Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Add an option to disable post-game chat

aarongai
aarongai Member Posts: 155
edited December 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

Disabling post-game chat would make playing as Killer less stressful because Survivors tend to either complain or brag after a match and can easily gang up on a Killer, making for a toxic environment. Survivors always reach the end-game screen before the Killer does, so the Killer is forced to see Survivor messages before they can quit a lobby.

This might also be nice for Survivors too if their teammates sandbagged or didn't do well together in a game. Just the option to disable chat for both sides might make the game more enjoyable.

Comments

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

You can just leave the chat as well but I believe on console there's an option to do something like that. I don't let it bother me since a lot of times it's just ppl blowing off steam and for the toxic ones there's the report button.

• TheOwl
    TheOwl Member Posts: 185

@aarongai said:
    Disabling post-game chat would make playing as Killer less stressful because Survivors tend to either complain or brag after a match and can easily gang up on a Killer, making for a toxic environment. Survivors always reach the end-game screen before the Killer does, so the Killer is forced to see Survivor messages before they can quit a lobby.

This might also be nice for Survivors too if their teammates sandbagged or didn't do well together in a game. Just the option to disable chat for both sides might make the game more enjoyable.

Are you playing on PC? The chat box will close if you press the arrow next to it and stay closed until you turn off the game.

It would be nice to have an option to keep it permanently disabled though. You are not wrong in saying that a lot of toxicity is in the post-game chat.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    TheOwl said:

@aarongai said:

Are you playing on PC? The chat box will close if you press the arrow next to it and stay closed until you turn off the game.

It would be nice to have an option to keep it permanently disabled though. You are not wrong in saying that a lot of toxicity is in the post-game chat.

There is a way to close it permanent under Gameusersettings.ini 
  • FujinRaijin
    FujinRaijin Member Posts: 72

There is.

• Cypraz
    Cypraz Member Posts: 136

don't hang around to see what people are saying just leave dude.

• Sblitcher
    Sblitcher Member Posts: 35

I would second that since I hate sticking around to count numbers and perks while they curse me or boast about their victory. I mean, this is not strictly necessary but I would like the option of silence them if possible.
    Just say "gg" or shut up.