The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Borrowed Time is such a easy to use perk

SilentHillOnDvD
SilentHillOnDvD Member Posts: 487
edited May 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

All it does is enable survivors to go for easy saves and farm each other for easy altruism. This causes bad survivors to be able to get to red ranks easy because they can just do easy saves every match and pip and they don't even need to be good. Just had a nea where i hit her and she held W to unhook right in front of me to farm someone off hook. IMO this perk is both good and bad for the game

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

BT is only a problem when it's being blatantly abused.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    edited May 2021

Dude BBQ is such a brainless perk, you just play normally and get massively rewarded for it.

All jokes aside, BT is absolutely fine in its current form. Anyone who says otherwise is either brand new to killer and never played against Old BT or is insane. Also, just hit the unhooker.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012

Borrowed Time is good perk. So many times i failed camper killers with this perk. Some people are maybe using it bad but that is not makes perk brainless

• NomiNomad
    NomiNomad Member Posts: 3,178

I mean, sure, maybe? But it's not like other popular perks need any brain-power to use.

Sloppy Butcher is one of my favorite perks, but it's just as 'brainless' as BT, if not even more. Both sides have plenty of perks like this.

Sprint Burst, NOED, Pop, DH.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458

Now now... let's not try to rewrite immediate history. The inference, i.e. the clear meaning of your OP, is that the Perk is bad. Sticking that little "it is good and bad for the game" at the end doesn't somehow mitigate your overall intent or meaning. Rhetorical tricks and games do not become men and women of action. You only included examples of it being bad, and stuck that last bit on the end to hedge your bets. You don't like the Perk; that is ok. I'm just answering your argument. The Perk is fine, and by far the good outweighs the bad.

• SilentHillOnDvD

Jesus man people are missing what im trying to say. Im saying that bt used by bad survivors allows them to get to red ranks easy because of braindead saves. The perk also makes bad survivors think they're making good plays but really they're screwing over their team

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

They do, actually. Quite a lot. For these very situations.

• CantDeadHarder
    CantDeadHarder Member Posts: 188

I'm beginning to think that when killers refer to "braindead saves" they mean unhooking in the killer's face because their facecamping, as majority of my experience with BT has been that. Go after the rescuer, not the person who was unhooked.

if BT is posing that much of a problem for you then maybe you're doing something wrong.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I mean, it's a perk, not an IQ test.

• SilentHillOnDvD

Another person missing the point of my post. I like what bt does but at the same time it enables bad survivors to do bad saves and trade hooks when the guy just got on the hook. I like going against good survivors and i even dodge lobbies where there's a chance i think the survivors are bad. Good survivors use bt smart by not just rushing straight to the hook as soon as someone is put on one.

• Moundshroud
    edited May 2021

I hate to break it to you, but while there are some Survivors carried to the Red Ranks without the skill to be there, that is normally accomplished by playing in a SWF. A rising tide floats all boats. :) Borrowed Time isn't carrying anyone to the Red Ranks unless they also have the chops to use it properly. Relax, cut back on the coffee, and don't take it personal when people disagree with you. People disagree with me all the time; when you don't let it tilt you, the discussions are actually pretty useful.

I understand the point you "intended" to make, but you didn't really verbalize it well. Sadly, your point holds no water and indicates a profound bias. The majority of people in the Red Ranks, Killer or Survivor, worked to get there. It is unfair to them not to give credit where credit is due. None of us can tell if someone earned their Rank by their Build. Hell, I can't even tell Red Ranks from Greens anymore. Seriously, I'm stuck in matches thinking, "damn it... stupid matchmaking gave me newbs again... better throttle down." Then I get to the end and find out I was facing an all Red Rank team.

My point is that you cannot trust your assumptions with things like this. The longer you play, the better you get (well most people do). Think about your grandmother and grandfather (if they are still with us). To the much older generations, most people all look YOUNG. To a good Killer, all Survivors look the same. It takes damn near Superstars to REALLY know for certain. Food for thought.

• SilentHillOnDvD

I don't think you understand and you're talking about nonsense. Honestly making my head hurt lol dbd forums man i swear

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

It’s Borrowed Time. It’s meant to protect the unhooked. What are they borrowing from?

When a Survivor is rescued with Borrowed Time the rescuer should be Exposed for 24s, twice as long as the Endurance status effect lasts. This punishes stupid hook bumrushing from Survivors who can tank a hit, and prevent the rescued Survivor from keeping their stupid teammate safe from damage by tanking a hit.

The new Borrowed Time is rewarding Survivors for playing unsafe. It’s gone so far that I’ve noticed an increase in Survivors doing unsafe saves without even having Borrowed Time, maybe hoping for a Decisive Strike that isn’t there to begin with.

So what if you get camped because the perk gets “butchered” like Decisive Strike? It’s part of the game, move on. You aren’t meant to escape or 4K every single game anyway, that’s how an Asymmetrical works.

• Moundshroud

Unfortunately, I understand you all too well. Just remember it is a "forum" and the moment you post, you are inviting others to discuss your thoughts, debate them, and sometimes show you the folly of them. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521

Bt is fine period and u certainly can't pip only doing altruistic saves and it's there to help team not to reach red ranks you're the one missing the point

• CantDeadHarder

BT got changed because stealth killers would camp the hook, rendering all saves unsafe. Killers caused this one on themselves.

• UseTheValve
    UseTheValve Member Posts: 350

I play SOLO survivor and you kinda need BT, never know when a killer is going to be proxy camping or just camping and when that happens you can coordinate with the other teammates to do generators.

Also to prevent other teammate to unhook without BT in front of the killer even at red rank survivor this happens smh.

I’m more of a killer main now tho and I don’t mind BT, I usually go for the unhooker if they are doing close to me but that’s me and if I do come back to the hook and the only person still there was the hooked I just have to wait maybe 3-4 second before hitting them.

• CantDeadHarder

that's the nature of perks, they give you more options. Kind of like how Noed also promotes "braindead" styles of play, not just BT.

BT got changed due to killers insidious camping or using their stealth to avoid BT and tunnel people. People will use perks however they see fit, that's just how it is.

• Moundshroud

No, no they didn't. As someone who plays a Stealth Killer, and who argued at length for removing the Terror Radius requirement for BT, I find your comment funny. Most Killers I know agreed with the change, and we were all pretty vocal about it. I found it very unfair and nonsensical that my Spooky Myers never had to deal with BT. Statements like yours, continue to push this "us versus them" dichotomy that doesn't actually exist. Please don't do that. Most people play Killer and Survivor. Borrowed Time got changed because it needed to be changed for consistency and because they created a number of new Killer Perks which turn non-Stealth Killers into Stealth Killers. :)

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955

Borrowed Time was going to be unbound from the terror radius and instead of making it a static distance, they completely removed it and Survivors get 12s invulnerability no matter what. It’s not an anti-camp perk anymore, it’s a pro-bad gameplay perk.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Lies, people just come here to be pat on the back by other bad killers and told they're right.

• Moundshroud

I wish; I could use some back rubs and pats. :) Magic hands like the ones in the game would do wonders for my ego.

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Borrowed time does not encourage bad saves it just helps with them, I'm not really understanding what your problem is with it tbh I occasionally play killer and the only time I find out someone has borrowed time is during end game when I hooked the someome then the other player helps them down and I aim for the injured survivor because why waste time on the healthy survivor 9/10 times they're running BT but that's what it is.

The only person who complains about a perk being used like that is a tunneler ans/or camper.

• CantDeadHarder

why are you following someone for 12 seconds then? BT only really becomes a problem when its egc and you're trying to secure a kill or they managed to take a hit for the rescuer. BT is not that big of an issue.

• CantDeadHarder

mhm and when there were perks which made these killers stealthy it made them avoid BT. You just said you didnt think it was fair for stealth killers like Myers to completely avoid BT. The "us vs them" does exist, is it a good thing? No, but it surely exists in this commmunity. However that's not what I was trying to push. Survivors also got their fair share of nerfs too, DS got nerfed because people took advantage of the 60 second timer. Wouldn't you agree that in that case survivors brought that on themselves?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

Not true. I can't stand when a survivor cross maps to me on the hook with the killer chasing them only to be ripped off the hook in his face and left to be tunnelled.

you may not chase the injured guy, but many killers just count to 12 and chase the injured one...

• Moundshroud
    edited May 2021

No, I don't agree. PLAYERS, not Survivors or Killers, simply play the game as currently allowed. They aren't "bringing anything on themselves" because that implies they are doing something wrong or sketchy at best. The DEV make changes to the game based on their cryptic stats, and other feedback. The constant, nearly nonstop bellyaching that occurs here (and elsewhere) is not a primary factor. DS was changed because it became an issue. Borrowed Time was changed more because now you can stack Trail of Torment, Tinkerer, and Dark Devotion if you want a Killer who isn't Stealth and spend almost as much time Undetectable as if you are Stealth. :) The more things they add, the more unintended consequences follow. When there were only a few Stealth Killers they CHOSE to tie BT to Terror Radius as a "gimme" to the Stealth types. Now that Stealth has become part of nearly every Killer's arsenal, BT had to change. People try to read too much into these things, and usually to support their pet peeve.

Nobody is bringing anything on themselves by playing the game in the currently legal format. That is the expectation. If/when the DEV find there is an issue or need more game design room, they are going to make changes. That is the main cause, not some naughty children acting out.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I guess this all comes down to personal experience but tbh when playing killer I very rarely see DS let alone get hit by it

• DecisiveDwight
    DecisiveDwight Member Posts: 593

Well like I said the perk doesn't encourage it bad teamates exist in every game and what you have to remember is matchmaking is crap the survivors that do that are probably green and a few purple they haven't had as much experience, it's still a learning curve at the end of the day eventually they will realise they're making bad plays and get better but it's like a camping killer if you reward it they're going to keep doing it because it works.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

BT should be a token based perk.