Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Why is survivor toxicity so funny to this community, but.....

2»

Comments

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340
    edited June 2021

Awww!

Well thats very rare to feel guilty for getting a 4K. (Rare in a good way, I mean)

I’m a very nurturing person in general (maybe you are too) so I tend to have a lot of pity on Survivors when I play Killer, especially because I know how it feels to have a rushed and unfun experience being a Survivor Main. I, too rarely play Killer because its so pressuring and intimidating to me so just like you, I usually play friendly trials just to have fun wholesome matches. It was sweet of you to consider the game ending too fast and stalling a bit. Congrats on the 4K by the way! 💜

Edit: I love Elodie as a character btw xD her and Claudette are the only characters I can really identify with since they’re both of African American decent.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

Define toxic.

The only thing I view as Toxic is hate mail, snd thats hilarious no matter who its coming from. I dont see smacking tge survivor on hook as toxic, i think its hilarious both when it happens to me and when I do it. So what is it that killers are doing that you view as toxic that people should find funny?

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Well thank you but really, I'm not sure if I deserve it. I feel bad for the poor player who had to slug (I would never allow someone to remain slugged, I honestly don't know how I missed downing her) and then, after sitting there for however long she had to, crawling around and seeing every other player die one after the next, THEN get that final chance to escape, I really do feel like a heel for hooking her. I know it's the point of the game, I just don't like that it turned out that way. I rarely play killer, when I do play killer I rarely play aggressively, and when I do I'm rarely experienced enough to get a 4K, so I guess it was just wanting to finally get one recorded that led me to go ahead and finish the match, but looking back she's exactly the kind of survivor who I think should have been given the mercy escape. I even apologized after the match but they were either on console or had already moved on, there was no response.

I'm the world's nicest killer, I swear. Lol.

But yeah, Elodie's cool, and I've used Claudette hundreds and hundreds of times. It's weird, I'm a straight member of the community but I find it more fun to use female survivors for some reason. I think I have more sympathy for them? I'm not sure.

You don't feel that you can relate to Adam and Tapp?

• coaltrain503
    coaltrain503 Member Posts: 87

Not victimizing myself, pointing out people’s double standards.

• Unicorn
    Unicorn Member Posts: 2,340

In a way I do feel I can relate to them, but I personally love female characters and since I am a female myself, its easier to identify with Elodie and Claud more.

But if you want to talk more, I will post on your wall so we don’t continue to flood this thread xD Just let me know!!

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

Sure, feel free to post on my page anytime. I'm always up for a good discussion!

• Huff
    Huff Member Posts: 1,480

I mean, I see youtubers, Monto or noob3 for example, doing "Toxic (insert killer here videos)" often. You don't think they would do those if they didn't gain any traction, do you? Even streamers will take in requests and get viewers requesting "toxic killer builds."

Not saying the situations you discussed in your post don't happen of course, but I honestly see it from both sides. People are always that way, inside DbD and outside of it, in other parts of life. People are just sick and twisted.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

I don't know what you mean by survivor and killer toxicity, but if we're going by what everyone else calls toxic then it would be teabagging/flashlights and tunneling/camping/slugging, right? If so, tunneling/camping can take someone's game away from them and you can't ignore it as survivor, the killer is taking away your chance to participate even though it isn't a personal thing. Clicking and teabagging is easy to ignore after a while, and can't really affect your game-play. For the record though I do find stuff like hitting on hook or nodding on the ground funny, which fits the definition of toxic better than tunneling n stuff.

• bobateo
    bobateo Member Posts: 368

Morale doesn't matter. Ya'll literally ganged up on someone for using a game mechanic.

• meatisadelicacy
    meatisadelicacy Member Posts: 1,920

All of you crying about anyone being "toxic" need to go outside and talk to some real human beings and stop letting your feelings be hurt by pixels.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477

It happens a lot when killer act like they want to farm but kill you when the 5th gen has popped, that could be what she was thinking.

You should’ve saved her because she did nothing wrong

• Schardon
    Schardon Member Posts: 177

That is fundamentally and factually wrong though.

A killer can never hold a game hostage at all. He has absolutely no power over the length of the match. The only party who can control the flow of time within a match are the survivors.

If a killer camps someone you can still do gens and finish the game. Dying on hook takes 2 minutes. If survivors are efficient they could theoretically and without toolboxes and perks, fully repair 4 gens during this time. Yes, they could do that. 80 Seconds for a single survivor to repair a gen on his own. Takes this x3 and you have 3 gens repaired in 80 seconds. It takes 3 survivors 38 seconds to repair one gen. That's 4 gens in 118 seconds which is 2 seconds short of someone dying on a hook. Of course you would have to calculate in the time to run to those gens but you also have to calculate in the time it takes the killer to down a survivor and hook him.

I know, this doesn't happen in 99,9% of the games, but it's possible.

BTT: Even if the killer slugs everyone the game will within 4 minutes.

Survivors are the only role that can completely hold the game hostage with 0 progression being possible by repairing 4 gens fully and the last gen to 99%. After that they can just hide or (if they're good enough) loop the killer for an eternity.

No matter what the killer does - the game will either end by itself or can be finished by survivors.

• Hex_Llama
    Hex_Llama Member Posts: 1,818

I think when you guys say "victimizing yourself" you mean "playing the victim." Victimizing yourself would mean that you attacked yourself somehow.

Anyway -- I agree that there's a subculture in this community that seems to think being toxic survivors is funny, and I think it has to do with SWF and the streaming culture. Having an audience can encourage people to show off and embolden them to do stuff they wouldn't do otherwise. Killers can have a streaming audience, but they don't have friends in the game with them the same way survivors do, so I think that's part of the difference.

• CashelP14
    CashelP14 Member Posts: 5,564

This is a community issue, not a survivor only issue.

• xerav
    xerav Member Posts: 392
    edited June 2021

Just ask yourself: When was the last time that you would give a struggling Killer a hook (or a Kill) on purpose.

So he doesnt leave the match with nothing...

• Laurie268
    Laurie268 Member Posts: 573

I'm getting really sick of these daily killer vs survivor posts, both sides have toxicity it's just that you're more likely to see it from survivors because there are 4 of them.