Prove Thy Self needs to be nerfed, like...alot

Options
Frontdoor6
Frontdoor6 Member Posts: 609
edited June 2021 in General Discussions

I've just finished a match were two people had it and they basically flew through gens, they weren't swf, but they kept teaming up on the same gen

I've noticed as Survivor a gen goes pretty fast when using that perk

It encourages gen rushing and makes the game way too short

i think it needs to be toned down a bit

Post edited by Frontdoor6 on

Comments

• Beelzeboop
    Beelzeboop Member Posts: 1,306
    Options

I don't think it should be nerfed.

I think it should be reworked entirely. It's as outdated as Myers, but it's gotten stronger with time as opposed to weaker.

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408
    Options

How much do you see prove thyself? I don’t alder it a lot when I’m killer.. once in a blue moon I see it. Nothing at all is wrong with prove thyself

• YuisPinkBob
    YuisPinkBob Member Posts: 353
    Options

Prove thyself does not need nerfed. It is fine how it is. If you are concerned about multiple people on one gen (which is less efficient that everyone on separate gens) then run Discordance to counter it.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,636
    Options

run slowdown perks

• DoritoHead
    DoritoHead Member Posts: 3,546
    Options

It does not stack upon itself, and grouping up can prove disadvantageous for survivors, especially if you are playing a killer that is able to punish it.

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

Not really - it's actually gotten better over time. It was trash tier a couple of years ago and has gotten two decent buffs since then. That said, the last buff was still basically a net nerf because co-op repair speed was nerfed in the same patch :)

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

It already has been nerfed. And once upon a time Leader use to also affect gens, and it stacked with Prove Thyself.

• MadLordJack
    MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814
    edited June 2021
    Options

Prove Thyself isn't the issue, it's the gens themselves. 2 people without Prove Thyself takes 48 seconds, with Prove Thyself it's about 41. Either way, good luck interrupting them without Ruin.

Gens need reworked. There's no way to make mindlessly sitting on them balanced, and it's easily the worst part about survivor. In fact, I'm starting to think that's the reason survivor feels so chill - you sit there and do nothing in order to escape.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,225
    Options

Its never actually been nerfed, just reworked to not just be leader again, since their effects were at peak capacity identical

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

Actually, you're lucky to go against PTS.

It forces them to stay together to get value out of their perks, meaning that gens will go SLOWER with it. It's much more efficient to split up. Plus, you can interrupt the gen their on for pressure on two survivors instead of one!

• TheClownIsKing
    TheClownIsKing Member Posts: 6,278
    Options

My mistake. It was around the same time they made the leader changes that they did the changes to coop repair speeds right? Which probably made me think Prove Thyself was nerfed.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

Nah

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719
    Options

I use PT frequently. It helps, but it doesn't make a dramatic difference to me. If I recall correctly only one instance of the perk is active at a time so it can't be stacked by multiple survivors using it. The only time it would seem really strong is if someone was running it and fixing a generator that also had three other people on it, which is going to go pretty fast anyway.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014
    Options

It really doesn't, because it's one of the only perks that encourage players to play a little suboptimally. Which is, together instead of split up.

• whammigobambam
    whammigobambam Member Posts: 1,201
    Options

The argument to run something to fix a problem you're having is flawed. Suppose eventually you're having more than four problems. There's no more room to run something to fix something.

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    Options

That's not how that works. Survivors get a penalty of -15% per survivor on a gen. That means gen completion times are

1 survivor = 80 seconds

2 survivors = 47 seconds

3 survivors = 38.1 seconds

4 survivors = 36.36 seconds

It is actually more efficient, because of this penalty, for survivors to split up on gens. Prove thyself, adds 15% repair speed for each survivor on the gen. So all it REALLY does is eliminate this penalty. So with prove thyself it becomes:

1 survivor = 80 seconds

2 survivors = 40 seconds

3 survivors = 27 seconds

4 survivors = 20 seconds

Prove thyself will not stack, so if multiple survivors are running it, if they are the same gen, they still only get the penalty removed.

• GrimReaperJr1232
    GrimReaperJr1232 Member Posts: 1,656
    edited June 2021
    Options

Close, but not quite. Due to action speed calculation weirdness, the penalty isn't removed as much as it is mitigated.

1 - 80

2 - 40.9

3 - 29.3

4 - 25

• Sonzaishinai
    Sonzaishinai Member Posts: 7,976
    Options

2 survivors on a gen normally

80/1.7 c/s ~=47 s

With prove thyself

80/1.96 c/s ~= 40.9 seconds.

It's about a 6 seconds difference.

Which can matter but won't be the deciding factor on wether or not you got genrushed. Sounds more like a lack of pressure or other factors that caused the gens to fly

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,130
    Options

I thought the red bar was just a bug, but i was mistaken. Either way it "effectively" removes the penalty, otherwise we are talking fractions of a second which in the grand scheme don't mean much.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,498
    Options

Just because something has been nerfed once doesn't mean it doesn't need another one. DS, anybody?

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

The thing is, having 2 people on one gen and a third on their own gen basically guarantees one gen per hook. I have had games where i never got to use pop because of this and as expected i got 6 hooks by the time all gens were done.

I have no idea why they have not adjusted group gen times to 80,60,47,36 because almost halving the time at the expense of one survivor is way to much of an advantage.

• Gwinty
    Gwinty Member Posts: 981
    Options

Prove Thyself is not a problem.

If you interrupt them on that Gen then you just got 2 people off and in action for one. Its pretty good. Imagin Bubba, T3 Myers or Ghostface in such a situation. If more people are on the same get it just gets worse.

The problem comes with kicking the Gen thou. Imagin the Gen is about to pop and you decide to kick it. It takes a bit of your time and then you go for a chase. All a survivor has to do now is to touch the Gen for a millisecond and you kick is worthless. They can even do it righ in you face and Deadhard to the Gen.

A kick should have more value in such a situation as the Killer dedicates far more time to it than a survivor needs to undo the kick. This is why I like Ruin: You do not need to think about kicking the Gen. Yes the slow down is great but the payoff for interrupting two people on a Gen is much greater.

Again Prove Thyself is not bad. In fact it encourages bad play for the survivors most of the time. I do not fear prove thyself. I fear all 4 survivors split up working on different gens right at the start of the match.

• NoTerrorRadius
    NoTerrorRadius Member Posts: 201
    Options

The perk is fine, use different tactics.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Use discordance or tinkerer, simple solution