Should killer speed be nerfed?

Options
van9684
van9684 Member Posts: 433
edited June 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Should killer speed be nerfed to maybe 4.2 or 4.3, especially on killers with one hit down abilities or long lunge attacks?

I know survivors run at 4, and with all the new range attacks killers, one hit downs, Noed, etc., I thought maybe devs should take another look at killer speeds. Thoughts?

This and would also help chases last longer and could help killer mains develop the much needed skill to compete when they do reach red ranks.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• FengisKawaii
    FengisKawaii Member Posts: 309
    Options

I mean sure but then every tile becomes an infinite for killers than can´t hit over them xD

Don´t worry though, I know when you start killers seem fast but once you gain enough experience you realise most of them are not hard to loop. There are some obvious exceptions like Nurse, Spirit or Blight where you just have to hope the player controlling them isn´t good or else you just die, and these wouldnt even be affected by your suggestions.

There are also some really good guides on how to play survivor on youtube, I recommend you check them out and practice! I promise you will laugh about this suggestion of yours in no time :)

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Most killers should get bloodlust 3 when not in chase. The ones that currently have no real way to get across the map

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,998
    Options

No.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

At least Sluzzy is Nurse main, she is skilled player. But there is so much her fan and they are not good like her.

• van9684
    van9684 Member Posts: 433
    Options

Yes remove bloodlust as well. Killers today can’t compete on red ranks due to lack of skill progression as game is so killer favored outside red ranks. How can we help these killer mains?

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

As far as I know I've never matched against Sluzzy, but I'm more than willing to take your word for it that she is a skilled Player. I was referring to Sluzzy's posts here rather than anything meaningful in the game. :)

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

She is just trolling here but still she has better posts than other troll and bait posts. At least her posts makes me laugh.

• A_Skinny_Legend
    A_Skinny_Legend Member Posts: 919
    Options

I agree, killers need to be more challenging to play. Currently it is so easy that I've even ventured to the likes of Fiona & wraith.

Besides that, I think that they should also further implement powers like Nemesis where it takes 3 hits to down a survivor. This way survivors have more leeway on actually living up to the name of their role & not just die in like 5 seconds.

They're survivors, not diers.

• Moundshroud
    Moundshroud Member Posts: 4,458
    Options

I have to admit, sometimes they are funny but she needs some new material. At this point Sluzzy is just a meme, a catchphrase that has long outlived its impact; "whatcha talkin' bout Willis!"

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 5,987
    Options

lol

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 932
    Options

######### no

• Waterfall
    Waterfall Member Posts: 202
    Options

Il give an honest opinion on this and why it’s a bad idea. First of all making chases last longer isn’t a bad idea if there weren’t competent survivors who rush gens. Gens can be done in less than 5 minutes if survivors focus them. Second is Noed only activates at the end not only this but most red rank killers don’t run it since it’s risky. As for the range killers they all slow down when they are about to use their ranged attack so they lose distance and survivors can break line of sight with them. Some of the short ranged killers like Pyramid Head have a long travel time for his smaller ranged attack so they all have a way to be evaded. They once did a test where they removed bloodlust the mechanic that makes killers even faster in chase if they can’t catch up to the survivor, when it was removed many tiles on maps became infinites for most killers except a select few now imagine reducing killer speed permanently. I’m curious what you think of my points. This post is getting long so I’ll cut it here. One more thing is I’ve seen this forum member Van around while browsing and know they tend to lean survivor so to make things clear I no longer play this game and just browse the forums but when I did play Dbd I was red ranks on both sides but I played more survivor.

• dbdgamer123
    dbdgamer123 Member Posts: 104
    Options

you know it already takes like 22 secs for the killer to catch up to you after you've been hit if you just hold W, right? if anything, killers should get a higher movement speed. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fv1rD82kmM

• notstarboard
    notstarboard Member Posts: 3,703
    Options

I haven't been a fan of the vast majority of killers introduced over the past two years or so. Blight is the rare exception that is fun to play as and against imo (although Tinkerer/Ruin/Undying is a bit much on him). That said, reducing killer speed to 4.2 or 4.3 would be brutal. Survivors could probably straight up run around rocks on Macmillan and not take a hit until the killer gets Bloodlust because the killer capsule is wider than the survivor capsule and they therefore can't corner as tightly...

I would love to see changes to killers like Deathslinger and Pyramid Head to make them not so insufferable to play against. Reducing movement speed definitely ain't it though.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279
    Options

I love how many people taking this guy seriously

• Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness Member Posts: 999
    Options

This boi been talking about nerfing killer for a week and does not talk about survivors.....pretty sure he be wanting a Gen simulator game.

• TheGorgon
    TheGorgon Member Posts: 777
    Options

Add 2 more bloodlust tiers and we have a deal /s

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 6,832
    Options

"help chases last longer"

Chases are supposed to be short. The killer chase emblem suffers if chases are long, and gen speeds are what they are because again chases are meant to be short. If chases are designed to last longer, gen times will be increased to compensate. If I'm expected to hold M1 on each gen for 150 seconds I'm not playing survivor, screw that, gens are [BAD WORD]ing boring.

If you enjoy gens and want them to take longer to repair, this is the game for you: http://www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

• theplaggg
    theplaggg Member Posts: 267
    Options

Being a red rank does not reflect any kind of high skill on both sides.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,096
    Options

The killer is suppose to be stronger than a single survivor. That's why it's a 1v4.

Survivors love to forget that they have 3 other teammates that are also working to beat the killer.

• Sluzzy
    Sluzzy Member Posts: 3,130
    Options

Killers do end chases way too fast for the majority of the time and that's why the objective are never done. There is too much that simply helps the killer win, as in bloodlusting. Why does survivor not have adrenaline when a chase is short and about to go down? Bloodlust should definitely be removed because maps have severely been nerfed for a long time.

• kingbojenbo
    kingbojenbo Member Posts: 130
    Options

I'd be ok with it but then you'd need to buff killers in some way. You'd need to rework maps again so that infinites can't occur. Maps are designed for current killer speeds.

There would need to be a lot that would need to be changed for that to actually work. So I very seriously doubt that it would happen. I would rework how gens are completed before a change like that.

Honestly BHVR would just create a perk that would increase survivor speed to "fix" that issue instead of changing things. We all know they love "fixing" things with perks.