I honestly despise your breakable walls with a passion.

Options
Pilot
Pilot Member Posts: 1,158
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I hate them. I despise them. They bring the absolute worst in me as a killer.

Playing Billy on any map with a breakable wall is pure pain

I'm gonna start using Corrupt on Billy just so I have time to break any walls near me so I don't have to deal with them later and give survivors one if not several free loops...

I despise Midwich & Dead Dawg Saloon as Billy.

Thanks for coming to my TEDx Talk.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

There’s only like one door you have to break on the saloon

• Pilot
    edited June 2021
    Options

Just venting.

I hate whoever introduced them. They are nothing but pure pain.

Oh boi I can't wait to see what breakable walls they add to Haddonfield when they rework it. Same with the bloody Swamp maps

• CLAUDETTEINABUSH
    CLAUDETTEINABUSH Member Posts: 2,210
    Options

I think it's a good addition, you take 3 seconds to create a new way to loop. And you don't really need to break all of them, the Freddy's Map for example has breakable walls in the building. You can either choose to limit your choices of entry (only in the middle) so they can also have limited options or open them and give survivors more options.

• Pilot
    edited June 2021
    Options

I would disagree.

Just because a couple or a few have a purpose & are strategically placed that doesn't excuse the other 99 that are placed for the sake of it.

It's not like our feedback is gonna influence them to do anything about it.

Edit: Whilst breakable walls are... somewhat of an interesting mechanic, it's done very poorly. Good idea, very poor execution.

I see them as an excuse for not coming out with more design for loops personally. Why come out with fresh new ideas when u can just pluck a ######### wall in a building and call it a loop.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

Imagine if they added walls to EVERY door and blocked off the windows in ground level. Make that map super ######### for survivors 😂

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,571
    Options

I too, despise breakable walls

• Pilot
    edited June 2021
    Options

The more they gut maps like Haddonfield, the better.

Nothing good ever comes out of that map.

Nothing good came out of it every time I was sent to it.

5$ they're gonna add a breakable wall to the house in the middle to block one of the entrances. Survivor going up, dropping down and repeating the same loop 20 times? Not once we add this breakable wall ! haha !

10$ they're gonna have multiple houses of pain once they add breakable walls to Haddonfield.

• CoalTower
    CoalTower Member Posts: 1,730
    Options

Oh yeah they're def buffing that ######### for survivors. But still, it would be nice if they made it killer sided.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

Same. Breakable walls are a very bad mechanic and, honestly, should be removed from the game.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

I hate them especially as survivor on The Game because I'll run into one mid chase and I end up getting screwed because of it.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Whenever Haddonfield gets reworked I hope they don't put breakable walls there.

• kaeru
    kaeru Member Posts: 1,568
    Options

Doors are not always bad. Some doors work for killer.

If door placed right next to window, then yes, you should break it.

All the rest of the doors would make additional paths for survivors, so you better leave it be.

• BigBall
    BigBall Member Posts: 129
    Options

Killer Shack, Upstairs door leading to balcony, Down stairs door near the piano, the better TL wall door. Not just one dude

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,666
    Options

Breakable walls are terrible. Some maps like Badham or Yamaoka give you choices on whether to improve your mobility on the way to a gen or hook, or to hem survivors in by giving them less exits, and I like that, because it's reactive to how your game is going and it's actually, y'know, a choice. Most maps are much, much lazier about it, and create an infinite loop, plonk a breakable wall next to the god window, and go "yay, player choice! :D :D :D" Yeah, no, that doesn't help anything. That's just giving the killer a chores list if they want to be able to play the map.

Then Saloon is just a screaming mess of breakable walls of all stripes. God ones, questionable ones, useless ones, ones the killer should not touch ever, it's got you covered.