Way to improve the Killer's Power?

Options

Hey everyone! Have you considered ways to improve the killers power?

For example, as a brand new killer, it starts at level 1. As you prestige the killer, the power levels up to 2, 3, and at Prestige 3 it would be titled "Fully Awakened Power", with a new bonus effect possibly.

Would be cool if you could possibly do this! Thanks!

Comments

• Pez
    Pez Member Posts: 17
    Options

That actually sounds incredibly cool. Up Vote This Everyone. An example could be that at prestige 3 the wraiths bell could look similar to legacy, as the entity as "Fully Awakened" the bell. This could give the wraith increased mobility around the map and he would be able to do a burst attack, (Windstorm). Or he could also have the ability make his heartbeat become completely 0 and he would be completely invisible for a few seconds to mind game survivors.

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    Options

Having Prestige affect your killers is an awful idea. Their powers shouldn't be affected by cosmetics.

You prestige for to invest more time into the game not for a advantage over others. It'll be broken against newer players.

• Allivan
    Allivan Member Posts: 8
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Mc_Harty said:
    Having Prestige affect your killers is an awful idea. Their powers shouldn't be affected by cosmetics.

You prestige for to invest more time into the game not for a advantage over others. It'll be broken against newer players.

You misunderstand what I am suggesting. I simply am saying that after every Prestige level, the killer gains a level in their respected power starting at "Power level 1" at Prestige 0.

When a killer prestige's to level 1, the power they wield also grows in strength. This would progress accordingly with prestige 2, and finally prestige 3 unlocking their true power.

Regardless of wearing the cosmetics or not, this would give a new purpose to people playing a killer they really enjoy, and would make prestige more useful than simply unlocking skins or finding better items slightly more often. This would make someone who truly mains a specific killer that much more dangerous than someone who simply plays a little bit of everything, and would encourage long term play.

This could also be applied to survivors and their starting perks, or even at each prestige level as they could gain micro perks applicable only to them. Special things that would further distinguish them from the other survivors and make them unique.

You know, there's nothing wrong with expanding the gameplay. To shun an idea because it would make it "too broken against new players" is keeping a shallow mind and being shortsighted. New players are going to be destroyed against a Prestige 3 player as it is, and they will learn with experience and as they level up, and they will also get better at surviving. Just as we all did.

So instead of shooting down ideas you don't like, how about being constructive to the game. This was actually a good idea and many people I've mentioned this to agree. It also fits with the lore, how fulfilling the wishes of the Entity will grant the individual it's favor.

I wouldn't expect a brand new player to spawn in with Prestige 3 all perks without working for it, would you? How fair would that be? Likewise, if they start a trial and end up playing against a killer who is Prestige 3 with all perks, played for thousands of hours, how far do you think a new player will actually get anyways? They don't know that running wild will leave a trail of scratch marks, and leading a killer to your allies will get them killed as well. That's something they learn from playing. You can't just expect to cater to them in a survival horror game. It comes with the territory. If you play the role of "Survivor", you might end up getting killed a few times.

• Mc_Harty
    Options

@Allivan said:

You misunderstand what I am suggesting. I simply am saying that after every Prestige level, the killer gains a level in their respected power starting at "Power level 1" at Prestige 0.

When a killer prestige's to level 1, the power they wield also grows in strength. This would progress accordingly with prestige 2, and finally prestige 3 unlocking their true power.

Which is a bad idea. Why should I level a killer 200+ times so I can have a chance at higher ranks?

Regardless of wearing the cosmetics or not, this would give a new purpose to people playing a killer they really enjoy, and would make prestige more useful than simply unlocking skins or finding better items slightly more often. This would make someone who truly mains a specific killer that much more dangerous than someone who simply plays a little bit of everything, and would encourage long term play.

Some players can't afford to play a long time. There are some killers and survivors alike that don't even prestige. You'll just be punishing those that don't prestige.

This could also be applied to survivors and their starting perks, or even at each prestige level as they could gain micro perks applicable only to them. Special things that would further distinguish them from the other survivors and make them unique.

Survivors aren't unique though. Not compared to killers. They all play the exact same way.

You know, there's nothing wrong with expanding the gameplay. To shun an idea because it would make it "too broken against new players" is keeping a shallow mind and being shortsighted. New players are going to be destroyed against a Prestige 3 player as it is, and they will learn with experience and as they level up, and they will also get better at surviving. Just as we all did.

Sorry I thought this was a public forum meant to discuss ideas.

P3 doesn't mean 'skill' it just shows how much time you've invested into this game.

So instead of shooting down ideas you don't like, how about being constructive to the game. This was actually a good idea and many people I've mentioned this to agree. It also fits with the lore, how fulfilling the wishes of the Entity will grant the individual it's favor.

People think my idea is fantastic why don't you?

Maybe because I disagree with it? As is my right as an individual?

Are you really that triggered a stranger on the internet didn't like an idea you've presented? ######### kek.

I wouldn't expect a brand new player to spawn in with Prestige 3 all perks without working for it, would you? How fair would that be? Likewise, if they start a trial and end up playing against a killer who is Prestige 3 with all perks, played for thousands of hours, how far do you think a new player will actually get anyways? They don't know that running wild will leave a trail of scratch marks, and leading a killer to your allies will get them killed as well. That's something they learn from playing. You can't just expect to cater to them in a survival horror game. It comes with the territory. If you play the role of "Survivor", you might end up getting killed a few times.

I never said we should cater to new players.

I said it'll be unfair for them. It already is when they ether face a survivor team or killer with every perk in the game. It shouldn't be more so.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

MC_HARTY.....wins.

• Allivan
    Options

Mc_Harty, you dismantle my post and think that breaking it down makes your point any more valid than mine. I understand this is a public forum, however I am telling you not just my thoughts on how it would be a good idea, but also valid reasons for such.

@Mc_Harty said:

@Allivan said:

Which is a bad idea. Why should I level a killer 200+ times so I can have a chance at higher ranks?

How about because you EARNED it? Nobody said it needed to be done to have a chance at high level play. You did.

Some players can't afford to play a long time. There are some killers and survivors alike that don't even prestige. You'll just be punishing those that don't prestige.

This isn't punishing them. It offers something special if they happen to play a little more than they do already. Saying that we should cut back on gameplay just to cater to casuals is like saying that League of Legends shouldn't have the Rune System because casuals will never have full sets, or etc.

Survivors aren't unique though. Not compared to killers. They all play the exact same way.

This further proves my point. Why shouldn't survivors be unique?

P3 doesn't mean 'skill' it just shows how much time you've invested into this game.

Ok?

Are you really that triggered a stranger on the internet didn't like an idea you've presented? [BAD WORD] kek.

Not triggered. Again, you throw around words to make yourself seem more valid. I was being nice about it lol.

I said it'll be unfair for them. It already is when they ether face a survivor team or killer with every perk in the game. It shouldn't be more so.

Exactly. Lets expand gameplay to further enhance high level play. That's where people end up anyways, why make the game have less end game then it could?

• Mc_Harty
    edited May 2018
    Options

@Allivan said:
    Mc_Harty, you dismantle my post and think that breaking it down makes your point any more valid than mine. I understand this is a public forum, however I am telling you not just my thoughts on how it would be a good idea, but also valid reasons for such.

Saying that people agree with you isn't a valid reason

@Mc_Harty said:

@Allivan said:

How about because you EARNED it? Nobody said it needed to be done to have a chance at high level play. You did.

If you are going to make killers more powerful with prestige of course its going to have an effect at higher ranks.

The killers have already earned it with the perks they unlocked.

This isn't punishing them. It offers something special if they happen to play a little more than they do already. Saying that we should cut back on gameplay just to cater to casuals is like saying that League of Legends shouldn't have the Rune System because casuals will never have full sets, or etc.

It's punishing the players that don't want to prestige because they'll be weaker in the matches compared to the ones that do.

Also I never said we should cater to casuals. I said it'll be more punishing to players that don't have that much time to play the game or refuse to prestige.

This further proves my point. Why shouldn't survivors be unique?

Why should they?

They play the exact same as each other. Killers play differently from each other with their powers.

Ok?

So why should something that is purely cosmetic have an in-game stat reward to it? The P3 killers already have invested time into the game and understand the mechanics better, why should they get a stat boost because they play the game more? Its just favoritism at that point.

Are you really that triggered a stranger on the internet didn't like an idea you've presented? [BAD WORD] kek.

Not triggered. Again, you throw around words to make yourself seem more valid. I was being nice about it lol.

Because people like my idea therefore it's good is any more valid.

Exactly. Lets expand gameplay to further enhance high level play. That's where people end up anyways, why make the game have less end game then it could?

This game has no end game at all.

Even after you gather all the perks and have every character on P3, you just keep consistently level up characters.

• Allivan
    Options

Anyways, I feel this is both an interesting and beneficial twist on gameplay for both survivor and killer. If anyone else has additional/better ideas or wants to give positive feedback on my own idea here with ways we can improve gameplay, feel free to post and we can debate!