Legion Fun To Play?

Boss
Boss Member Posts: 13,614
edited December 2018 in General Discussions

So i wonder how fun people think Legion is to play.

Now i know that winning's certainly fun, and doing well with a Killer that has potential is fun.
But what i mean is: Are the mechanics fun? (Like Deep Wound.) Is the power fun? (Feral Frenzy.) Is the playstyle fun? (Going around fast, hitting multiple in a few seconds etc.)
I myself for example happen to really like 2 Killers who are/were deemed very weak for a long time, simply because of HOW they play. (Though they're not without issues of course.)

Comments

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

I dont have fun losing, achieving nothing towards my objective of the game.
    But thats just my opinion and there are probably some people out there that love to troll around with killers like that.

Just a shame that the devs keep adding to the unviable killers instead of increasing the variety of viable killers...... they say it themselves, wanna play competitive? Then play billy and nurse....... wheres my lul button btw?

• Boss

@Master said:
    But thats just my opinion and there are probably some people out there that love to troll around with killers like that.

Just a shame that the devs keep adding to the unviable killers instead of increasing the variety of viable killers...... they say it themselves, wanna play competitive? Then play billy and nurse....... wheres my lul button btw?

I literally tried to get people to not bring up the fun aspect of winning/losing.

• Wolf74
    Wolf74 Member Posts: 2,959

@Boss said:

I literally tried to get people to not bring up the fun aspect of winning/losing.

How do you want to keep that out?
    It's like an elephant in the room.

• HellDescent
    HellDescent Member Posts: 4,883

He's fun until you see 4 survivors tbaging at the exit gate. And even then his power will get blend and boring pretty quick

• Boss

@Wolf74 said:

@Boss said:

Very easy: By changing the subject.
    If people want to talk about the fun of Legion on winning/losing, this simply isn't the discussion for them.
    If you want to address the elephant, make your own discussion.

• Delfador
    Delfador Member Posts: 2,552

@Boss said:

@Master said:

He is fun when you use your power, sense nearby survivors, ignore pallets and windows, run like a maniac. After that period, with 110% ms, he is a pain in the ass, get looped to oblivion and the fun you get just gets lost.

He is a frustrating killer and unlike what devs claim him to be, not fun at all. Imagine the fun you would have if you played huntress with no hatchets.

• SpitfireOrMichina
    SpitfireOrMichina Member Posts: 209
    edited December 2018

He's realy fun. He's going to be my second main. We are all different. For some people, fun mean wining the game, and make kills. For myself, i'm having fun when i've played well and didnt get bored during the game. I dont care about kills. If i dont make kills but i took pleasure to play the game, then for me this is the meaning of "fun to play"

• Boss

@Delfador said:

@Boss said:

@Master said:

He is fun when you use your power, sense nearby survivors, ignore pallets and windows, run like a maniac. After that period, with 110% ms, he is a pain in the ass, get looped to oblivion and the fun you get just gets lost.

He is a frustrating killer and unlike what devs claim him to be, not fun at all. Imagine the fun you would have if you played huntress with no hatchets.

Oh? I didn't imagine 110% would be a deal breaker.

• Wolf74

@Boss said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Boss said:

Very easy: By changing the subject.
    If people want to talk about the fun of Legion on winning/losing, this simply isn't the discussion for them.
    If you want to address the elephant, make your own discussion.

Tell me again… how is losing in a competitive game "fun"?
    For real, 4 toxic survivor tbagging at the gate… but you had "fun" chasing them around?
    Killer playing pig-in-the-middle and ring-around-the-rosie is "fun"?
    If the survivor get cocky, because they know you can't kill them is "fun"?

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Delfador said:

@Boss said:

@Master said:

This. He'll be like the Huntress in that it'll be kind of fun using your power and then be absolute aids once your power is used up.

The difference is that Huntress's power is actually a threat, while the Legion's power is an inconvenience for Survivors and he needs to chase as if he was a Huntress out of Hatchets to actually down people.
  • Boss
    edited December 2018

@Wolf74 said:
    Tell me again… how is losing in a competitive game "fun"?

Tell you again?
    You tell me instead when i said losing is fun.

@Wolf74 said:
    For real, 4 toxic survivor tbagging at the gate… but you had "fun" chasing them around?

Isn't that possible for you? That you had fun doing one thing and not have fun with the next thing?
    Unless you NEVER find chasing to be fun.

@Wolf74 said:
    Killer playing pig-in-the-middle and ring-around-the-rosie is "fun"?

Pig-In-What-Now?
    And Ring-Around-The-Rosie is basegame to at least 8 Killers.

@Wolf74 said:
    If the survivor get cocky, because they know you can't kill them is "fun"?

That's not exclusive to Legion.
    In this regard, every Killer can be considered not fun and is only higher on this Killer specifically.

Again, very simple: You wanna talk about the fun of winning and/or losing? Don't derail the discussion that's not talking about it.

• Boss

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Delfador said:

@Boss said:

@Master said:

This. He'll be like the Huntress in that it'll be kind of fun using your power and then be absolute aids once your power is used up.

The difference is that Huntress's power is actually a threat, while the Legion's power is an inconvenience for Survivors and he needs to chase as if he was a Huntress out of Hatchets to actually down people.

Ahh, i see.
    It starts feeling like a chore compared to what's normally just the second part of the chase. (Which is the Survivor going from Injured to Dying.)

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874

Fun is subjectif

• Boss

@Dragonredking said:
    Fun is subjectif

Obviously.
    And that's precisely why i ask it here: Where people always come to share thoughts and memes.

• Tzeentchling9
    Tzeentchling9 Member Posts: 1,796
    Boss said:

@Tzeentchling9 said:
    Delfador said:

@Boss said:

@Master said:

Ahh, i see.
    It starts feeling like a chore compared to what's normally just the second part of the chase. (Which is the Survivor going from Injured to Dying.)

Exactly. It's the reason I don't play a whole lot of Hag or Huntress. If the Survivors don't step in traps or are half decent at dodging Hatchets, getting looped at 110% is the ultimate feelsbadman. Spirit has other tools outside of actually phasing, and phasing itself is powerful enough to make up for 110% as well.
  • AmorePrincess
    AmorePrincess Member Posts: 220
    I look forward to him. Yeah, I see the videos, and understand the frustration. But everyone said the spirit was #########, and she is the only killer I love up in red ranks. So I tend to not listen until I have the controls myself.

My friend played legion on ptb and said he hated him, but after a few days he loves him. So I guess its up to every player to see how he fit into their style. When I watched my friend play after he got somewhat good on him, I can say that I thought it looked really fun. 

But I used to main hag, so speed has never been a thing for me :)
  • Mc_Harty
    Mc_Harty Member Posts: 3,293

His power is fun when catching up to survivors and vaulting pallets. Also, I don't really mind the hit and run play-style, even if it may be underwhelming.

• Boss

@AmorePrincess said:
    I look forward to him. Yeah, I see the videos, and understand the frustration. But everyone said the spirit was #########, and she is the only killer I love up in red ranks. So I tend to not listen until I have the controls myself.

My friend played legion on ptb and said he hated him, but after a few days he loves him. So I guess its up to every player to see how he fit into their style. When I watched my friend play after he got somewhat good on him, I can say that I thought it looked really fun. 

That would be ULTRA SPEED! :p

• Delfador

@AmorePrincess said:

Spirit was ######### in the PTB though.

She wasn't able to hear survivors because of her loud phasing and the cooldown was really long.

After the changes, she became really cool.

• Wolf74

@Boss said:

Again, very simple: You wanna talk about the fun of winning and/or losing? Don't derail the discussion that's not talking about it.

This is the discussion.
    Better watch out what questions you ask if you might not like the answer.
    Weak killer that have a hard time killing someone are not "fun".
    If that is "derailing" for you fine.
    But how should it be fun to run around and achieve nothing, but a couple of hits..
    As a killer I am enjoying chases that I can … guess what? drumroll ... WIN.

I don't say I want an easy 4k every match (I just say that, because for sure some idiot will come and claim that), but "fun" is about achieving something. Down some people, hook some people, kill some people.
    Hit and run would be fine -I play like that with Doc and Hag all the time- but it has to be meaningful to do so to be "fun".

• Delfador

@Wolf74 said:

@Boss said:

This is the discussion.
    But how should it be fun to run around and achieve nothing, but a couple of hits..

I don't say I want an easy 4k every match (I just say that, because for sure some idiot will come and claim that), but "fun" is about achieving something. Down some people, hook some people, kill some people.
    Hit and run would be fine -I play like that with Doc and Hag all the time- but it has to be meaningful to do so to be "fun".

He specifically said that if you don't have fun because you can't get 4k or win, he is not interested in what you have to say.

If he didn't mention it, you would be right but I don't see any reason to discuss about it. You should understand his reason too because it is obvious that you don't have fun when you lose over and over again. Most probably he wants other reasons for why people find the legion fun or boring.

• Wolf74

@Delfador said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Boss said:

This is the discussion.

He specifically said that if you don't have fun because you can't get 4k or win, he is not interested in what you have to say.

If he didn't mention it, you would be right but I don't see any reason to discuss about it. You should understand his reason too because it is obvious that you don't have fun when you lose over and over again. Most probably he wants other reasons for why people find the legion fun or boring.

And here we go, the first one talking about a 4k.^^

I would give a well earned LOL, but the button is gone.

Nice attitude, "I don't like the answer, stop talking to me". overandout

• Master

@Boss said:

@Master said:

Hard to keep out the fun aspect of winning/losing in an "somehow competitive" game.

• Master

@SpitfireOrMichina said:
    He's realy fun. He's going to be my second main. We are all different. For some people, fun mean wining the game, and make kills. For myself, i'm having fun when i've played well and didnt get bored during the game. I dont care about kills. If i dont make kills but i took pleasure to play the game, then for me this is the meaning of "fun to play"

And I respect that, but why cant he be a bit more viable?
    Why are players stuck to billy/nurse if they want to be efficient? Thats the thing I dont like.

• Boss

@Master said:

@Boss said:

@Master said:

Hard to keep out the fun aspect of winning/losing in an "somehow competitive" game.

But not impossible.
    If you can't do it, this isn't the thread for you.
    Any further talk about it means you're not talking about the subject, and you'd break the rules.

• Condorloco_26
    Condorloco_26 Member Posts: 1,714

I don't think it's fun pinning the tail on the donkey in a game about killing. Legion should be called a Tagger, not a Killer. And also, (s)he looks weak, undersized, underfed, non-threatening and sports a boy scout knife. How is that sorry individual going to intimidate Tapp, David, even Jake?

I genuinely dislike this killer.

• Delfador

@Wolf74 said:

@Delfador said:

@Wolf74 said:

@Boss said:

This is the discussion.

And here we go, the first one talking about a 4k.^^

I would give a well earned LOL, but the button is gone.

Nice attitude, "I don't like the answer, stop talking to me". overandout

Instead of realizing your own mistake and try to talk about what OP wanted to talk about, you 'threaten' somebody that is trying to help you with LOLs.

You are unreasonable, have a nice day.

• Boss

Answers are actually pretty mixed so far.
    Though most agree to not like the amount of power Legion's mechanic grants.