Random Disconnect issues Continue

So, I've posted on this topic before and I'm not sure if there is any sticky notice about it, but Steam or DBD I'm not sure which continues to arbitrarily disconnect me and my spouse from the game, nothing of our doing just error 8012 continues to disconnect us from the service and with it go pips and a 5 minute lockout.

There has got to be a way to get the servers to receive input that if a disconnect from the game occurs that it can detect that it happened due to a click of 'Leave Match' or a game crash. It's not so much the ranking that's frustrating but the lockouts. It happens often enough that I receive a 5 minute lockout and never any more. You said when you announced the changes of disconnect punishments that you would continue to work on improving the system and it has not been improved upon in 2 years. Please fix this issue or at least have the dev team look into into it.

Comments

• tolore
    tolore Member Posts: 101

the problem isn't that it can't tell the different between a leave match button or disconnect/crash. It's the people can force close the application or pull their internet cord, or disable their lan connection etc... No game does this because the level of control the game software would have over your computer that point is ludicrous, HUGE security risks.