Survivors need a new item.

Options
The_BiggCheeze
The_BiggCheeze Member Posts: 458
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

We have 3 firecrackers, all of which do the exact same thing just under a different name, and now you're giving us a firecracker as a perk. And I'm certain people are getting sick of seeing the same old boring 3, flashlight, medkits, and toolboxes. (I didn't put keys since they plan to rework those at some point.

SO, I propose an idea for a brand new item that isn't a reskin of an older item, or a different rarity of an older item.

The Audio Device.

An old and forgotten cd player, seems it still works.

Will cause a loud noise notification every 20 seconds.

Has a range of 20 meters

Can be reclaimed by the Survivor that placed it. (No other Survivor can interact with the Audio Device)

The Audio Device can be crushed by the Killer.

And addons can make it produce different sounds, and have different ranges.

Examples:

Nature Trail CD: Plays Survivor running or walking audio.

ASMR CD: Plays the sound of locker doors opening.

Woodworking Sounds: Plays the audio of a pallet dropping, with loud noise notification.

What is the communities thoughts?

Comments

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,667
    Options

(You forgot maps!)

But that's actually pretty clever. Put it next to a gen that nobody's working on and lure the killer there. You could also use the pallet one or footstep one to fool killers into thinking you've taken a certain action in a chase when in actuality you're moving in a different direction.

I'm not sure how useful it would be in general, since killers can see if survivors have this item and would know to be wary of suspicious noise notifications once acclimated to its existence (as opposed to perks like pebble or deception, where the invisibility of the perk is what makes it useful), but I agree more variety is needed and this provides a fun dimension to gameplay. At the very least, this would make a fun event item instead of Firecracker #5.

• The_BiggCheeze
    Options

Perhaps an addon that lets it spawn on the map and you can see it's aura. Or have instead of it being in your hand like normal, it could be on the survivors right hip instead. given this is an item you'd have to place it'd make sense for it to act a little differently.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,257
    Options

Good ideas. i like it 🙂

I hope to see these in the future instead of blinding bombs.

• DwightFairfield
    DwightFairfield Member Posts: 1,246
    Options

I've said it before and I'll say it again

a gun

give me a gun

I don't care if shooting the killer does nothing

I just want dwight to have a gun

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,538
    Options

Another thread I can try to give exposure to my item concepts (Click to get linked to the thread)

Pocket KnifeSling ShotSpray Paint CansSalt PouchSmoke BombVoodoo DollSmudge Sticks

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,667
    Options

@SurpriseSurprise makes a great point about other survivors needing to have the ability to turn it off. Someone else's distraction could end up being inconvenient when a survivor wants to work in that location, and players could use this item to grief other survivors by revealing their location. Like the sound of those addons, too, especially hiding the item drop sound and mimicking gen repair/healing. Injured grunts might be trickier because unless you link those grunts to the player who used the item, it's not going to be convincing - like if the recorder plays Dwight sounds, but there's no Dwight in the match, that's pretty useless.

• BigBall
    BigBall Member Posts: 129
    Options

its a fun and the one good idea i've ever seen for survivors on this forum! good job

• The_BiggCheeze
    Options

Specifically why I said survivor running or pallet drop sounds. None of them involve any sounds that a specific survivor would make, because who would have a recording of that. And as for the griefing part, Flashlights can be used for this as well. But for both the audio device and the flashlight, there's a risk. With the flashlight you risk the killer not caring about who you're trying to grief and instead goes or you. For the Audio Device, you risk losing it given the killer has the ability to break it.

No item is free of being used for Griefing unfortunatly, even keys since you have aura reading addons on them that can allow you to bring the killer to others. As well as people being able to steal your items during a heal.

This is still a work in progress idea though and I'm sure if it was actually added to the game there would be some anti grief mechanic put in place.

• The_BiggCheeze
    Options

Well you wouldn't be dropping it. There'd be an animation of a survivor placing it down on the ground. That way it becomes an actual asset the killer can interact with, given killers can't interact with dropped items aside from Franklins. As for the rest you are pretty spot on with what I had in mind when thinking of this.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I don't know if I want an item that can give killers notifications??

• The_BiggCheeze
    Options

You can place it in a location and it will play audio. Like a pebble, or red herring, but mobile and more versatile since it can play breathing sounds, grass crunching, sound of pallets dropping, etc. Used more for disorienting the killer. The only downside is the killer finding it, since they can break it.

It isn't active as long as you have it so it won't be doing anything to lure the killer to you unless you want it to.

• Mooks
    Options

Toolboxes for sabotage and the new flash grenade perk from Leon make notifications already

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

okay but you're not gonna sabotage a hook unless a killer is bringing a survivor to that hook.

• Mooks
    Options
  • Mooks
    Options

No but seriously, I get what you mean. It shouldn’t be abusable with the notifications. Red Herring and Diversion do have some heavy cooldown after all..

• JediWithASniper
    JediWithASniper Member Posts: 670
    Options

What if the radios were not an item, but a interactive feature of each map. A radio will spawn in maybe five locations like totems, yes, using rng, everyone’s favorite. They can’t be moved, but they can be turned on or off by survivors. Then they play sounds every 10-15 seconds that can distract the killer. Not noise notifications, that is a bit obnoxious.

• The_BiggCheeze
    Options

Which is why I added in the different types of addons that can be used. Ones that make different audio cues, not just noise notifications.

• The_BiggCheeze
    Options

Yeah I wanted something that is balanced and fun. As opposed to the normal stuff of flashlights and toolboxes. Survivor items have gotten stale and need something new.

I feel people could find ways to make it more versatile instead of just placing it and leaving it. Like using it in a chase with the running audio add on. get out of sight of the killer, place it down, and go the opposite direction.

Or place it behind a rock near the edge of the map, make the killer think someone missed a healing skill check.

I genuinely think this would be a good addition to the game.

• Nyx32
    Nyx32 Member Posts: 130
    Options

They could make this a perk like the new Flashbang so that you don't see the survivors standing in the loading screen with the tape and know that they are using one.

• The_BiggCheeze
    Options

Then we are left with the same boring old Items and a new firecracker every now and then. You can't change what audio is played, the range, or time it takes to break it if it's a perk. Making it an item will make it more malleable and useful for more situations. If the devs made it just a perk, the only thing it would do is cause noise notifications and nothing else. That's boring.

• Nyx32
    Nyx32 Member Posts: 130
    Options

Yeah but the issue is a killer can see you holding it beforehand in the lobby, then they'd know not to fall for random noise notifications... stuff like the pebble sometimes work cuz you can't see perks that people have. And even then it only sometimes works