LGBTQ Killer & Survivor

Options
Northener1907
Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

That is 5th year of DbD and that is shame we still have not any killer or survivor. I am straight but i am supporting LGBTQ community and think we have to get one killer and survivor for them.

For survivor i have no idea, they can go to any license if there any survivor. Or they can create original survivor.

But for killer Angela Baker from Sleepaway Camp would be perfect. She is seem like survivor, she would be one of the human killers. For power i really do not know because she is normal human but so smart.

What do you thinking? Shoot your opinions. Should we get LGBTQ Killer & Survivor? And would you like Angela?

Comments

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,126
    Options

I don't think any of the killers should have a defined sexuality, but for survivors that ship has definitely sailed, with Felix canonically being a father-to-be and I think David had a girlfriend?

I wouldn't mind a canonically gay survivor, but it'd have to be written in the same style as all the others.

• Northener1907
    Options
  • DawnMad
    DawnMad Member Posts: 1,030
    Options

Well if they are doing it then sure, an LGBTQ character would be nice. I would have preferred them to stick with the undefined trend though.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,561
    Options

The CryptTV characters (LookSee, Mordeo, Birch) are confirmed by their creators to be part of LGBTQ+ Community. Though I don’t have any detailed knowledge of the lore and if they actually are/were human at all..

it’s very much possible that they will reveal a Same-Sex relationship or something similar to one of the existing characters in the tome stories - or they will create a new character which happens to be part of the LGBTQ+ community. They have also confirmed they are working with consultants from GaymerX to make sure they are doing it the right way and not just slap it on a character and making unintended mistakes by doing that with harmful clichees or something.

• saltmineinaction
    saltmineinaction Member Posts: 99
    Options

This is where head canons come in. You can picture any killer and survivor as however you want! since there has never been an official statement about any of the characters their sexuality, you're free to give it your own!

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options
  • Hellbughunter
    Hellbughunter Member Posts: 83
    Options

None of those charakters have a personality, so whats the point of defining there sexuality?

• katerbater
    katerbater Member Posts: 126
    Options

1) They all have a backstory/lore, so they do have personalities.

2) It's in the same vein as me wanting a larger body type survivor like Jane. I wanted representation. What's wrong with giving people representation?

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

I'm just trying to survivor or kill tbh I'm not to fussed whether Trapper fooled around with some dudes in his past life when I'm killing survivors lol. I'm gay btw and I'm just not interested if in someone's bio it's says oh yeah they were gay btw.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

Yeah, this whole thing is so overblown and stupid. It's like they see Dbd as a dating sim or something 😓

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927
    Options

I honestly don't get it. I'm surviving or I'm killing why do I care what some imaginary characters sexual preference is lol.

• Khar
    Khar Member Posts: 640
    Options

That's why I think there's been a lot of push back for it. Trying to shove something so unimportant into the spotlight when what drives this game has always been nothing more than the gameplay and the cosmetics. 😋

• Caleegi
    Caleegi Member Posts: 410
    Options

Honestly i don't get why it matters so much. I just don't want a survivor or killer to be LGBTQ+ for the sake of it, like it has to make sense. I really don't get why it matters so much in this game though, and a lot of the survivor and killers don't have sexual preferences, some do but most don't, its all up to interpretations.

• Hellbughunter
    Hellbughunter Member Posts: 83
    Options

Yes they have a written backstory, but do you see any off it ingame? The all move the same, the act the same, they make all the same kinds of noises. They are blank shells. In a game like Last Year where the characters interact with eachother I can see a gay character working quite well. I am not against inclusion, but whats the point if all it comes down to is a sentence of text saying "btw he/ she is gay"?

• Mooks
    Options

Why do LGBTQ+ survivors need to have a purpose to be LGBTQ+ but heterosexual character don’t need that and can just exist?

no one is asking for every char to get their sexuality or sexual identity revealed. Just not explicit exclusion when there is already heterosexuality included.

• Mooks
    Options

The point is being inclusive instead of explicit exclusive. We have multiple heterosexual relationships in the lore which serve no other purpose. No need to be exclusive when it comes to LGBTQ+.

and the heterosexual relationships where added when the official standpoint of the devs was ‚No sexuality at all‘. Why was there no objection against it then?

• Elena
    Elena Member Posts: 2,187
    Options

It won't be introduced just "for the sake of it", it will be introduced the same way that Nurse and Felix are mentioned to be in a relationship. Nothing major, just a nod at in the lore.

• Northener1907
    edited June 2021
    Options

There will not be "he is gay." Nurse had husband, Felix had girlfriend, David had girlfriend. We learned all of this on their stories. And this LGBTQ+ survivor and killer will not be different. For example.

Killer: He lost him husband and he felt so alone. And that made him paranoiac.

Survivor: When she caught by Entity, her last thought was about her girlfriend.

• Mysticwarriormj
    Mysticwarriormj Member Posts: 95
    Options

Thats not true, dwight has a personality. Hes a coward thats why he hides in lockers. Overbeck is your rough and tough used to be in the military and doesn't give a damn about your bs type personality. Most of the personality for the characters is demonstrated through their story or through the books in game I forgot what they are called lol.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,898
    Options

Those are defined relationships, not defined sexualities.

• Mooks
    Options

The devs have stated they unintentionally included those heterosexual relationships despite them wanting to not mention stuff like that at all.

People are just asking for equal treatment for non-heterosexual relationships. And the devs already agreed they want to be inclusive and apologized for being exclusive before.

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683
    Options

Just jumping in on the whole character's having relationships and what not, what about the Legion? In their story wasn't it kinda implied that Frank and Julie were sort of a thing or at least one of them kinda had a thing for the other or something along those lines? I mean we've all gone through highschool at some point in life and remember what it was like being a teenager....just saying <.<

• Northener1907
    Options

I am straight and we have so much straight characters already. I wanna see LGBTQ+ characters too and charm is not enough.

And i am already happy lol. Wanting different characters makes me sad?

• GayDwight
    GayDwight Member Posts: 85
    Options

Let me remind you that the game is sold all over the world. But not the whole world lives according to the laws of the Western community. In many countries, the appearance of a character with a non-traditional sexual orientation can be regarded as propaganda, which can lead to scandals and a ban on the game. And this will already lead to an outflow of money from developers and to the frustration of players from those countries where it will be banned.

It would be better for you to imagine that this or that character belongs to the LGBT community and just enjoy the game.

• EQWashu
    EQWashu Member, Mod Posts: 4,750
    edited June 2021
    Options

I am going to go ahead and close this up, but I want to remind everyone that no one's identity is political, nor is asking to be represented; people want to be accepted for who they are. Also, in case anyone missed it, here is BHVR's official post in regards to Pride Month, and wanting to create LGBTQIA2S+ characters: https://deadbydaylight.com/en/news/pride-update-2021

This discussion has been closed.