Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Environmental Changes [Bringing Some Realism to DbD]

I think adding owl sounds and wind sound effects would add more to the game. It's a small little change that would make the trials feel a bit more realistic as currently they just feel like levels without any realism. Other sounds would be great as well, like distant howling, distant thunderstorm, etc...

Also, something that I would LOOOVE is an offering that would allow to change the weather. For example, we could have light rain, or light rain with a thunderstorm, etc... 'Small' things like these changes would make the game so much scarier.

Leave your thoughts down below!
Also, it'd be great if we could try and get some hype for this (if people do agree with this idea). I think it's something that Dead by Daylight needs.

Comments

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930

YAAASSS!

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

+1

• TheTimeMachine
    TheTimeMachine Member Posts: 229
    I support this wish wholeheartedly. The subtle effects in a game are by far the most memorable. It wouldn’t even have to be A-class effects! As long as it fits, and doesn’t mess with FPS- I’m all in!
  • Dav105
    Dav105 Member Posts: 73
    edited June 2018

"HIDE OR DIE" game has a lot of environmental sounds which make it scary. Taking these small effects and placing them into DbD would be peerrffeect.

https://youtu.be/ke2yDS_rKoI?t=4m35s

Although gotta say, Hide or Die is pretty unpolished to say the least. Dead by Daylight is so much better and it could be improved a lil bit by just adding some sound/visual effects.

Just thinking about this idea makes me HYPPPEDDD!

• Mandy
    Mandy Administrator, Dev, Community Manager Posts: 22,932

Owl sounds would be great I must admit, I get pretty spooked out by own whoots so I do agree that it would add to the overall atmosphere of the game.

• Dav105

@MandyTalk said:
    The problem with adding weather to the games, is fps issues that some players would have - initially in the Red Forest some people had fps drops due the extra "environmental impact" of the rain in that map.

Personally I'd love to see a map where it is snowing.

Ooo, snow would be awesome! I agree with you though, sometimes adding weather to games can decrease FPS but there must be ways to optimise it, right?. I mean if it were a big FPS drop, wouldn't they've taken it off from the Red Forest map? Just thoughts :3

• Dav105

bumping it!

• hMM
    hMM Member Posts: 121

@MandyTalk said:
    The problem with adding weather to the games, is fps issues that some players would have - initially in the Red Forest some people had fps drops due the extra "environmental impact" of the rain in that map.

Well technically it's snowing in Lery's memorial institute. But yeah, i understand what you mean.

• Dav105

bumping it for the last time and hoping this gets the devs attention <3

• Fropps
    Fropps Member Posts: 66

Just mentioning that the devs read the forum, but are never going to actually comment on an idea because then they'll have to answer to people when it doesn't get implemented (which is the fate of the vast majority of good ideas here). You don't need to bump your threads.

• Totally agree, all the weather suggestions everyone put, as well as a really low light map, running around in potentially complete darkness in some areas.

• Dav105

Would love if chapter 9 had this idea implemented! Probably not but it's nice to dream XD

• Yucchi
    Yucchi Member Posts: 250
    Wonderful idea. Mood of maps would change, player base would be happier and I don't think it would take that much of their budget
  • TheLegendDyl4n1
    TheLegendDyl4n1 Member Posts: 1,493

@Dav105 said:
    I think adding owl sounds and wind sound effects would add more to the game. It's a small little change that would make the trials feel a bit more realistic as currently they just feel like levels without any realism. Other sounds would be great as well, like distant howling, distant thunderstorm, etc...

Also, something that I would LOOOVE is an offering that would allow to change the weather. For example, we could have light rain, or light rain with a thunderstorm, etc... 'Small' things like these changes would make the game so much scarier.

Also, it'd be great if we could try and get some hype for this (if people do agree with this idea). I think it's something that Dead by Daylight needs.

I LOVE IT. makes the game harder for killers and survivors and would add a more awesome feel to the game. the light rain would be easy to see through still so killers in FP would still be able to see but would add more atmosphere

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Dav105 said:

@MandyTalk said:

Ooo, snow would be awesome! I agree with you though, sometimes adding weather to games can decrease FPS but there must be ways to optimise it, right?. I mean if it were a big FPS drop, wouldn't they've taken it off from the Red Forest map? Just thoughts :3

OMG SNOW WOULD BE AWESOME im a survivor main not a killer main

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@not_Queen please give us feedback of what you think of this idea i love it i mean it would take work and a different thing would have to be added on the game map but i would be awesome

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Dav105 said:

also another thing will you marry me so our kids will have your awesome ideas about videogames?

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited August 2018

What game do you play? DbD is already full of those effects: you can hear the wind blowing through leaves and grass, cricket noises, wolves howlings in the back ground...

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@White_Owl said:
    What game do you play? DbD is already full of those effects: you can hear the wind blowing through leaves and grass, cricket noises, wolves howlings in the back ground...

not that much it would be better if these effects were more frequent and noticeabe

• Dav105

@White_Owl said:

I feel like the sounds could be more apparent and louder so that everyone feels immersed (Even players like me who play below 50% volume). Also, this idea includes weather effects like rain and thunder which is something we don't have on a global scale (for every map).

Which is why I think they should look into this idea :)

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786

@Dav105 said:

@White_Owl said:

I feel like the sounds could be more apparent and louder so that everyone feels immersed (Even players like me who play below 50% volume). Also, this idea includes weather effects like rain and thunder which is something we don't have on a global scale (for every map).

Which is why I think they should look into this idea :)

The problem is that if they are more apparent and louder they stop being background and will be more distracting than immersive. I totally agree on weather effects though.

• Dav105

The problem is that if they are more apparent and louder they stop being background and will be more distracting than immersive. I totally agree on weather effects though.

@White_Owl Yeah I can see that being a problem but it'd always be nice to atleast try it out right? They could take it into PTB and see if the community likes it and if it's too distracting then they could reduce the volume on the sound effects :)

• slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943
    Excellent idea! They'd have to change the sound of the hatch to be more audible if there was lightning perhaps but omg YASSSSSS! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT😍👍💖
  • slingshotsurvivor
    slingshotsurvivor Member Posts: 943

@Dav105 said:

also another thing will you marry me so our kids will have your awesome ideas about videogames?

I can officiate the wedding! I'll dress up as the nurse in her black wedding garb 🖤
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@Dav105 said:

@White_Owl Yeah I can see that being a problem but it'd always be nice to atleast try it out right? They could take it into PTB and see if the community likes it and if it's too distracting then they could reduce the volume on the sound effects :)

agree

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@slingshotsurvivor said:
    TheLegendDyl4n1 said:

@Dav105 said:

I can officiate the wedding! I'll dress up as the nurse in her black wedding garb 🖤

hahaha people like you are why i still read the fourms

• HuskenRaider
    HuskenRaider Member Posts: 4

I would love to see random weather changes in maps!

• foxboxunionttv
    foxboxunionttv Member Posts: 48
    Was just talking about this. More sounds to interact with too. Like thunder to hide the generator sound a little or to cover the heart beat. Lightning flashes to obscure vision and stuff.
  • TheLegendDyl4n1

@foxboxunionttv said:
    Was just talking about this. More sounds to interact with too. Like thunder to hide the generator sound a little or to cover the heart beat. Lightning flashes to obscure vision and stuff.

love it as long as it is fare to both sides it would add alot more atmosephere to DBD which it lacks in i mean i understand it takes more internet to register far trees but if ones next to me i would love more detail maybe add bugs or squirels (evil looking ones)

• DKOuToFConTRoL
    DKOuToFConTRoL Member Posts: 59

I know FPS could be a potential problem and it would be wonky on indoor maps (the game, Lery's (maybe the offering would just be wasted on these maps)).

BUT, I could not agree more with this post! This would be awesome!!!! The extra layer of realism and having to listen extra carefully for sounds of the killer/survivor. Plus it would give every map to be a little different, you may have played Coldwind Farms 200 times, but have you played it in the snow?!

Up-voting!

• Dav105

@DKOuToFConTRoL said:
    I know FPS could be a potential problem and it would be wonky on indoor maps (the game, Lery's (maybe the offering would just be wasted on these maps)).

BUT, I could not agree more with this post! This would be awesome!!!! The extra layer of realism and having to listen extra carefully for sounds of the killer/survivor. Plus it would give every map to be a little different, you may have played Coldwind Farms 200 times, but have you played it in the snow?!

Up-voting!

100% agree!
    Also, instead of it being an offering, it could be a random event that is chosen at the beginning of the match. For example, when the map is loading, it could choose between snow/light rain/storm/dry storm or normal event. If a map like The Game or Lery's doesn't support a specific event then it would pick from the available ones.

• TheLegendDyl4n1

bump

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677

Updated jiggle physics for ALL female characters?

• CoolAKn
    CoolAKn Member Posts: 677
    edited September 2018

@DKOuToFConTRoL said:

Up-voting!

Perhaps for the indoor maps, they could add windows to the outside? Make the environmental sounds slightly more audible in the outer hallways? Maybe even a couple of holes in the ceiling?

Post edited by CoolAKn on
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    At first I thought this was going to be something stupid like "Add more world outside of the map walls" or "Make the gens have cables" which are both already addressed in the lore. I am pleasantly surprised by this being a request for more ambience. Yes, I support this. Great post
  • TheHourMan
    TheHourMan Member Posts: 1,052
    The cow tree is one of my favorite parts of the game. It legit creeps me out sometimes when I'm not paying attention
  • Dav105

@CoolAKn said:
    Perhaps for the indoor maps, they could add windows to the outside? Make the environmental sounds slightly more audible in the outer hallways? Maybe even a couple of holes in the ceiling?

I agree! Indoor maps could get a little love too. For example in the Léry's Memorial Institute, Treatment Theatre, the windows could have weather effects. If there was a storm, it would flash once in a while (Instead of being constant white light coming from it). If it was raining, you'd hear the rain splashes on the windows, etc... Just little changes/additions to the game would make it scarier I think. :)

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Dav105 said:

Sounds nice, but RIP performance, thats what I have in my mind :lol:

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@CoolAKn said:
    Updated jiggle physics for ALL female characters?

and male come on we want bulges

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@CoolAKn said:

@DKOuToFConTRoL said:

Up-voting!

great idea

• TheLegendDyl4n1

@Dav105 said:

@CoolAKn said:

I agree! Indoor maps could get a little love too. For example in the Léry's Memorial Institute, Treatment Theatre, the windows could have weather effects. If there was a storm, it would flash once in a while (Instead of being constant white light coming from it). If it was raining, you'd hear the rain splashes on the windows, etc... Just little changes/additions to the game would make it scarier I think. :)

yeah like if it was always rainging outside have water come down from holes in the ceiling falling down a drain or something

• FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    I don't really agree on sound effects all that much as I hear so much depth and character in it already (head phones bring it to a godly level), but I think that more maps with weather would be wonderful. Mother's Dwelling is one of my favorite maps due to the environment, sounds, and weather since it reminds me of home and I would love to see more like it. I think that adding weather offerings might complicate things too much, as it would be nearly useless in some maps and overly powerful on others. Especially with a game that relies so heavily on sound and listening for the killer or survivor.