The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DCs because of unresolved issues

wouldntyouliketoknow
wouldntyouliketoknow Member Posts: 59
edited December 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

There has been an influx of DCers and hook suicides and I don't blame them. This game is relentless towards the survivors and if you're against someone who isn't doing any of the below and still kills you, it is still a good/fun game. But DCers aren't typically leaving games where the killer is being respectful. Here's a few reasons you've heard a million times over, and my solutions:

slugging. If the killer runs off to find other players to get everyone on the ground, no one can heal each other. These killers will come to check on their bait and find a survivor because healing takes long enough a killer will make it back if or if not finding another survivor in the mix.
Solution: If one player is already on the ground and the killer knocks another person on the ground, that other survivor should be able to pick themselves up the rest of the way. Killers still have deer stalker and nurse's calling.

Face camping/extreme camping. What do I have to say about this? Well, first off if you're here to tell me face camping isn't an issue anymore because swivel hook- I'm describing their actions. If they're in your face and they're sitting there. They're face camping or whatever you want to call it. It upsets me everyone assumes you're playing with friends and they can tell you the killer is face camping them. When you're playing alone (and this is a team based game for survivors, none of this 'oh why did you even check' BS) you're going to waste time running up and seeing the killer is refusing to let a person go. It's cheap, boring, unfair, and mind boggling this issue has not been fixed. Swivel hook is nice but
Solution: If you're not chasing anyone and you're near a hooked survivor you should be losing points after 15 seconds. This game isn't just made for killers, and with this specific issue it really makes me wonder if I should keep playing, because there's a lot of DC's going on, and the best solution would be to fix issues like this.

The hatch. The killer has killed 3 people. There were enough survivors who fixed enough gens to open the hatch. IF the survivor finds the hatch and the killer found it too, there is a long boring stand off and generally no budging on either end until what I've seen, 99% of the time the killer will grab the survivor out of the hatch and get their 4th hook.
Solution: If the last survivor is due to everyone else making it out (or at least 1 person, which means all gens were completed) the killer should I suppose be able to grab the survivor out of the hatch. If during the game everyone else has been sacrificed I believe the killer should not be capable of grabbing the survivor out of the hatch if they do or don't hit them. Again, they already are getting a TON more points than the survivors and have already killed off everyone else.

Killer can see who you are, if you're bringing something, what character you're playing. But we don't even get to see their name. The reason this is a huge concern of mine is, if you played against someone and you didn't like their play style and god forbid the devs think all of the above isn't important. I'd like the opportunity to leave the game to play with someone else. I don't need to know what killer they are, or what perks. I want to know who I'm playing against.

This game has a lot of flaws, but these I think most survivors can agree are the biggest, besides certain broken abilities. There are a lot of people who also hate tunneling, but firstly I don't know what you would do to fix this specific issues and secondly the chase is a huge part of the game. If these issues above were taken care of I believe tunneling would be slightly more difficult leaving more room for recovery and a good time for everyone.

I don't blame DC'ers I blame the game. I've played plenty of PVP games where there's the occasional DCer but this game is getting bad... really bad. And it's hard to stick around with the game feels so unbalanced.

MESSAGE TO KILLER MAINS: Pallet looping still takes skill, my heart goes out to you I still think it's rough and I have experienced this playing as killer. Don't assume I don't/haven't play killer. Killer has way more advantages and control over the game, and though I think they should have control, the game gives the above unfair advantages too, however you can still have control/fun/kills without using the above tactics. Gen rush isn't a thing, if you're a good killer some games you get everyone super fast, some games the survivors are better than you and will get gens super fast.

*EDIT FOR GRAMMATICAL ERRORS

Post edited by wouldntyouliketoknow on

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

Genrushing isnt a thing, just like tunneling isnt a thing. Its just a player doing his objective effectively

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@darktrix said:

@Master said:
    Genrushing isnt a thing, just like tunneling isnt a thing. Its just a player doing his objective effectively

Generator isn't a person, it's a game asset and doing gens doesn't prevent the killer from playing the game nor does it eliminate him from the game. Genrushing is something killers say when they feel they did not have enough time to get a 4K. I've had killers complain about the 'genrush' in after chat even when they got 2-3 kills.

Doing the gens in a few minutes eliminates him indeed from the game. Personally I get less frustrating when I just get tunneled/camped and die very fast than when I am being looped while gens pop left and right.

Tunneling is sth survivors say when they feel that they did not have enough time to genrush. Ive had survivors complain about the "tunneling" in after chat even if I didnt get a kill on the "tunneled survivor"

• will_i_am_14_85
    will_i_am_14_85 Member Posts: 489

Gen rushing works to get through the escape gates as quickly as possible and tunnelling is a valid strategy as it gets one survivor out of the game early, it works, i'll give you an example of a game I just had.

The game before there were 3 survivors with DS, I was in a bad mood, next game loads in and I see a Laurie has Object of Obsession (as well as DS no doubt) so I make the decision to tunnel her and kill her quickly, the result? I get a 4K (Well 3k as I felt bad and gave last survivor hatch)

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Gen rush is a community creation that does not exist. Although the minimum time required to complete them all is disportionate to time needed for hunting/chasing/hooking × 4. Everyone says genes are boring and increasing time is a bad move, but how about more engaging repair. Make gens more fun than a simple timing check and an increase to time wouldn't feel like a kick in the nuts of fun.
  • The_Crusader
    The_Crusader Member Posts: 3,688
    I agree with a lot of what you said.

Don't get me wrong, there are some survivors who are just babies and would rage quit no matter what.

However there are some who are disconnecting because the salt from the past 10 crappy games they had has been building up. Then they get into a habit of disconnecting.

When you get ######### game after ######### game its no surprise they're on edge. Everyone just wants to find a good enjoyable game. They do exist but they seem rare these days.

Maybe if the hatch was invisible to the killer? And only the survivor could see/hear it? That way the killer would be running around looking for the survivor rather than the hatch. Meanwhile the survivor would be trying to stealth around for the hatch.
  • @The_Crusader said:
    I agree with a lot of what you said.

Don't get me wrong, there are some survivors who are just babies and would rage quit no matter what.

However there are some who are disconnecting because the salt from the past 10 crappy games they had has been building up. Then they get into a habit of disconnecting.

When you get ######### game after ######### game its no surprise they're on edge. Everyone just wants to find a good enjoyable game. They do exist but they seem rare these days.

Maybe if the hatch was invisible to the killer? And only the survivor could see/hear it? That way the killer would be running around looking for the survivor rather than the hatch. Meanwhile the survivor would be trying to stealth around for the hatch.

That's not a bad idea! Anything to fix the current situation.... 10 crappy games in a row is being generous. T:

• @will_i_am_14_85 said:
    Gen rushing works to get through the escape gates as quickly as possible and tunnelling is a valid strategy as it gets one survivor out of the game early, it works, i'll give you an example of a game I just had.

The game before there were 3 survivors with DS, I was in a bad mood, next game loads in and I see a Laurie has Object of Obsession (as well as DS no doubt) so I make the decision to tunnel her and kill her quickly, the result? I get a 4K (Well 3k as I felt bad and gave last survivor hatch)

Doing gens to open escape gates is the main priority of survivors. Besides bringing in lunchboxes there isn't really any way to make sure you're doing gens faster, not easily. Definitely not easily.

I don't believe being in a bad mood equals okay to tunnel, most killers that don't do the above tactics play enough survivor to know how it feels and avoid it- they avoid it because even though it's easier, it seriously ruins the game for the people you're playing against. They aren't bots they're people. And those same killers who are respectful generally still get everyone or almost everyone. It's still a good time.

But like I said, I feel like if the above issues were fixed tunneling would be more difficult giving tunneled survivors more of a chance to evade.