Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

For Survivor mains (or anyone, really) : How much do you care about blindness?

Just title, basically. I've noticed a few addons that solely inflict blindness, but I wonder how much it actually matters? I know I run Bond a lot the few times I play surv, but how many perks does blindness realistically work on? I feel like it's often given the same power budget value as obliviousness, but I find obliviousness to be of much more value.

Thoughts?

Best Answer

• TripleSteal
    TripleSteal Member Posts: 1,298
    Answer ✓

It doesn't matter much unless:

•Survivors are very inexperienced

•Survivors are in a party and you are massively slugging (third seal builds n stuff)

•Somebody has an OoO (much less important for new object)

Shutting down perks like empathy, aftercare, detective's etc. isn't worth it by itself.

Answers

• FinalStalfos
    FinalStalfos Member Posts: 15

Thanks, that's about how I feel on it too. I wonder what could be done to make the status better? The slug potential is cool and all, but usually not worth the addon slot. I feel like I'd be more inclined to take Blindness addons or perks if the hook visual was blocked entirely, instead of just the survivor's aura which is useless due to the hook being highlighted anyways, but I supposed that might be unfairly crippling to new players. Ah well.

• bowo
    bowo Member Posts: 121

I run windows of opportunity a lot, so it can be annoying. But that's about all it can do - be mildly annoying.

• Zeidoktor
    Zeidoktor Member Posts: 2,064

I'm a frequent user of Kindred so in that sense Blindness would be a blow to me. I've also been in and seem games where survivors are left on hooks longer than usual because the Survivors can't find them easily.

Overall, though, I'd think of blindness as something to use for fun and memes than for serious play.

• TwitchyMike
    TwitchyMike Member Posts: 759
    edited May 2021

Yeah it's only good against uncoordinated survivors without mics. If the group has 2-3 people in chat it's less affective. I mean it has it's place for sure don't get me wrong. Kindred is a decent enough perk some people run and @Zeidoktor makes a good point. But overall again against a coordinated team who're in chat it won't work that well.

• Hex_AverageStudent
    Hex_AverageStudent Member Posts: 22

Blindness is pretty trash on killers add-ons, it's better just to run oblivious add-ons