Why is Dead Harding over a bear trap still a thing?

Options

How is this a thing in 2021? Like, just how?

Comments

• GuyFawx
    GuyFawx Member Posts: 2,021
    Options

If we could move in a trap although much slower i could see them changing it but its one of the few incibility cloaks survivors have

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

You shouldn't be able to step over a bear trap quickly, nonsense feature imo.

• LilCrapper
    LilCrapper Member Posts: 89
    Options

I am a killer main. I whole heartedly DISAGREE with you

Trapper needs a SLIGHT buff.

Dead Hard on the other hand, is usually a non issue. For any killer. Although Dead Hard does need a slightly longer cooldown

• LilCrapper
    edited June 2021
    Options

Yeah no. Dead hard over a trap. And a killer gets a hit

Its like, you dont care the survivors barely have anything to keep them off the hook. Especially BAD surivivors.

Sounds like you just want EASY MODE

Here is a thought.... Stop putting traps in HORRIBLE spots? Trapper is by far my most successful killer IE doorways, pallets, and windows. Be more creative

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

While I’m okay with DH as a whole this has to go

• LilCrapper
    edited June 2021
    Options

Like i said...... Be more creative about your traps..............

EXAMPLE (I will only give one, BECAUSE you are being a jerk) Put a trap on the corner of a L or T. So when you are being looped. The trap is in an unexpected place during chase. Now you have a survivor in a dying state

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135
    Options

I'd rather they remove stepping in your own traps, but maybe that would be too much of a buff.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,988
    Options

Outdated game design.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171
    Options

Not to mention those are 50/50 spots I call them. Works half gets disabled other half as there is no cover for your traps in those locations. Risky spot I prefer great spots as I don't play bots so I need all the traps I can get.

• LilCrapper
    edited June 2021
    Options

troll. troll. and more troll.

Do you even own the game?

EDIT that was rhetorical. as in, dont answer that. I know the answer

• lucid4444
    lucid4444 Member Posts: 682
    Options

You dash when you dead hard.. you don't just walk really fast. It makes sense because you're not touching the ground with your feet

• Dr_Loomis
    Dr_Loomis Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I completely agree that this should be removed.

• Alice_pbg
    Alice_pbg Member Posts: 6,556
    Options

so they dead hard in the front or behind a pallet...

you're not changing anything.

the reason you don't trap the center, is because the survivor can just drop the pallet and vault your trap. nothing to do with dead hard.

• Nebula
    Nebula Member Posts: 1,394
    Options

I’ll play devils advocate here.

I played a game against trapper yesterday where he put someone in the basement of Azarov’s main building trapped the window, put two on the stairs and waited for someone to go down for the save while he put one in the only doorway in.

The only way that the two people could have gotten out is if one had dead hard.

I understand that the “counter play” to this is simply to let the dude in the basement die and pound gens, but I feel like a lot of people don’t realize how boring this is for every single survivor in the game. Dead hard is the only perk that allows you to escape these types of situations while also trying to be altruistic.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728
    Options

I mean you don't really need DH anyway the hit boxes for the traps are so trash survivors can just walk to the side of them.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

you can walk around the traps in the stairs. because trapper literally needs to be sideways to even put a trap on stairs. and if he can fit there, so can you.

also, use the door.

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

The devs don’t care about Trapper

• Nebula
    Options

I’m aware you can walk around the stairs one and you must not have read my whole post as I said that he trapped the only door out and the only window out

• SpaghettiYOLO
    SpaghettiYOLO Member Posts: 234
    Options

Lol no. People know to check stairs and areas when going against Trapper, especially if they're on comms, which is a good percentage of players. But again, even if they're not in a SWF, once they know it's Trapper, which they will if someone got hooked in basement, vast majority will treat basement with caution.

• Johnny_XMan
    Johnny_XMan Member Posts: 6,424
    edited June 2021
    Options

@Alice_pbg

Point being that even if they drop the pallet the trap remains. So yes while you aren’t changing anything it is a better option that if they were to drop it on top of it. Why? Because it is now an unsafe loop for them, and you can simple go around.

This applies to every pallet except shack pallet. Where you would literally have to go around to catch up with that survivor.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

then just disarm it. how is dead hard helping you there?

you wanna dead hard in, wait 40 seconds, unhook and dead hard out?

trapper camping isn't much different than any other killer without an instadown camping. if he wants to be near the hook to get at least a trade... he will. and like any other camping killer, it's very hard to get a proper save.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

and again... nothing to do with dead hard.

It's like you know you're supposed to not trap the center, but never bothered to learn why and assumed it was dead hard... it isn't. if dh was never in the game, you still wouldn't trap the center.

that doesn't matter...because with dead hard, they just won't drop the pallet. and now you need to walk around the loop while they are gaining all the distance they lost during the chase. and the pallet wasn't even used

• Johnny_XMan
    Options

@Alice_pbg

Whats the point that you are trying to make? Cuz I seem to have missed it.

Did you not just say that placement of a trap doesn’t change anything? Cuz I believe that is what I responded to. Dead Hard (again) hasn’t and doesn’t bother me. I am simply pointing out where people might see it as a problem which is at a pallet.

You can still trap the center and get value out of it. A healthy survivor doesn’t have DH. So again, I am not sure why you are trying to make this a point when it really is up to the player and the exhaustion perks they are working against. If I find out they have SB or Lithe, why wouldn’t I trap the center? Smdh

• Nebula
    Options

I once again urge you to read my full post before you respond.

It is a very common strategy for trappers to trap every entrance to a basement besides one, let the person go down to get the save and then trap the only exit out.

The only way for the survivors to get out in these situations is to have dead hard.

• LilCrapper
    Options

So, you dont own the game. cool story. thanks for baiting me into a complete troll post

im outta here. nothing but lame brain dead weights running these parts

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,127
    Options

Same reason it was a thing in 2020.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

Unless Trapper gets buffed DH should not make survivors immune to bear traps.

Trappers has too many downsides to also allow a perk to ignore his power like that.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

you said

Technically a survivor who has Dead Hard active should be immune to anything that would otherwise injure that survivor. That is what the perk is meant to do.

This is also why I also do not set traps inside the pallet but rather in front or behind a pallet.

which reads as "I put traps on the outside of pallets because of dead hard". Now, maybe that's not what you meant, but that's how it reads as.

and you don't trap the center because they just drop the pallet and vault... ######### do you think they would do? sit and die?

then he is camping... and just like any other camping killer, it's very hard to get a proper save.

and someone else can disarm the traps after trapper goes down. there's still a simple way out that doesn't require dead harding over a trap.

pfff... XD

wow that was bad... bye guy

• Nebula
    Options

You’re expecting too much out of solo queue players.

You’re left with three options now.

Pound out gens and let the dude die.

Have a good level of communication to where a third guy disarms traps while the other saves the hooked.

Having dead hard which also requires you to get injured along the way, if you’re healthy you’re simply dead.

Im still left with the question of why is dead harding over a trap such a big deal when it’s one singular perk that has a requirement. Some perks counter certain killers and that’s just part of the game.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
    Options

I main Trapper and Trapper is one of the lower tier killers. However, just because 1 perk out of ~50 perks, counters, allows 1 survivor to counter 1 or 2 traps the entire match, does not indicate that 1 perk needs nerfed. Iron Will counters Spirits power, Calm Spirit Counters Doctors power, Spine Chill counters Stealth Killers powers. There should be perks that somewhat counter killer powers. It's what really makes this game unique. It makes every game different, sometimes the killer has the advantage because of perks, sometimes the survivors have advantages because of perks.

The Trapper should be buffed and start out with 2 traps. Nerfing Dead Hard is not helping the Trapper and asking for a Dead Hard nerf for the Trapper just means that the Trapper is getting a crappy buff when the Trapper could be getting a much better buff.

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    Options

But i mean you don't need to nerf dead hard, just make it so you can't ignore bear traps. Why must survivors be able to ignore killer powers, it defeats the purpose of having a power in the first place.

• Munqaxus
    edited June 2021
    Options

If Dead Hard should be nerfed, like you are saying, because it negates a specific killers power every once in a while, does that mean that every other perk that negates a other killers powers be nerfed also?

• Hektic3000
    Hektic3000 Member Posts: 674
    Options

No, because im saying that you can change dead hard for this one specific instance, that technically doesn't make sense. I started by saying that you don't need to nerf dead hard but i guess you ignored that, you can change it without it being a "nerf". I didn't say change the way it worked at all except for allowing you to step over bear traps for no reason, since the point of bear traps is to cut off options for survivors at the cost of having them disarm.

• Ruma
    Ruma Member Posts: 2,069
    Options

Thats the problem i really have with DH.

• Venzhas
    Venzhas Member Posts: 684
    Options

Another Dead Hard whining.....

• OldHunterLight
    OldHunterLight Member Posts: 3,001
    Options

I will answer honestly, because trapper isn't loved by the devs even though he is the face of dbd.

• Alice_pbg
    Options

I don't think I am. I've seen solo players do very coordinated stuff before.

It's a camping killer, so yes. Pounding gens is the normal counter.

Not communication, understanding.

both of you having dead hard. otherwise you're just leaving the guy to die.

several perks have a requirement. most of them...I think... and getting injured is just part of regular play, it WILL happen.

no perk should beat a killer power 100% of the time. afaik, dead hard is the only one that does.

• Johnny_XMan
    edited June 2021
    Options

@Alice_pbg

Right, so if someone dead hards through a trap in front OR behind they can drop the pallet by which point I am already walking to gain distance on them. If they don’t same thing. Point being (yet again) that they A) didn’t get to use the pallet and hardly gained distance B) didn’t get to drop the pallet on top of my trap because it wasn’t placed in the center.

My question to you is what does that have to with with anything in relation to how you personally feel about DH? I see you defending it so I am not sure why you feel the need to judge how I play when I was simply pointing out that IMO that is where people have issue with it?

If a survivor is being chased and you are about to get a hit on them, I can guarantee you 110% they will not have time to both, drop the pallet and vault. Regardless of where that trap is.

Also, PS I am not sure how old you are but learn some forum etiquette. You sound very condescending and I’m not just talking about your response to mine.

Post edited by Johnny_XMan on
  • Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,895
    Options

Victor is "immune" to dead hard since his leaping animation takes longer to finish. And no, the reason you can Dead Hard over traps is consistent with being able to Dead Hard within Doc's shock to ignore the shock, or DH in PH's punishment and ignore damage. Or DH into a chainsawing Billy and avoid damage.

Dead Harding over traps isnt really an issue for Trapper, tho. He has other issues that make Dead Harding over traps feel like they are an issue.

• Munqaxus
    edited June 2021
    Options

So Dead Hard should be nerfed so it doesn't negate a killers power but other perks that negate other killers powers should not be nerfed, so what makes Dead Hard different from all the other perks that negate other killers powers?

Also, how is changing a perk so that it is less effective not a nerf?