SWF over comms should be bannable.

Options

Its not fair at all. If were gonna allow this in the game then why not make survivors move 2.0 ms and make then one hit by default. Its not fair because they can tell their teammates to bodyblock. Not to mention that its basically a free wallhack and i basically have to hide from them amd sneak if i wanna catch survivors. Also not to mention 1/2 of maps are survivor sided.

Comments

• Shymare_11
    Shymare_11 Member Posts: 494
    Options

One, how would you be able reliably to prove it?

Two, the Dead by Daylight Dev team has no authority to prevent and/or police any third party communication services; nor will they ever be able to.

Three, banning for swf coms will likely be abused if effective enough by salty and malicious teammates/opponents, or to unreliable and weak to be worth the trouble.

Its simply how the game is. I do understand that the devs must balance the game (solo que, casual swf, competitive swf, and killer) towards coms or else killer will remain just as unenjoyable and solo will always be inferior to swf.

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 997
    edited May 2021
    Options

Thankfully, Devs are making some changes that make SWF somewhat manageable for now, and can't wait to see more changes in the future because now don't have to worry about DS baits.

Also SWF are fine and somewhat enjoyable cause feels like going against an expedition team in a horror movie but I just don't enjoy the Toxic SWF that waits for blinds, head-on near downs or just to kick killers power, non-stop T bags, and clicks, and everyone brings ultra-rare or very rare medkits or toolboxes to end trial very quickly.

Long story short I like SWF because feels immersive and changes from devs to make it better to deal with but I do not like Toxic 4 squad just to waste time torturing killer hoping to DC.

Edit: Also SWF Comms should not be bannable cause again makes the game more interesting.

• dnj510
    dnj510 Member Posts: 438
    Options

OP please calm down.

• JHondo
    JHondo Member Posts: 1,174
    Options

I have a feeling this is bait but I'm gonna reply anyway.

SWF is a mechanic made so people could play with their friends. Using Discord or any other comms to play is out of BHVRs hands. Most SWF play casually or to BM, the super sweaty squads do exist but they are the minority of swf players and pretty easy to identify though common usernames or the items they're bringing into the trial, usually double beamer toolbox and medkit and are almost always all on the same platform.

Yes SWF is strong and yes comms can give an unfair advantage but banning them or saying they're cheating is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in regards to this game.

What needs to be done is find a way to give solos more info to bring them closer in line to swf and buff killers as needed to balance the new disparity.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 1,877
    Options

SWF should just be a separate game mode with different rules. Right now the game is Heaven for SWFs and Hell for solo survivors, because you can't balance the game for both of them simultaneously.

• Junylar
    Options

Comms give survivors a huge and unfair advantage, and it's a well known fact.

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

Incredible idea! Let's do it! What could possibly go wrong?!

(Banning people over wild accusations that they're swf? Nah impossible!)

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

I agree, but devs cant do much about third party communication, however i think the killers facing a SWFs should have some equal advantage, such as being able to constantly see every survivor's aura that is on a SWF on the match.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,412
    Options

Never gunna happen. First off the devs have said over and over they do not wish to split the playerbase nor punish anyone. Second the SWF would never get a match as no killers would willingly face them no matter what incentives are offered. Third I doubt the playerbase is large enough to support multiple modes anyway.

We need to frame our suggestions with the single queue in mind. Last stats from like two years back half of all survs were in at least a 2-man, and with solo queue so lovely these days that number has to have risen hard.

• Junylar
    Options

"Suggestions". Suggestions on how to fix game balance without fixing SWF are like suggestions on how to heal an injured person without attending his injures.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,504
    Options
  • OGlilSPOOK20
    OGlilSPOOK20 Member Posts: 716
    Options

😂😂😂😂😂

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 4,907
    Options

It's not as bad as it appears, unless you face those who take it very seriously.

However, there would be some issues in removing comms:

#1. The most obvious is how you would prove it. It's equally as possible 4 solo players can play well enough to give the impression they're on comms.

#2. Switching off comms ingame can't stop it. Various apps will allow teams to bypass it. This is also impossible to prove.

#3. A fair number of players would leave, which would render the game in trouble.

#4. Most swf are really not that bad honestly. They're given a bad wrap because of the ultra rare top teams. I've faced swf who have been really friendly and positive, and those who are very competitive help me learn new techniques or experiment to get better.

Overall, I empathise. However, it's something that is here to stay, but it's really not huge groupings of death-squads. Even then, if you win (according to what you define as a win) then that will leave a better sense of accomplishment than squashing 4 beginners.

• CANxOFxCORN
    CANxOFxCORN Member Posts: 204
    Options

Definitely not bannable, I play more killer than survivor, and while it is annoying. That sort of defeats the purpose of gaming with friends, "Cant wait to hop on with _____ so we cant talk". Im of the opinion they need to add Optional voice chat to the game (Those who want it awesome, you got it, those who dont, toggle mute). Then balance the game around communication.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270
    Options

You're better off suggesting workable ways that comms swf can be balanced / solo and killers brought to their level rather than demanding things which will never, ever happen.

• kickasskiel
    kickasskiel Member Posts: 89
    Options

Facing SWFS on comms who burn a map is the ultimate challenge for a killer, as a killer you have to be strategic in how you play the map. Look for the 3 gen, know when to break chase, and always take the weakest out first. I good swf will separately do gens I have lost 3 in 1 chase/hook,, but you can still pull it back. Take each game as a learning experience and work on what you did for the next time.

• Swampoffering
    Swampoffering Member Posts: 384
    Options

Nah, not bannable, just because premade players are Behaviour's economic sustain, and It would hurt Dead by Daylight playerbase a lot.

But, just warn killer by visual advices at the lobby if he is facing a premade and let him choose. "Nobody Will play against premades" and let me ask you - Why? If they are fine and balanced... Why 95% of DBD main Killers would avoid premades if they could? Because they like the easy way? Nope, because SWF is Broken as hell, is not Fair, is not fun and at the top if that, Behaviour allows bully on the Game, which is pathetic and really sad, just for a few bucks.

Well, when survivors queues takes 15 min, they Will do something, and It Will be too late

• Rougual
    Rougual Member Posts: 526
    Options

Aight.

• justbecause
    justbecause Member Posts: 1,521
    Options

Lmfao git gud

• Madjura
    Madjura Member Posts: 2,424
    Options

It's actually really simple: Add voice chat to the game.

The upcoming totally-not-abusable auto-ban system can then be used to report and automatically ban players who abuse voice chat to insult others for example.

• nursewannabe
    nursewannabe Member Posts: 1,075
    Options

Basically what you're saying is you have no friends

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,277
    Options

"Hey there buddy, are you trying to have a fun and interesting gaming experience? Do you want to share said gaming experience with a few friends of yours? WELL ######### YOU! YOU DONT GET TO HAVE FUN FOR USING A MECHANIC WE IMPLEMENTED! BANNED

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177
    Options

Well I think banning SWFs for using comms it a bit too much but if we're honest about it, it is kind of cheating. Using a third party communication tool is something that a) boosts your in game performance and b) is in no way or form possible within the game. If there was a way to communicate during the match in a clear way and over a long distance, like a chat (so pointing and waving doesn't apply here), we could argue about comms being absolutely fine but it's not in the game and thus the game was not intended and designed to be played that way. I think the devs even said something along the lines of that they deliberately not included a chat and designed the game as such.

I also think that almost everybody in this community agrees on the fact that comms can give you way more information than otherwise. If used properly, it's essentially a fifth perk for every survivor and a pretty strong one at that too.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying to remove SWFs or bann comms but imo we should accept that SWF+comms as it is what it is and in the end it's "using third party tools to directly improve your gameplay" which somewhat falls within the definition of "cheating".

Or as Wikipedia calls it "Cheating in video games involves a video game player using various methods to create an advantage beyond normal gameplay, in order to make the game easier".

If SWF+comms is not exactly ^--- that, what is it then?

• Wedeguy
    Wedeguy Member Posts: 278
    edited May 2021
    Options

AH! another entitled killer main who wants easy games against solo qeueue scrubs.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

Sure, SWF is extremely strong. But why would you ban people for PLAYING WITH FRIENDS

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    Options

Is it just this game we've to have no comms or is it ALL games?

• burt0r
    burt0r Member Posts: 4,095
    Options

Other games give the same option for such an advantage to both sides. Dbd on the other hand is on of the few surviving asymmetrical games.

• NoOneKnowsNova
    NoOneKnowsNova Member Posts: 2,782
    Options

I guess the devs and mods are actively encouraging cheating then...by having rooms for swf comms on the official discord.

Its undeniable that comms do increase the chances of survivors escaping...but it's also hard to deny the fact that, atleast from my experience, it's very rarely something noticeable.

I've played weak killers like pre-rework Clown to strong killers like Blight, and comms are far from the biggest problem in dbd rn, but more so the gap between solo survivor and swf (something that needs improvement on the solo surv side while not making anything too strong).

• burt0r
    Options

Not swf itself but the one sided option to gain an additional advantage. The problem is that out of game coms are the norm by now but dbd is one of the last surviving games of the asymmetrical genre where only one side is able to gain advantage from coms (making use of it or not, the potential is given onesidedly, which can only be addressed by giving solo more information and balance killer then accordingly aka bringing all 3 groups to the same level).

• reeves7
    reeves7 Member Posts: 306
    edited May 2021
    Options
  • burt0r
    Options
  • JPLongstreet
    Options

The best we can do is get solos much more info and coordination capabilities to raise them toward SWF level then rebalance the killers around that, because I firmly believe SWF won't be touched.

• JPLongstreet
    Options

Wouldn't using video and sound cards to alter the game, not to mention playing around with the .ini files, also count as cheating since console can do none of those things?

• DbD_Enjoyer
    DbD_Enjoyer Member Posts: 459
    Options

I had it on the moment i read this post. I mean, they wont remove the SWF option and won't ban for using comms, so they should at least give the killers equal advantages such as aura reading, extra perk slots, permanent bloodlust levels to reduce the chases and so on...

• uncreative_username
    uncreative_username Member Posts: 85
    Options

Ok so how would they ban people using "free wall hacks"

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,256
    Options

Lets assume you are serious. How would you ban coms if they are using anything not track able such as discord, or any non intent communication method such as a phone.

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526
    edited May 2021
    Options

So if you VS 2 2-man swfs you just see everyone?

sounds fair.

• Demogorgeouse
    Demogorgeouse Member Posts: 361
    Options

This i literally what im saying. Its not fair that swf over comms can basically be annyoying flies while their teamates do gens.

• Demogorgeouse
    Demogorgeouse Member Posts: 361
    Options