Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

is blast mine too strong ?

after being hit with this perk one day 7 times in a match i had to wonder is it too strong, its understandable to be blinded or stunned but why both ? even that's not bad what's terrible is you stay stunned basically the same as being hit with ds or head on , but the gen doesn't even break so you have to waste more time kicking it again. my suggestion is making it activate after the kick so you break the gen get blinded and stunned, but then can be on your way. i think its a perfectly fair and balanced trade that way

Comments

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,792

No.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited June 2021

I wouldn't say too strong as a perk but it should show the killer it is there, like they can see the mine on it. Survivors gets lots of warnings about killers perks, oh there is a warning sign for a hex, lullaby for instance, even though no one has been hooked yet or that gen is yellow, let's tap it so the killer is not undetectable anymore etc. Why are killers totally blind to most survivor perks?

• traviszenryo
    traviszenryo Member Posts: 53

any regression is better than no regression it makes survivors have to at least go tap the gens , 7 seconds is way too long to waste when in most cases gens can take 30 seconds if stacked

• traviszenryo

oh no don't get me wrong i'm fine with it both blinding and stunning you as long as it takes place after the gen break

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

No. Blast Mine is fine and doesn't need any changes.

• traviszenryo

unfortunately every second of a killers time matters, ive had multiple gens pop in 30 seconds so imagine being stunned for 7 seconds out of those 30 , all i think needs to be done is the stun and blind need to happen after the bar completes

• traviszenryo

only change i think it needs is to happen after the gen break not before everything else is fine

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417

It's literally just a minor inconvenience for the killer. It's think it's fine.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 4,092

NO!

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

It's a niche perk 😏 It's only to have a good laugh. It's not OP in any shape or form, all it does is stun when about to kick a gen. Nothing Op about it.

• Ramxenoc445
    Ramxenoc445 Member Posts: 1,358

I kick em anyway. Lets me know if they're still there waiting for me to leave or not.

• Chicagopimp2019
    Chicagopimp2019 Member Posts: 458

Out of curiosity, does it count towards the blind/stun the killer rift challenge?

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731

Its a new perk thats fun for some survivors, novelty will wear off and people will end up back to there meta perks. Trolling SWFs might keep it longer like Head On.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,367

Blast mine counts as both a stun and a blind and will grant 2 progress for the stun or blind killer challenge.

• jester20k
    jester20k Member Posts: 827

Lol are you really suggesting that they nerf this terrible perk?

• DistortedDream
    DistortedDream Member Posts: 672

No because Blast Mine isn't really a strong perk to begin with. It's very situational.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

A few seconds can be everything for killer. This wastes more than a few seconds of the killer's time, multiple times a match. I think it needs a nerf, not gonna lie.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,096

This perk's time to get ready or its effect needs to be nerfed, or it needs to be a 1-time ability. This perk wastes way too much of the killer's time, gives zero indication to the killer that it's there, and can be done pretty much an infinite amount of times. All you have to do is work on gens, which you should be doing anyway, to have access to it, and it blinds AND stuns the killer which will lead to even more situations where survivors can finish the gen in the killer's face, even though the only thing he could do in that situation was to kick the gen.

• AetherBytes
    AetherBytes Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 3,028

Heads up, trapped generators have a flashbang sitting on top of them

• ChiSoxFan11
    ChiSoxFan11 Member Posts: 1,093

I've gone up against survivors running it, and I've played it myself as survivor. It is definitely NOT too strong. It's fine as it is.

And as noted, it goes towards the blind/stun challenges. I'm terrible with a flashlight, and I got an old Rift challenge to blind the killer done by running the perk. 😁

• Purgatorian
  • Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,291
    edited June 2021

It's a frustrating perk but it ultimately only saves like 7-8 seconds for the survivor. What are they going to do while you're breaking the gen? At worst they ninja it underneath you and finish it. This perk seems like it would be annoying to deal with on a gen with at least 3 open spots. That way when the killer is occupying one then two survivors can run in and try to finish the gen.

Overall though it has a high requirement for a perk that again takes up a perk slot from meta perks and only blinds and stuns the killer WHILE they break gens. Ultimately you have to be willing to take crazy risk with Blast Mine to get any reward for it.

Frustrating? Yes - Strong? Could be but in most cases I see it just being annoying to deal with at most.

My opinion of the perk may change in the future but right now is just seems like an average perk. It's not weak because it does waste time but to me right now it just delays you breaking a gen.

• Mew
    Mew Member Posts: 1,832

no, it’s actually a worthless perk

it only takes away 7 seconds of the killers time, and is reliant on the killer not running Ruin and actually kicking the gen (which, not a lot of killers do since its a waste of time without pop)

imo, i think that blast mine should disable pop if the killer has it when they kick the gen, because only then would it be a decent perk

• 1miko
    1miko Member Posts: 268

This perk is amazing as it is and shouldn't be changed, it stuns and blinds the killer and also denies them the kick, forcing them kick again and securing any surv to lose who the possibilities of the killer tracking them since scratch marks take 10 seconds to dissappear. Still this will rarely work because killers don't risk on losing someone over kicking a gen unless they're running Pop or any other gen kicking perk, since there could be more survs in the area and deny any regression.

The strongest part about this perk is the global info part that tells everyone in your team that that gen is being worked on, so the average survivor won't bring the killer to that gen and help other people know they can stack in that area. This perk still is just useful and not necessarily game changing compared to exhaustion perks, ds, ub or bt. Honestly I feel the perks mentioned ,fixated, prove thyself, iron will are way more oppresive to go against than this, not sure why you're complaining about this one but it's one of the non #########-tier perks of the game yet it isn't even close to being broken.

• Purgatorian

OK, you stay with your survivor main mentality. Done with trying to have a conversation with you.

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

Nah the perk isn't that good, I've used it for fun but a wasted slot in most cases with Hex: Ruin active. It would be one thing if it ate PGTW lol

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

My problem with it is that it cancels your kick, thus stopping whatever perk you had going for it. So, you go through a kick animation, then the blind animation, for another kick animation. That's a lot of time wasted. If you still activated PoP with the blind, I would be okay with it.

• Yatol
    Yatol Member Posts: 1,955

no, its annoying but not too strong

• Bardon
    Bardon Member Posts: 1,004

I think that the following is a bit too strong:

The strongest part about this perk is the global info part that tells everyone in your team that that gen is being worked on, so the average survivor won't bring the killer to that gen and help other people know they can stack in that area.

45 seconds of "Hey, this gen is being worked on across the map" is a bit much.

• Purgatorian

How is it a nerf? Either the killer decides to kick and take the stun or leave it and risk it gaining more progress or even completed. It's not a nerf at all.

• BenZ0
    BenZ0 Member Posts: 4,125
  • KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

If used well it seems decently strong. Buys more time than DS because the killer's probably going to want to kick the gen after the stun wears off, and you can do it multiple times per match. Would honestly be pretty annoying to go against 4 Blast Mines from competent survivors. 5s wasted per BM proc is quite valuable if the other people are actually doing gens. In reality 1 survivor's going to be crouch walking on the other side of the map while the other 2 tbag each other because they both want to open the same chest.

• SnakeSound222
    SnakeSound222 Member Posts: 4,467

It’s not overpowered, it’s just an annoying perk mainly used to bully the Killer like Head On.

• Thrax
    Thrax Member Posts: 974

It's a nice consolation when you get tunneled off hook by a proxy camper that feels the need when so many just hook trade.

• HollowsGrief
    HollowsGrief Member Posts: 1,497

Can I get a killer perk that stops all survivors for 20s just for them doing their objective with no way to avoid it too please? 5s stun is way to long considering the perk is on that gen for 45s with no way to avoid it.