Stop with the anti totem perks geez....

Mineguy
Mineguy Member Posts: 318

Like #########, there are 5 totems on the map and there for a few killer perks.

We have maps, detectives hunch, Counterforce and Small Game like it's enough now....

It's already worse enough with the destroy totems missions in the Archiv, we don't need even more stuff against the few hex perks.

Comments

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

Your saying that there should be no hex totems... They are part of the game.

• Onykron
    Onykron Member Posts: 62

Survivors spawn on top of the totems anyway so its pointless to bring those.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095

I'm glad that so many people don't see a problem in the amount of totem finding perks/items.

You wouldn't mind if the Undying nerf was reversed, would you?

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Its variety, and having totem perk/s in a build is a sacrifice to be made as other perks could prove way more useful in a match.

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

There are a lot of killers that don't use totems, I don't really see loads of survivors stocking up on totem perks anytime soon. At the moment I think the balance is pretty fair.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

There's many many many maps where totems are hard to find, so totem perks are useful.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

You gotta think this way: when survs are running more totem perks they are running less ‚second chance‘ or ‚crutch‘ perks.

the totem perks are far from being OP, they are just there to make totem tracking a little bit more comfortable, and with the new dirtier look of the totems and some of the totem spots being pretty well hidden (yeah I know there are still those obvious ones, high risk high reward) they really have a place in this game.

• HighwayCatalyst
    HighwayCatalyst Member Posts: 378

I'm going to bring them all, but solely for memeing purposes.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Many many many maps? Other than some really unlucky and well hidden spawns on Midwich and Lerys? Which btw any experienced survivor already knows about them?

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867

Survivors are risking bringing perks that do nothing if a killer doesn’t use hex totems.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,060

Are you really complaining about the Totem-Missions in the Tomes? Which are basically all secondary Objectives for Survivors?

Killer-Tomes are those which are done via gameplay... Hooking, sacrificing, kicking Pallets, all what you do during your normal rounds. Survivor Tome Challenges provide secondary Objecitves - Totems, Sabotage, Glyphes...

And in the end, you can counter those evil Totem Perks by not running Hex-Perks. Its not like Killers are forced to run a Hex-Perk, e.g. you dont need Ruin, you have PGTW as an excellent alternative if you want a Slowdown-Perk.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

"Hate NoED? Just do Bones Nerd!"

"K. Glad the Devs gave us Counterforce and Small game to make it easier to do."

"NOOOOOOO! NOT LIKE THAT! YOU HAVE TO WASTE TIME FINDING THEM"

"Also, I've got an archive to do Bones. Nice."

"STOP WITH THE BONES"

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

This means they actually need to equip one or not bring a fully stacked med kit... HOW DARE YOU BREAK UP THE META

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

It's so confusing. Do the killers want me to do totems or not.

• SkeletalElite
    SkeletalElite Member Posts: 2,687

Stop with the totem protection perks like geez.

There are 5 totems on the map and they're there for survivors to cleanse.

We have undying, retribution, thrill of the hunt, and haunted grounds like it's enough now.

It's already worse enough with the mission in archive to kill the survivors, we don't need more stuff defending strong perks like ruin.

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772

Who cares? There's literally no reason to cleanse dull totems anymore. And with over half the maps being outside its usually very easy to find them.

Totem location perks are a win for the killer in the same way franklins or lightborn being used is a win for the survivor.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

would you rather have survivors running the same build every game?

• Tsulan

Then you would agree that gens speed need to be increased? Because gen speeds are out of control and everything the devs tried so far, either didn´t work (like the increased healing time) or survivors refused it completely until it got nerfed (like undying).

So there isn´t exactly much left to slow the game down, is there? I mean, apart from tunneling and camping.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

That’s your conclusion to totem tracking perks being useless when the killer doesn’t bring a hex perk?

i think we should wait for more info on that new game mechanic that started as early game collapse and the new Mori/key base rework (if those are not tied together anyway).

just increasing gen times will accomplish nothing more than making surv gameplay even more dull and boring than it already is.

• gibblywibblywoo

I still think the Gen speed idea is terrible. And will actively drive more and more players either away from survivor altogether or swf only. It's by far the most boring aspect of dbd.

The main problem to me is linked map tiles, getting two jungle gyms within sprinting distance, both with safe pallets and a shack nearby (sometimes with its window pointing at a long wall window). They made changes but they made the wrong ones imo, great now we have random rocks in the center or corner of the map, whoop te doo. Or just straight up broken, instant loss tiles like the god bus.

There are some maps where its so bad that a complete moron could insta drop every safe pallet in chase 1 and the game would be half over by the time they're down if its a low tier killer.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

I'd be completely fine with every single totem locator in the game if spawns weren't so awful. You can run detectives and map for all I care but if you quite literally spawn on my totem then it doesn't matter anyways. Totem spawns are so bad and most of the maps that to me, even with old undying, they aren't worth using.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

Yeah the only hex I'm going to be running is going to be haunted grounds.

• Tsulan

I agree that gen speed won´t solve anything. But its the only thing left, after survivors refused everything else.

At this point i don´t believe we´ll see anything regarding the early game collapse. Because they would have said something during the stream.

• Tsulan

Good point. Do you think the current gen speed will retain killers? Because survivors already complain about long queues, while doing everything to keep the matches as short as possible.

Devs need to do something in that regard. Undying helped with the situation. Survivors have more then plenty of tools to deal with totems. Yet, they refused to.

• gibblywibblywoo

As someone closing in on 5 years played gens speeds have never really bothered me.

In the past we had old Ruin to slow down the early game, and nowadays we have a ton of slowdown/regression perks. Some better than others. It's relatively rare to get a 4 man toolbox squad but even when you do you can just spread pressure properly unless you get a ginormous map or you're playing someone like Micheal.

I got a god looper 4 bnp team on ormond not too long ago as Doc, they were calling my bluff at near every red stain mindgame but with smart gameplay and herding I managed to eek out 2 kills and 9 hooks. And that's above the average that BHVr intend for close skill level matches like that anyway, with all the advantages they had. Personally I was exhilirated. I can't stand getting 4K after 4K. I find it boring.

Any team more ogranised then that just isn't common enough to make sweeping survivor nerfs that would screw the 98% of survivors who just play casually or at a mid skill level. As a killer I certianly wouldn't want that. Even teams like that, I play on EU at peak times (everyone says EU is sweatier then NA apparently) and it's incredibly rare to play against them.

I think the main problem is map design and certain killers just not having any antiloop/mobility. Micheal and Legion, for example, have nothing they can use against a good team. Clown has OK anti-loop but jack all else, Trickster is just a significantly worse version of an already strong yet heavily map dependant killer.

That isn't a gen speed problem its a power design problem. Look at Spirit and Nurse. No one could look at those killers and in their right mind say that they prove gen speeds are too fast. With most chases for those killers lasting about 20 seconds for 2 health states.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773

Well, it's giving up a spot for other meta perks. Not to mention, killer doesn't have to use hex perks making theirs's virtually useless those matches.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,147

If someone get hit by noed then they should have bought one of these perks.

• Tsulan

Its no coincidence, that killers use 2+ gen slowdown perks. They just struggle with the current gen speed. All of them.

In conclusion: all killers should be buffed to nurse and spirit level, instead of changing something about then gen speed.

• Torsti56
    Torsti56 Member Posts: 259

Hey but how about ruin + ubdying combo? Killers really need that combo. Or atleast what I have seen

• gibblywibblywoo

But the problem with that is that Nurse and Spirit are only that strong because they override entire game mechanics and basically take a survivors chase skill out of the equation.

Thats why I among others hate Spirit tbh. Nurse I can forgive because of the steep learning curve but it takes 2 hours to learn Spirit.

To buff every other killer to that threat level while keeping their powers gimmick intact would be next to impossible.

I still believe the only major imbalance left is map and tile design. For example, a good killer on a really fair map like coal tower could probably run no slowdown on most non set up killers and be a genuine threat. But on a map like Hawkins or Blood Lodge/Ormond they'd have their ######### slapped somply due to how spread out everything is, even against a really average team of randoms. Then theres maps like Hawkins or RPD that straight up neuter half the roster and turn them into man with machete.