The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The switch version is criminal and court worthy

This is a fun video to show how the switch version is and how bad it is.

You can count the fps with 2 hands...and no, it was never like that in the past. The switch version was actually really good and solid a for the first few months after the release. But with every update it got worse and worse.

I think this game is so bad that when someone would try to get this game from the eshop trough court they would actually win.

They sell a game that gets worse quality and performance every few weeks for 40$.... That's ######### criminal.

I don't have much money and it hurts me so much that after I spend 40$ for the game and more money for the dlcs that it's now almost unplayable.

Skill checks for example are impossible. You have to hit the button a second before or it's a failed skillcheck.

Watch the video, it's funny and sad at the same time.

Comments

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I agree it's getting worse on the Switch. I was going to buy the 5 chapters I don't own on there the other week after not playing it for a while. I am glad I tried it again before I bought them as I found it unplayable and cross platform play should not be enabled for switch since it gives nintendo players a serious disadvantage.

Too dark, far too many stutters, as you said skill check lag and low and dropped fps, as well as many other problems with it.

The Nintendo Switch version that I bought is, as of now until full optimization happens, non existent to me and shall recieve no more of my money.

• GrimmGaliard
    GrimmGaliard Member Posts: 258

You honestly think that someone would win in court? Christ.

You would at most be able to get a refund from Nintendo, but I doubt even that. What did you pay for? The game. What do you have? The game. It's running pretty poorly atm and that freaking sucks.

But you think you'd win in court? That's like saying you could take McDonald's to court because the burger you ordered didn't have enough special sauce.

• Judgement
    Judgement Member Posts: 955
    edited June 2021

Releasing DBD to consoles to begin with was a huge mistake. The game at that point had the visual fidelity of an early PS3 title but still performed abysmally on current-gen consoles

Further going on and releasing the game on an underpowered portable console was an even worse idea. The Switch was already far-and-wide demonstrated to be pathetically weak in the face of other modern-day consoles. Just look at MK11 Switch, the gameplay itself is slowed down so that it can “run” at 60fps, and the game looks like ass. The speed of the game itself is literally throttled because the Switch can’t manage it in 60fps, which is required for fighting games.

And with the game’s performance on PS4+Xbox One, they still went ahead and put it on the Switch? Unbelievable.

If BHVR do genuinely go ahead and tell people to upgrade to PS5/Xbox Series for better performance because they can’t optimise it for current-gen, that possibly is going to be court-worthy because they’re acknowledging their game can’t run on the consoles they were released on, and they can’t fix it.

It’s becoming Cyberpunk 2077 all over again.

• Røøkë
    Røøkë Member Posts: 36
    edited June 2021

Yeah, I was a Switch player, but after this last update, I caved and bought the game on the Xbox Series S (Switch and Series S are all I own for gaming). Even though I don't have any of my cosmetics or perks, the stable-ish framerate and better graphics are so nice. I never realized how bad the Switch version was until going back to compare the two (but it's not bad enough for legal action to be threatened).

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

For the record, threatening legal action and/or proclaiming something to be a crime when you don't understand or know the law is meaningless.

I agree the Switch version needs improvements, but this doesn't help in any way.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759

what's interesting is that the recording doesn't show the frames. I noticed this when i watched my own stream from ps4 and it looked fine on twitch but was god awful in person on the ps4.

• Purgatorian
    edited June 2021

It's like buying a vacuum cleaner that spits out some of the dirt collected periodically. It doesn't work as intended, has problems with it's design. I am not saying the case would win in court however it is clearly a broken product. Exactly the same as a video game that does not function properly, look at cyberpunks problems for example.

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

Yeah those of us on ps4 and xbone knew switch was gonna be a disaster from the start as the game barely functioned on our platforms.

I'm also wondering if there are any switch nurse mains now. Is that level of masochism possible?

• GrimmGaliard

The game functions, it just doesn't function as well as it does on other consoles and right now is buggy.

Cyberpunk is a bad example. Do you even know why its first lawsuit was filed? Or by whom?

• Purgatorian
    edited June 2021

I didnt say I thought the case would win, or even if it would be worthy of a court case. Cyberpunk was my point because of it being pulled from psn due to not functioning properly. Take my example of the misfunctioning vacuum cleaner, you could easily get a refund on that for it not working as intended, just because it picks up some dirt as intended does not discount the fact it throws dirt out too.

Have you played the Switch version? If so have you played the Switch version and one on another platform? The Switches performance is nigh on unplayable therefore not functioning as intended.

• GrimmGaliard

PSN took it off because it was on release and they could get ahead of the refund claims. They didn't do it with Anthem and that was reported to be bricking consoles among all the other bugs. PSN still keeps games that have game breaking bugs, poor optimization and even discontinued servers or support. Xbox didn't take it down and neither did PC, and guess what? This isn't PSN.

Your example also doesn't work. It's more like a vacuum cleaner that you need to really press down and run over and over again. It's difficult, it's not optimal, but it works.

Also yes. I've played Switch, PC, PS4 and PS5 versions.