Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Camping Fix

Comments

• Onionthing
    Onionthing Member Posts: 469
    edited December 2018

If players were protected by hooks either unhooking or being unhooked, this woudl take away the threat of getting hooked in the first place. Playing to not get hooked, and not get caught imho should be the goal. Survivors need more incentive to play stealthy instead. Besides you have body-blocking and flashlights to torment campers with anyway. There are already a plethora of saves and forgiveness perks afforded to survivors already. HOWEVER that is assuming you aren't running with a SWF. If you are a solo then I understand the frustration of it being instant hard mode for you. Regardless to make it so that killers cant kill without a 2nd, 3rd or 4th hoop to jump through is pretty much turning them all into the current Legion. Then dump SWF on them, and welp, enjoy your longer queues because killer would be a freaking horror to play.

• MhhBurgers
    MhhBurgers Member Posts: 1,758
    edited December 2018

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

The point is that this change affects killers who want to play in a toxic way, I don't give a crap if I'm winning a match, I won a match if the SWF feels like their time was cheated away from them.

and that's fine if you want to play like that, but don't cry when there are changes to balance this.

Meanwhile survivors get to keep all of their toxic crap like SWFs and teabagging at the exitgate with no repercussion because BHVR thinks money is more important than integrity.

I don't need to dodge SWF, I don't have an issue with them, it's clearly the way you play.

Also, anyone that complains about T-Bagging is just beyond helping, just walk towards the survivor and they'll leave lol.

SWF was always intended, so was comms, so is tbagging, so is tunneling & camping.

SWF is still a [BAD WORD] miserable feeling, I don't even give a ######### if I 4k these ppl so it has nothing to do with playstyle, heck SWFs most of the time are probably easier if you want to play cheesy/campy because they will try stupid ######### to have fun beyond holding down M1.

It's just a [BAD WORD] miserable feeling that SWF are sitting there having fun with 3 other ppl while ur sitting there alone and even the game doesn't favor you.

Play SWF then? The way you word this comment is that you’re upset that people have other people to play with? You’re playing killer, if you want a game where you can kill with a team play COD or something? Lol. It really feels with this comment you’re just hating on them to hate my dude.

”SWF Isn’t hard I just don’t like that he has friends to talk to” 😕
    What’s wrong with them having fun? Lol this is a video game

What's wrong with the current patch? on average I mostly had 3,6 kills if I try hard with rare addons but that's only on stuff like Billy and Clown, where was the ######### need to buff survivors? That kill rate would've gone down if I played enough to get to rank1 again, I think on freddy I even had like just 2.5k on average even with rare addons on r1, that was perfectly acceptable from a balance standpoint so why the ######### did the devs think buffing survivors was neccesary?

• Seanzu
    Seanzu Member Posts: 7,526

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

The point is that this change affects killers who want to play in a toxic way, I don't give a crap if I'm winning a match, I won a match if the SWF feels like their time was cheated away from them.

and that's fine if you want to play like that, but don't cry when there are changes to balance this.

Meanwhile survivors get to keep all of their toxic crap like SWFs and teabagging at the exitgate with no repercussion because BHVR thinks money is more important than integrity.

I don't need to dodge SWF, I don't have an issue with them, it's clearly the way you play.

Also, anyone that complains about T-Bagging is just beyond helping, just walk towards the survivor and they'll leave lol.

SWF was always intended, so was comms, so is tbagging, so is tunneling & camping.

SWF is still a [BAD WORD] miserable feeling, I don't even give a ######### if I 4k these ppl so it has nothing to do with playstyle, heck SWFs most of the time are probably easier if you want to play cheesy/campy because they will try stupid ######### to have fun beyond holding down M1.

It's just a [BAD WORD] miserable feeling that SWF are sitting there having fun with 3 other ppl while ur sitting there alone and even the game doesn't favor you.

Play SWF then? The way you word this comment is that you’re upset that people have other people to play with? You’re playing killer, if you want a game where you can kill with a team play COD or something? Lol. It really feels with this comment you’re just hating on them to hate my dude.

What's wrong with the current patch? on average I mostly had 3,6 kills if I try hard with rare addons but that's only on stuff like Billy and Clown, where was the [BAD WORD] need to buff survivors? That kill rate would've gone down if I played enough to get to rank1 again, I think on freddy I even had like just 2.5k on average even with rare addons on r1, that was perfectly acceptable from a balance standpoint so why the [BAD WORD] did the devs think buffing survivors was neccesary?

It’s a minuscule change to borrowed time and I only see it effecting campers/tunnellers. As it should, because that’s what borrowed time is made to counter.
  • MhhBurgers

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

What's wrong with the current patch? on average I mostly had 3,6 kills if I try hard with rare addons but that's only on stuff like Billy and Clown, where was the [BAD WORD] need to buff survivors? That kill rate would've gone down if I played enough to get to rank1 again, I think on freddy I even had like just 2.5k on average even with rare addons on r1, that was perfectly acceptable from a balance standpoint so why the [BAD WORD] did the devs think buffing survivors was neccesary?

It’s a minuscule change to borrowed time and I only see it effecting campers/tunnellers. As it should, because that’s what borrowed time is made to counter.

The most fun I had with this patch was gleefully rubbing the way to harsh nerfs into the survivors face tbh, now this is gone and there's no reason for me to play anymore, I'll just wait out the next major nerfs to survivors or mapupdates where we can finally just run them down even without bamboozle.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

You dont care if you can 4k them because it's a slightly harder total win? I dont get the issue. So you just dont want people to have friends?  

If you're not having fun as killer, 0k or 4k, that's a you problem that only you can fix. 
  • MhhBurgers

@Carpemortum said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

You dont care if you can 4k them because it's a slightly harder total win? I dont get the issue. So you just dont want people to have friends?  

If you're not having fun as killer, 0k or 4k, that's a you problem that only you can fix. 

Even 4k'ing them feels like ######### because against any competent SWF you will 4k by abusing one thing: them trying to have fun, you know that you got that 4k because instead of getting each other up all the time and unhooking in risky situations they could've just done at least 2 gens. And even if they lose they ######### had fun and you look just pathetic even tho you're the one playing the alpha-role.

• Seanzu

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

The most fun I had with this patch was gleefully rubbing the way to harsh nerfs into the survivors face tbh, now this is gone and there's no reason for me to play anymore, I'll just wait out the next major nerfs to survivors or mapupdates where we can finally just run them down even without bamboozle.

I honestly don’t see how a small change to borrowed time is making you quit the game but to each their own I guess =\
  • MhhBurgers

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said: @MhhBurgers said: @SenzuDuck said: @MhhBurgers said: The point is that this change affects killers who want to play in a toxic way, I don't give a crap if I'm winning a match, I won a match if the SWF feels like their time was cheated away from them. and that's fine if you want to play like that, but don't cry when there are changes to balance this. Meanwhile survivors get to keep all of their toxic crap like SWFs and teabagging at the exitgate with no repercussion because BHVR thinks money is more important than integrity.

Also, anyone that complains about T-Bagging is just beyond helping, just walk towards the survivor and they'll leave lol. SWF was always intended, so was comms, so is tbagging, so is tunneling & camping. SWF is still a [BAD WORD] miserable feeling, I don't even give a ######### if I 4k these ppl so it has nothing to do with playstyle, heck SWFs most of the time are probably easier if you want to play cheesy/campy because they will try stupid ######### to have fun beyond holding down M1. It's just a [BAD WORD] miserable feeling that SWF are sitting there having fun with 3 other ppl while ur sitting there alone and even the game doesn't favor you. Play SWF then? The way you word this comment is that you’re upset that people have other people to play with? You’re playing killer, if you want a game where you can kill with a team play COD or something? Lol. It really feels with this comment you’re just hating on them to hate my dude. ”SWF Isn’t hard I just don’t like that he has friends to talk to” 😕

I honestly don’t see how a small change to borrowed time is making you quit the game but to each their own I guess =\

The fact that they get buffed at all even tho it's not neccesary, couple that with nerfs to the easiest killers and there's no more "heh, I just had to run you down with bamboozle, enduring and spirit fury while you have no chance to hide from me, ezpez"

• Seanzu

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said: @MhhBurgers said: @SenzuDuck said: @MhhBurgers said: The point is that this change affects killers who want to play in a toxic way, I don't give a crap if I'm winning a match, I won a match if the SWF feels like their time was cheated away from them. and that's fine if you want to play like that, but don't cry when there are changes to balance this. Meanwhile survivors get to keep all of their toxic crap like SWFs and teabagging at the exitgate with no repercussion because BHVR thinks money is more important than integrity.

Also, anyone that complains about T-Bagging is just beyond helping, just walk towards the survivor and they'll leave lol. SWF was always intended, so was comms, so is tbagging, so is tunneling & camping. SWF is still a [BAD WORD] miserable feeling, I don't even give a ######### if I 4k these ppl so it has nothing to do with playstyle, heck SWFs most of the time are probably easier if you want to play cheesy/campy because they will try stupid ######### to have fun beyond holding down M1. It's just a [BAD WORD] miserable feeling that SWF are sitting there having fun with 3 other ppl while ur sitting there alone and even the game doesn't favor you. Play SWF then? The way you word this comment is that you’re upset that people have other people to play with? You’re playing killer, if you want a game where you can kill with a team play COD or something? Lol. It really feels with this comment you’re just hating on them to hate my dude. ”SWF Isn’t hard I just don’t like that he has friends to talk to” 😕

The fact that they get buffed at all even tho it's not neccesary, couple that with nerfs to the easiest killers and there's no more "heh, I just had to run you down with bamboozle, enduring and spirit fury while you have no chance to hide from me, ezpez"

It’s a perk that I barely even see anymore since it’s first change.

youre still free to tunnel them just don’t expect them to drop on the floor for you. Borrowed time is a counter to camping & tunneling. It’s current forum it only counters the camping as you can just run them down until they bleed out, not it counters the tunneling too, a good change imo. Might see the perk more often.

you can counter borrowed time if you’re camping by hitting the saviour survivor and then hitting them again. You get to hook another player and another one gets to have fun and earn some points.

youre arguing against both SWF & Borrowed time as if they’re some how connected. I really think maybe you should have a short break and come back, it might do you well man.
  • MhhBurgers

The point of camping is to deny fun, is it hard for you to understand?

• Seanzu

And because of that it needs counters. Is that too hard for you to understand? 
  • MhhBurgers

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

So let's hypoethtically say 80% of the killers start picking leatherface with insidious and start facecamping every match, playercount drops massively, should the devs in your eyes do something?

• Seanzu

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

So let's hypoethtically say 80% of the killers start picking leatherface with insidious and start facecamping every match, playercount drops massively, should the devs in your eyes do something?

Hypotheticals are such a weird direction to take to try and win arguments. There are many variables in this video game with what survivor do and what killers do.

I think the game is in a really good spot right now there is more than enough incentive to play the game that ensure this silly hypothetical never happens.

But I also think that if you want to have the mindset of “I want to camp because I know it ruins fun for that person” then you have to accept that in a game where his is possible there will be counters to it.

you can’t just be upset because your tactic of getting 1 kill a match is getting challenged. Just like the survivors have been doing with the latest patches and nerfs to them, ADAPT. Become a better player.
  • MhhBurgers
    edited December 2018

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

Hypotheticals are such a weird direction to take to try and win arguments. There are many variables in this video game with what survivor do and what killers do.

I think the game is in a really good spot right now there is more than enough incentive to play the game that ensure this silly hypothetical never happens.

But I also think that if you want to have the mindset of “I want to camp because I know it ruins fun for that person” then you have to accept that in a game where his is possible there will be counters to it.

you can’t just be upset because your tactic of getting 1 kill a match is getting challenged. Just like the survivors have been doing with the latest patches and nerfs to them, ADAPT. Become a better player.

rofl always this implying I'm not skilled enough BS, I'm for a fact unable to get away from R1 even if I give hatches and afk every second game, I cba to get more skilled at a niche game like this, the only thing I could do in the first place would be to learn nurse.

I played league mostly because it's super easy to be ridiculously toxic there through gameplay, own the crap out of people with some very pubstompy pick and don't win on purpose (because winning just like in DBD would make me unable to keep that playstyle because at a certain level there's just no way to bully people any more)

This is a game where you play a friggin KILLER, I don't want a good and fair game, I want to feel powerful and play with my prey, I don't care how good you are, you are not able to toy with survivors at high ranks unless they really ######### up badly.

If I wanted to mark my competitive turf I'd stick to one of the mainstream games where ppl give a ######### about your competitiveness in the first place.

• MhhBurgers

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

rofl always this implying I'm not skilled enough BS, I'm for a fact unable to get away from R1 even if I give hatches and afk every second game, I cba to get more skilled at a niche game like this, the only thing I could do in the first place would be to learn nurse.

I played league mostly because it's super easy to be ridiculously toxic there through gameplay, own the crap out of people with some very pubstompy pick and don't win on purpose (because winning just like in DBD would make me unable to keep that playstyle because at a certain level there's just no way to bully people any more)

This is a game where you play a friggin KILLER, I don't want a good and fair game, I want to feel powerful and play with my prey, I don't care how good you are, you are not able to toy with survivors at high ranks unless they really [BAD WORD] up badly.

Lol basically “I want to effortlessly 4K so everyone else is miserable”. Well that’s not how Vs games work. Both sides have to be able to enjoy the game and have fun. 

You have to realise if they make a game where only one side wins effortlessly the whole game becomes nothing and no one will play it.

Implying survivors can't win effortlessly if they take the no-fun to play route of play. Is it unrealistic? of course, nobody plays like that but the fact that it's possible is enough to warrant more survivor nerfs.

• Carpemortum
    Carpemortum Member Posts: 4,506

This is a game where you play a friggin KILLER, I don't want a good and fair game, I want to feel powerful and play with my prey

Go play F13 challenges. It's you vs AI. 
  • MhhBurgers
    edited December 2018

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said: MhhBurgers said:

And because of that it needs counters. Is that too hard for you to understand?  So let's hypoethtically say 80% of the killers start picking leatherface with insidious and start facecamping every match, playercount drops massively, should the devs in your eyes do something? Hypotheticals are such a weird direction to take to try and win arguments. There are many variables in this video game with what survivor do and what killers do. I think the game is in a really good spot right now there is more than enough incentive to play the game that ensure this silly hypothetical never happens. But I also think that if you want to have the mindset of “I want to camp because I know it ruins fun for that person” then you have to accept that in a game where his is possible there will be counters to it.

This is a game where you play a friggin KILLER, I don't want a good and fair game, I want to feel powerful and play with my prey, I don't care how good you are, you are not able to toy with survivors at high ranks unless they really [BAD WORD] up badly.

Lol basically “I want to effortlessly 4K so everyone else is miserable”. Well that’s not how Vs games work. Both sides have to be able to enjoy the game and have fun. 

You have to realise if they make a game where only one side wins effortlessly the whole game becomes nothing and no one will play it.

Implying survivors can't win effortlessly if they take the no-fun to play route of play. Is it unrealistic? of course, nobody plays like that but the fact that it's possible is enough to warrant more survivor nerfs.

They can only win effortlessly if the killer plays poorly, he can literally kill them and remove them from the match. They aren’t magically invincible because they want to be.

There's enough pallets on the map for literally 5 gens unless the killer runs spirit fury, if you don't try to mindgame and just immediately drop them because you know that your team is genrushing then you can just run from 1 to the next pallet which only requires memorization of the game's algorythm, let's not forget the jungle gyms that eat up a ridiculous amount of time esp the ones on coldwind that you cannot mindgame.

The fact that you get hit at most pallets in this game is because you ######### up in third person to the killer's mindgame. There's survivors out there who cannot be effectively mindgamed and where it's mostly down to luck if you hit them by for example running by chance into him at a completely blocked T-wall.

There's a reason why killers most of the time WILL run bamboozle at high ranks and spirit fury, because mind games are nice to have but unreliable.

The only pallets we won't break are usually the ones that are really ######### like some of the ones in lerys where survivors trap themselves in a corner if they try to juke there.

• Seanzu

@SenzuDuck said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said: MhhBurgers said:

And because of that it needs counters. Is that too hard for you to understand?  So let's hypoethtically say 80% of the killers start picking leatherface with insidious and start facecamping every match, playercount drops massively, should the devs in your eyes do something? Hypotheticals are such a weird direction to take to try and win arguments. There are many variables in this video game with what survivor do and what killers do. I think the game is in a really good spot right now there is more than enough incentive to play the game that ensure this silly hypothetical never happens. But I also think that if you want to have the mindset of “I want to camp because I know it ruins fun for that person” then you have to accept that in a game where his is possible there will be counters to it.

They can only win effortlessly if the killer plays poorly, he can literally kill them and remove them from the match. They aren’t magically invincible because they want to be.

There's enough pallets on the map for literally 5 gens unless the killer runs spirit fury, if you don't try to mindgame and just immediately drop them because you know that your team is genrushing then you can just run from 1 to the next pallet which only requires memorization of the game's algorythm, let's not forget the jungle gyms that eat up a ridiculous amount of time esp the ones on coldwind that you cannot mindgame.

The fact that you get hit at most pallets in this game is because you [BAD WORD] up in third person to the killer's mindgame. There's survivors out there who cannot be effectively mindgamed and where it's mostly down to luck if you hit them by for example running by chance into him at a completely blocked T-wall.

There's a reason why killers most of the time WILL run bamboozle at high ranks and spirit fury, because mind games are nice to have but unreliable.

The only pallets we won't break are usually the ones that are really ######### like some of the ones in lerys where survivors trap themselves in a corner if they try to juke there.

Killers were doing just fine without the pallet changes and bamboozle. Killers playing now have it so damned easy compared to last year.
  • purebalance
    purebalance Member Posts: 661

@Carpemortum said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

I think the point went over your head. SWF is pretty much survivors with 7 extra free items/perks/killer perk negation that honestly is NOT about playing with friends, but rather having an unfair advantage over the killer to make themselves feel good tormenting someone else. If you can't see that SWF is toxic for the game in general, the problem is you. SWF should be its own entity and offer no BP or rank.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2018

@SenzuDuck said:

Killers playing now have it so damned easy compared to last year.

Talking about the past, can I get back that huge hitboxes that felt like auto aim?
    The times before 360 and juking even existed?

• Seanzu
    Wolf74 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

Talking about the past, can I get back that huge hitboxes that felt like auto aim?

So nothing you have said refutes my point, as it’s clear you just want the game to be as easy as possible for those super cool 4Ks

the game is far far easier than it has ever been but you just keep wanting more.
  • Wolf74
    edited December 2018

@SenzuDuck said:
    Wolf74 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

So nothing you have said refutes my point, as it’s clear you just want the game to be as easy as possible for those super cool 4Ks

the game is far far easier than it has ever been but you just keep wanting more.

This is basically just your false assumptions.
    You won't find ANY statement from me supporting your claim.
    Not about the 4k and not about the "ease of it".
    This is just a perfect example of an ad hominem personal attack.

You on the other hand just want easy survivor matches, but of course THAT is totally ok, right?

PS: Sorry for the "?", that's a rethorical question and I won't respond on an answer. overandout

• Seanzu
    Wolf74 said:

@SenzuDuck said:
    Wolf74 said:

@SenzuDuck said:

This is basically just your false assumptions.
    You won't find ANY statement from me supporting your claim.
    Not about the 4k and not about the "ease of it".
    This is just a perfect example of an ad hominem personal attack.

You on the other hand just want easy survivor matches, but of course THAT is totally ok, right?

PS: Sorry for the "?", that's a rethorical question and I won't respond on an answer. overandout

How do I want easy survivor matches lmfao? I play killer just as much as survivor and have so little complaints about the game.

i love how it’s always me apparently, I don’t make posts asking for buffs, I dont Support posts asking for buffs of killer or survivor but I’m the “entitled” one. The only posts you comment in are when it would make the game easier for you.

This change ONLY affects bad campers & tunnelers, which I’m fine with because I’m competent enough to play the game without using those tactics. 

• Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293
    edited December 2018

This thread is like a soap opera. First I went from laughing, then depressed, to now getting my popcorn. Jesus.

• Visionmaker
    Visionmaker Member Posts: 2,051
    edited December 2018

@purebalance said:
    SWF is pretty much survivors with 7 extra free items/perks/killer perk negation that _honestly is NOT about playing with friends, but rather having an unfair advantage over the killer to make themselves feel good tormenting someone else. If you can't see that SWF is toxic for the game in general, the problem is you. _ SWF should be its own entity and offer no BP or rank.

Oh my god, you honestly believe people play with each other in an elaborate scheme to hurt you.

You need help. You all need help.

I'm just going to give you an "Awesome" because I genuinely feel bad for you.

• Terratoast
    Terratoast Member Posts: 126

@SenzuDuck said:
    This change ONLY affects bad campers & tunnelers, which I’m fine with because I’m competent enough to play the game without using those tactics. 

All this change does is buff unsafe unhooks. Does this make malicious camping harder? Yes. But it also buffs many other situations where the survivor shouldn't get the free unhook.

If I see/hear someone (as I'm hooking someone) just itching for me to turn away for more than half a second so that they can get a quick and easy unhook you bet I'm going to walk away for a moment only to turn right back around to see if they fall for my bait. That's their fault at that point, they failed to wait until I'm preoccupied with something else or until I was too far away.

In another situation, if I'm chasing someone who ends up bee-lining it to unhook someone, should that survivor get a free unhook? No. They are doubly at fault at that point because they are not only guaranteeing a free hit if they attempt to unhook, they are also making it extremely difficult for any other survivor to take advantage over me chasing someone to rescue the one on the hook.

• Visionmaker
    edited December 2018

@Terratoast said:
    Yes. But it also buffs many other situations where the survivor shouldn't get the free unhook.

For the record, it's not a free hook. It's an unhook coupled with a perk designed to allow unsafe hooks.

Your argument should be framed with the fact that the survivors are deliberately running a perk that complements risky unhooks.

• tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463

I think survivors unhooking others should not be grab-able and hitting them with stuff like a chainsaw should put them in deep-wound status since killers even after all these nerfs will still be totally OP it shouldn't hurt them at all.

You can't be serious.

I get why you want that, its disgusting to find a face camper but with the new Borrowed Time its enough.

People would just abuse that and start unhooking survivors right in face of the killer.
  • Visionmaker
    edited December 2018

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    MhhBurgers said:

I think survivors unhooking others should not be grab-able and hitting them with stuff like a chainsaw should put them in deep-wound status since killers even after all these nerfs will still be totally OP it shouldn't hurt them at all.

You can't be serious.

I get why you want that, its disgusting to find a face camper but with the new Borrowed Time its enough.

People would just abuse that and start unhooking survivors right in face of the killer.

Of course he's not. He's just salty so he's throwing a temper tantrum.

Like a kid told to eat his vegetables screaming that he'll never eat meat again as protest.

As many of the posts suggest, camping killers feel personally attacked by the BT buff.

• Terratoast

@Visionmaker said:

@Terratoast said:
    Yes. But it also buffs many other situations where the survivor shouldn't get the free unhook.

For the record, it's not a free hook. It's an unhook coupled with a perk designed to allow unsafe hooks.

Your argument should be framed with the fact that the survivors are deliberately running a perk that complements risky unhooks.

I thought that the comment I responded to was in direct reference to the OP's suggestion (which was a blanket change regardless of perk being run), not the upcoming BT change. I have mixed feelings about the BT change but it wasn't what I was referring to.

• Visionmaker
    edited December 2018

@Terratoast said:

@Visionmaker said:

@Terratoast said:

I thought that the comment I responded to was in direct reference to the OP's suggestion (which was a blanket change regardless of perk being run), not the upcoming BT change. I have mixed feelings about the BT change but it wasn't what I was referring to.

My fault. I didn't think anyone actually took his post seriously.

To be fair, I responded with the prior knowledge that OP only made this troll-suggestion to vent about the BT buff, so that confused me.

• Terratoast

@Visionmaker said:

My fault. I didn't think anyone actually took his post seriously.

Although I responded with the prior knowledge that OP only made this troll-suggestion to vent about the BT buff.

Probably my bad as well. I tend to take things at face value because no matter how much some things seem like trolling, there is always someone out there who honestly has that opinion. I need to be more cynical sometimes.

• Wolf74

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    MhhBurgers said:

You can't be serious.

Baited. ;)

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178

@ MhhBurgers said:

Even 4k'ing them feels like ######### because against any competent SWF you will 4k by abusing one thing: them trying to have fun, you know that you got that 4k because instead of getting each other up all the time and unhooking in risky situations they could've just done at least 2 gens. And even if they lose they [BAD WORD] had fun and you look just pathetic even tho you're the one playing the alpha-role.

• pablonious
    pablonious Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2018

If this is why you do it maybe you should walk away for a while.  As a survivor I can die in a game and still have a fun experience.  As a killer I can 4k and still have the survivors tell me it was still a fun game.  You are basically saying you like to play like a scum bag.  It's the human element of people wanting to play toxic or like an [BAD WORD] this game needs to eliminate.   Look I like to tryhard every so often too especially if I get bullied on either side but it doesnt mean it's right on either side.  I have over 2000 hours in the game and I still walk away sometimes, maybe you should try that.  But if your sole goal is to be an [BAD WORD] when you play maybe stay away for good, the community doesnt need you.
  • pablonious
    pablonious Member Posts: 7
    edited December 2018
    I love you @mhhburgers everything is going to be okay
  • douggie123
    douggie123 Member Posts: 1,316
    These posts are getting old stop complaining about camping it isn't going to go anywhere. I camp and sometimes I camp hard when forced and no matter what I still 3/4 k and pip at least once and on occasion I pip twice. People chosen as my dying light obsession will definitely be camped.
  • ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Damn, ######### got real. If this is the mentality of every camper then I'll stick to maining killer for a while.

• purebalance

@Carpemortum said:
    MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

@SenzuDuck said:

@MhhBurgers said:

I think the point went over your head. SWF is pretty much survivors with 7 extra free items/perks/killer perk negation that honestly is NOT about playing with friends, but rather having an unfair advantage over the killer to make themselves feel good tormenting someone else. If you can't see that SWF is toxic, the problem is you.

Camping is just as toxic also.

• purebalance
    edited December 2018

Camping REALLY needs to be addressed with both an emblem and BP loss that is flashed on the screen. Do you think the campers actually read patch notes? No they don't. Flash that ######### on the screen and then make it their choice. -100 bp and -1% emblem every 3 seconds bright and visible on the screen.

And to the people claiming camping is a strat, then I guess we should remove crows over players in one spot too long right? Hiding is the same as camping. It's annoying and serves no purpose other than to be bad.

• Wolf74

@purebalance said:
    Camping REALLY needs to be addressed with both an emblem and BP loss that is flashed on the screen. Do you think the campers actually read patch notes? No they don't. Flash that ######### on the screen and then make it their choice. -100 bp and -1% emblem every 3 seconds bright and visible on the screen.

And to the people claiming camping is a strat, then I guess we should remove crows over players in one spot too long right? Hiding is the same as camping. It's annoying and serves no purpose other than to be bad.

Please tell me your being sarcastic and forgot the smilie for it.

• douggie123

The devs have even said camping is a strategy so dont post this rubbish
  • douggie123
    Also let's be fair which killer in the right mind if they hook someone and see all survivors or at least one anyway crouched right next to the hook ready to save would leave the hook. That's just pathetic and you might as well say "Hey survivors fancy a free win"