sure, you'll get a tough game once in a while, but at least 90% of red rank survivors (swf or not) really are not that good. Yes, survivor is the power role, but the vast majority of survivors are not good enough to take advantage of this imbalance. If you truly believe that in as many games as you describe you are helpless to win even with multiple slowdowns, I would love to see some footage of one of these games. I can almost guarantee that you make many mistakes, whether they be mechanical or decision making. There is imbalance on both sides, but you are seemingly attributing you're shortcomings to everything except yourself. Red rank survivors do not do gens very efficiently, they have not mastered chase fundamentals, and their game sense is weak enough that you can often capitalize off of predictable mistakes.

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,406

Its hard to say whether you get only really good survivor or you have a lot to learn as killer. Like others said it can depend on when you play. So maybe try out different times on the weekend. If you want to know how much you can improve post your gameplay on this forum.

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    TheStabbiNAngeL Member Posts: 1,264
    edited May 2021

Whatever the gens speeds are to fast and the nerfed every perk that slows anything down, I'm so sick of people acting as if this part of the game does not exist ,if get one 2 gens done,I chase for 1 minute ,carry survivor to hook 2 more gens ,now I have to patrol the one hook, I got but standing 24 meters by the hook causes me to lose points ,I'm being punished for how the game is made and guess what if, I don't get at least 6 hooks between juggling four people, in under 4 minutes Entity Displeased and lost of pips mean while survivor stunned me twice and flashlight stun me and then escapes and receives his two pips for not doing ######### ?how is this even fair.

The gens or either to fast or people are hacking running scripts that increases gen speeds ,not mention that Leader, Resilience,Spine Chill and whatever speed increases perks haven't been nerfed. And Prove Thyself

• Shirokinukatsukami
    Shirokinukatsukami Member Posts: 1,624

You're just not at a level to play Red Rank Killer yet. Just work at it. I'm not even at a level to play Green Rank killer. I can only deal confidently with yellow rank survivors and lower. If I'm fighting green ranks or better there'll probably be one or two survivors who can loop me all night. Unless I'm playing hag, where I can deal even with green ranks.

That's just how it is. This game is skill-based, if you fight more skilled opponents you lose.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730

I fail to see how servers come into play. However, I also know that you're really good, so I won't immediately insult your skill 😂

So can you explain to me how servers dictate how good a player is?

• CoalTower

6 hooks in four minutes isn't really hard. Yes, gen speeds are an issue, but they aren't an excuse for losing. This is coming from a killer main too. Blame your own lack of skill if you lose. If you lost, the survivors were more efficient, or just straight up better than you. Instead of complaining, why don't you work on getting better?

• TheStabbiNAngeL

Don't even kid yourself that is a feat, in red ranks and most likely I'm way more skilled than you.

• CoalTower

I main Nurse. Do you really think that a nurse main can't get 6 hooks in 4 minutes?? Also, it's really not a feat. Every survivor I play against is hot trash. I get downs in around 25 seconds, and my playstyle revolves around slugging. I usually win in 5 minutes or so. And if you think that you're more skilled than me, you're in for a rude awakening. I haven't lost a game in 7 months. As killer. I lose all the time as survivor because I'm not all that good at it. So if you're talking about survivor, then yeah, you probably are way more skilled than me, but as killer? No. I have 5k hours on Nurse alone, and 7k hours on every killer combined. Then I have around 500 on survivor. You can't best that if you're still losing to gen speeds.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

Buddy if you think you even touch my skill cap you're barking up the wrong tree,most of the veteran players have high hours in the game doesn't make you special, and it sounds to me like you're playstyle is trash ,I don't have to do any of those things to win and you probably only go against console player while you sit on you're high end PC so congratz to basic gameplay strategies.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

I'm assuming you just play Nurse, Spirit, or use only the strongest perks/add-ons.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

Wow, every one of these posts amasses these accusatory replies of "Maybe you're just not good." So y'all always have easy games no matter what? Because that's what it sounds like, and I don't believe that for a second.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455

"Why should I ever leave hooks if I get nothing from it other than lost pressure and time wasted"

Who said you should leave the hook, survivors? However survivors wants you to play as killer, do the opposite.

• CoalTower

I'm actually on console myself. I haven't been on PC in...I think 3 years now. My playstyle is perfectly fine. I don't camp or tunnel. I just heavily slug to the point where some people might bleed out. Console players aren't any worse than PC players, so I don't know why you're bringing up platforms. Also, I don't HAVE to slug to win. I just do it because it makes winning really easy. The fact is, if you had my playstyle, you would be winning much more than you are now. And again, if you lose to gen speeds, you aren't even close to me in terms of skill. I learn something every game, and use what I learned in the next game. That's how I keep my winning streak going for an indefinite amount of time.

You may not think you have to slug to win, but you also don't win every game, so what you think is clearly not working for you. Come back when you learn that it's fine to utilize anything to win, and I'll help you get better at killer.

• Kharbarg
    Kharbarg Member Posts: 126

I strongly recommend you derank because the derank process will show you funny ways to play dbd that you probably have forgot lately

PD: What is "win" for you?

• CoalTower

I am a Nurse main, but I don't play exclusively Nurse. I play every killer. And I haven't lost in 7 months. I use standard builds like corrupt, Bamboozle, bbq, and a filler perk like Shadowborn. My playstyle revolves around slugging. Maybe I'm a god, or it's just the fact that the average survivor is not good.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

I'm sorry we don't have always easy games but it's nowhere near bad if it it's maybe do something about it and De rank to the point u think it's ur skill level

• TheStabbiNAngeL
    edited May 2021

Then I know you're not winning every game,do you know how awful Nurse is on console.

Omg you use bamboozled on Nurse 🤣🤣

I'm not also saying that I don't slug or tunnel either, I do all of these things when necessary, but my entire playstyle doesn't revolve around those tactic's ,you're allowed to play how you want ,I'm just pointing out the flaws in you're argument,and the comparison in skill level, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do those things.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

DbD isn't a plug and play game. It doesn't provide a Tutorial worth... well... anything. Even if you are good a video games, that won't help you much here. The only thing that applies is time in the field. There is no magic bullet or advice. You can get lots of good information from Streamers and Youtube and so on, but only many, MANY hours of playing will get you where you want to be. My advice is adjust your expectations to be realistic. This game is for the LONG haul if you are doing it for anything other than cheap thrills and jump scares. If you want to be good, you will have to work for it.

• CoalTower
    edited May 2021

My Nurse build is BBQ, Shadowborn, Whispers/Knockout, and Infectious. And no, she doesn't suck on console. Watch SupaAlfs old videos when he still was on PS4 if you don't believe me.

And yes, I have used Bamboozle on nurse when I was running a meme build with Spasmodic Breath.

My playstyle revolves around slugging because it's the easiest way to turn the tables on survivors. You're completely right that gen speeds are problematic. A good team can finish the game in 4-5 minutes. Slugging makes survivors experience what it feels like when this happens, and that's why I do it. If I'm going against a team who are obviously bad, I won't slug them. For example, this game(bear in mind this is at rank ONE, as hard as it is to believe):

EDIT: Oh wait, I was running Thana in this. But my point still stands.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

If you're struggling with red ranks I suggest playing solely spirit with stridor,undying,ruin,BBQ you'll get alot of decent blood points. Once matches start getting easier try other killers. Camp or tunnel if you need to. Go back tot the hook if survivors are insta rescuing. And most importantly slug. Slugging really helps out.

• RetroKrasher
    RetroKrasher Member Posts: 14
    edited May 2021

Can confirm. In my experience, SA SWFs are extremely good at looping and obliterating gens in less than 5 minutes. If they send you to a map they know very well and you aren't a nurse or spirit, or you don't play like an a-hole (mostly tunneling), you'll probably loose the match.

• GeneralV

Indeed. Perhaps it is because the game has always been popular here, so there are many experienced players around. But maybe the same can be said about every single region.

• Jarol
    Jarol Member Posts: 1,985

If you have the availability, practice in red ranks, even if you win or lose, there will always be fools in a game, there will be good players, it is one more advantage to learn about the loops and the type of player you face.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

Idk it's something off about you're gameplay, I'm not sure how you're blinking halfway across the map with out add ons ,and those survivors we're obviously potatoes ,then you're accuracy changes drastically from Nurse to Trickster.

At the same time,that doesn't change the fact Nurse probably has the best map pressure out of all the killer's,The survivors,I face are very high level players who loop and know how to use the killer's power to there advantage.

And how can I be less skilled then you if I'm in the Red Ranks as well you don't pip if you don't 3k or 4k you'll only get Brutal or ED if you 2k or get 1k,so don't tell me not to complain on a vent thread.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Realize it's just a game and you win some and you lose some. For the most part, you'll win because most survivors are just casuals and not sweaty tryhards.

• Mister_Holdout
    Mister_Holdout Member Posts: 3,144

Who says you get nothing from it? You can stop the other generators from being completed.

• konochivu
    konochivu Member Posts: 146

If you are tired of SWF, play as camping Bubba

• Ryan489x
    Ryan489x Member Posts: 1,467

The game itself is getting pretty rough on both survivor and killer sides since the rank reset was so messy it feel like no matter what side you play on there are game issues and people just trying way too damn hard

• TheStabbiNAngeL

But to those toxic survivors it's not just a game and I want to win for the same reason they do

• CoalTower

That's her normal blink range. It looks longer because of Shadowborn. Remember, I'm on console, so I legitimately CAN'T hack, and I wouldn't want to either. An undeserved win isn't a win at all. I don't really know what you mean by "off". Please explain to me what you mean by this.

Rank doesn't mean skill. All of those survivors were rank 1. You actually can pip with a 1-2k with a killer like Legion. I've done it before.

I'm simply not a good Trickster. That was I think my 5th match with him, compared to the thousands I have on nurse. There's obviously going to be a gap in my skill between the two. However, I assure you that all of these survivors were red rank, even though they were potatoes. These types of survivors are what I go against usually. I have no issue getting 4ks because of this. If you think that good survivors are all you're facing you're wrong. For every good survivor there are a thousand potatoes, meaning that you'll never consistently get survivors that can loop well, if at all, and you'll only get survivors who can turn your power into an advantage even less.

You're less skilled than I am because you don't know this. Ask any experienced player and they'll tell you the same exact things. Rank doesn't mean skill, and most survivors are potatoes. After playing this game for a long time, you'll realize this.

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

You still have a lot to learn, young Padawan.

• Slickstyles
    Slickstyles Member Posts: 446

Everyone wants to win but your mood shouldn't change because you lost. Accept that you probably could've played better and move on. I play very casually with brown/yellow addons and no ruin/undying/noed and I still 4k most of my games. There are definitely some survivors that I want to rematch with a little more help with stronger addons/perks and I definitely will run them when I come across them again.

• TheStabbiNAngeL

You have to get 10 hooks and max out in a category,to earn a pip and just a safety pip with a 2k to gain ,

Rank doesn't mean skill ? ,I wonder why so many people fight to get to the reds, I just wonder why

So console can't be hacked? Sure whatever

Like, I said something was off

Again all you told was you tunnel and slug the most basic of the gameplay mechanics thank's for teaching me so much

• TheStabbiNAngeL