Nemisis is not fun to play against

Options
2»

Comments

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    Options

His "power" is that he needs to hit survivors a 50% more often to get a down, than any other killer.

Huntress has it far easier to down survivors through pallts and windows. Yet, people complain that they should nerf a already weak killer.

I started counting how often i face Nemesis as solo on red ranks and its less than once in 10 matches. People already stopped playing him on high ranks, because he just can´t compete with the gen speeds.

• blue4zion
    blue4zion Member Posts: 2,773
    Options

I think this is because his power during chase just feels like a carbon copy of a few recent killers. The zombies add a new dynamic, although too minimal.

• aroell
    aroell Member Posts: 477
    Options

He is fun to play against, I don’t have any problems with him. But most people who play him are tunneling so that’s the boring thing

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

Honestly I think when people get good with him that number will decrease.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

I agree. Survivors are defenseless. We can loop, use pallets and windows, or run. They’re slowly taking away loops, have removed pallets, and boarded windows. Now we have killers who can hit over/ under pallets or just right through them lol. It sucks honestly.

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
    Options
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,347
    Options

Oh dude please don't give him a nerf. He definitely doesn't need one.

I personally find him fun to go against. There are certain situations where you do not have counterplay against him, while you would have counterplay against other killers. Which is when running at a pallet or window from an straight angle and he can just whip you. His counterplay is more limited than against other killers. But he definitely has counterplay, thanks to his limited range, decreased speed while holding his ability and his 1.5 seconds cooldown when canceling his ability. And making it take longer to activate his ability would cripple him I feel.

If he'd get more map pressure with zombies focusing on gens and not getting stuck so much, and maybe a few other small buffs, I feel like a nerf like this would be fine. But at the moment, Nemesis arguably needs some small buffs, no nerfs.

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 950
    Options

Imagine taking a second to observe how he plays and make calls like "He is gonna commit to an m2 so I should bait the window and then run around instead" There is a clear sound tell, and it only has so much range, If people are letting him get to T2 and T3, that's on you for legit auto piloting every loop you go to, which is like 80 percent of the survivor playerbase. People forget hiding, juking are actual things.

• akanadi
    akanadi Member Posts: 242
    Options

honey we know

• shalo
    shalo Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
  • Carth
    Carth Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

It would be so nice if there was some kind of mechanic where you could get rid of infected status.....SIIGHH I guess we will just never be able to deal with OP killers that take 3 hits to down someone, hopefully BHVR releases a 4 hit killer next. Now THAT would be a fun killer to vs!

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677
    Options

I get that feeling too.

When I play against him he tears through pallets super fast and can hit over tiles and through windows easily.

When I play as him though his tentacle doesnt seem that fast at breaking pallets and its hard to hit survivors over tiles and through windows.

And im pretty sure ive only seen green rank through yello rank nemmys.

Idk

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I personally don't find him OP, just annoying because of his Zombie + Ruin synergy. Once he forces a 3-gen, effectively the game is going to stop because zombies will eventually start patrolling the 3-gen area, allowing you to keep the area on lock down. Not much you can do at that point, with or without Ruin active because of the amount of control he has.

His M2 is fine, but can understand where people are coming from. Most tiles are pretty dangerous, then when you add a M2 115% ranged killer into the mix, you get into situations where you're forced to take a M2. However, the developers are smart and foresaw this, which then they added supply crates to remove the virus — effectively undoing the M2 and delaying Nemesis' M2 until vaccines are exhausted.

• deadbybums
    deadbybums Member Posts: 82
    Options

His tentacle keeps downing me through dead hard. Perks totally useless against him. In fact the perk has become even more useless against every killer recently.

• ClumsyTrapper
    ClumsyTrapper Member Posts: 544
    Options

Who cares about nemesis the zombies are loads of fun for everyone

• Tsulan
    Options

His addons look rushed. I mean, look at licker tongue. It does literally nothing. Just as his infection. There should be some kind of downside to being infected. Or why do we have a addons that revolve around the chests? Instead of having something that improves his tentacle?

It's more effective to use his m1 instead of his m2. Streamers that tried using his m2 only, ended up with 3 hooks by the time the gates were powered. That can't be his "power".

• gibblywibblywoo
    gibblywibblywoo Member Posts: 3,772
    Options

I don't want him nerfed, I think he's pretty mediocre. But its a Spirit or Legion situation where the only outcome of not getting hit is the killer being bad. A weak killer that isn't fun to play against is the worst of both worlds. Not even mentioning the fact that his power is just a hollow copy of Pyramid.

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options

Wait, I thought we were being upset about infection hits being jkust hold W to win, now we're encouraging using the vaccines that just make him worse to play?

He's boring for both sides.

• Tsulan
    Options

His whips hitbox is pretty wacky. So he´s prone to miss even very close hits. Compare that to Huntress or Pizzahead. Which both are much stronger then Nemesis.

• gibblywibblywoo
    Options

It seems incredibly inconsistent with waist high objects, which doesn't seem intentional. I'd consdier him significantly stronger than those two at the kind of loops you get in the center of Azarov's, for example. Huntress has tons of clipping issues on those and using PPs projectile on those is a crapshoot, at least until the pallet drop starts.

• stikyard
    stikyard Member Posts: 526
    Options

I don't think he's too OP especially because he has to hit you 3 times if you aren't infected. He is pretty weak at the start.

Now his new perk to see everyone for 7 seconds at the start of game has changed the start of the match. I'm not a huge fan of reveal perks, especially when you can't know or predict you are being revealed.

I've always thought Survivors should get a notification when revealed, like the skull icon when you are exposed. I understand this nerfs reveal perks overall but, like I said, I'm not a huge fan of them and find them to be OP.

• sulaiman
    sulaiman Member Posts: 3,214
    Options

Ok, but chases are not the only killer-survivor interaction, and not all players play the game as a chase-simulator. For me, the stealth part is much more thrilling than just a simple chase where i run in circles and camp every palett. But i never saw a statistic on what people like about the game, so if you have one, i would like to see it.

That a vocal part of this forum prefer it, i know. But thats all data i have on the subject so far.

• WheresTheGate
    WheresTheGate Member Posts: 575
    Options

Same experience. Nearly every match I've had against Nemesis they have tunneled to a far greater extent than I've seen in a long time. I've seen several matches where a Nemesis has completely ignored survivors right next to them to go find the one they're tunneling. Don't get me wrong. That's their choice. It's just been really strange to see.

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Not fun at all. On dead dawg last night, 2 gens had zombies on them and Nemesis was just tunnelling 1 at a time. We only got 1 gen done.

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231
    Options

he's just another killer you have to hold W against, for some reason they really love to make the newer killers have some dumb way to ignore loops and interactions, you know the main thing that survivors have.

I've started holding W against the majority of killers now. Less Pallets, more dead zones, and new loops that promote 'mindgames' see: killer swaps direction and lunges and hits you through the pallet drop just makes the juicy W button the best time waster, and now i've seen posts saying people want that nerfed too lol.

• Bradyguy99
    Bradyguy99 Member Posts: 226
    Options

At close range the hatches are instant. Even then they have a bigger hit box