The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun

Options

Comments

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236
    Options

Even with the ssd, which has fixed most of my issues, i still get a stutter when trying to use nemmys whip, though its not as bad as it was

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Also if you don’t know which video it is it’s the most recent one.

• Retro
    Retro Member Posts: 16
    Options

I really need to make test on My Brother laptop with R5 4600H with GTX 1650 with 16 GB of ram

• SloppyVoldemort
    SloppyVoldemort Member Posts: 452
    Options

I think you might be able to play the game, but with low settings. My household PC is an i5 with the same graphics card and RAM, and higher than low I can't play on it before I see that the PC has trouble running the game.

But your brother has a laptop, don't know if that makes a great difference?

• zombitehdeath
    zombitehdeath Member Posts: 587
    Options

I hope so too but I doubt the dev can the problem that they ignored in the mid chapter and if they do it will take a miracle to do so.

• umad
    umad Member Posts: 57
    Options

Here are some more. ######### are we supposed to do?

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911
    Options

Thank you devs for the update!

This is the minimum we ask, just some communication, best of luck to you all with this.

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,132
    Options

They can find all the time in the world to fix the cosmetic glitch...something people actually enjoy and engage more with the game because of... Yet here we are with NO fix for console performance. In the words of the great Winston...How embarrassing.

• Ryuzaki
    Ryuzaki Member Posts: 688
    edited July 2021
    Options

BHVR are rolling in the money, everyone knows they paid IGN to give DBD a 9/10 review.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    Options

The reason it appears so senseless is because those cosmetic bugs were fixed a month ago and spent weeks going through platform verification and update scheduling. We are generally always recieving updates a month behind due to the nature of how it works.

It does add insult to injury but there's not much anyone can do about it.

• onemind
    onemind Member Posts: 3,089
    Options
  • bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,097
    Options

PTB starts on the 7th. Lasts a week, patch usually comes out 3 weeks after PTB ends (except for the times it was longer and they didn't say anything because "no official dare was given").

• Nun_So_Vile
    Nun_So_Vile Member Posts: 2,132
    edited July 2021
    Options

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to boop the snoot. 🐷👈️

• Razorbeam
    edited July 2021
    Options

So external sata to USB 3 cable turned up an hour ago, copied DBD over to 500g SSD I bad at home and it's fixed all my stuttering issues.

Haven't stuttered a single lunge, all killer powers just work, accidentally turning into a surprise survivor doesn't make them stutter through me before I can react. It's to the point where landing all these far reaching lunge attacks actually looks weird to me because I see the whole animation from start to finish with no jittering and it's just smooth.

None of these really is surprising tho as even BHVR have confirmed it's a HDD issue so don't run out to buy one as I'm sure it will be fixed soon.

Edit: just played blight on forest, did everything I could try to make the game stutter and failed, was bashing off things like a maniac, flick turn hits were smooth as anything and I even brought sloppy butcher to help lag the game. Not a single stutter all map, god knows what the survivors were thinking as I was slamming into everything trying to stress test. Also noticed people can no longer 360 into me for free, now they get smacked in the face.

@MandyTalk not sure if you want to pass along as feedback, I know it's not too suprosing but maybe it helps identify the issue.

• umad
    umad Member Posts: 57
    Options

They should have just made a DBD 2 that was next gen console and PC only. I would be fine playing an older version with worse graphics for a little while before I upgraded my console. At least then the game might actually work.

• Razorbeam
    edited July 2021
    Options

So I've just re-enabeled long recording on PS4, here's 5mins of stutterless plague gameplay using the external SSD. If anyone has a SSD knocking about at home I'd def spend the $6 on a convertor cable, again though don't buy an SSD just to address it.

Edit: just had a game on phead on swamp where all 3 dead hards used in the game did not cause any performance loss whatsoever, they just animated forwards, of course when I told PS4 to save clip it gave me the last 37seconds of the match and not 5mins...

Edit 2: well DBD is just a normal functioning game now, I think what I've learned is this HDD issue has always been the problem even before the stuttering, the game is just running perfectly all night no matter how much I try and mess it up, all killers powers work fine, no perks seem to disrupt it. Whether bhvr are able to resolve this issue remains to be seen, but we can definitely put the stupid "the graphics are too good(lol) for last gen to run" argument to rest.

Post edited by Razorbeam on
  • JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,466
    Options

My Xbox1x came with a SSD and struggles mightily to run this game. Doubtful another would make a difference performance wise

• Razorbeam
    Options

Pulsar said the same for his xbox, he even tried an external drive and had no joy so naturally my expectations were very low but I can't deny the results, I just played legion on the extra stuttery snow map and I'm bouncing between 4 survivors all 360'ing into me in my face as I'm applying sloppy butcher or using my power, nothing is giving me any performance loss I'm able to actually deal with those situations because nothing is even giving me fps drops, it's just... stable.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    OniWantsYourMacaroni Member Posts: 5,944
    Options

What kind of SSD and does your XBOX One X have USB 3.0 or 2.0 ?

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

They removed the "mid chapter" announcement for some reason.

• Razorbeam
    Options

Here's some highlights from a blight game I just had for testing, note I'm rusty as hell on blight coz performance stopped me wanting to play him, I've highlighted the bouncing and the lunge attacks just so you can see I'm not actually smoking crack when I say performance is flawless, tho smoking crack would explain the L I took in that game.

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

Man, i miss playing Blight without any freeze or lag 😢

But i'm glad it's working for you

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,466
    Options

As far as I know all Xbox1's use only 3.0 and it's a 1T memory internal hybrid SSD. I am not tech saavy in the least so I barely know what all that even means! ;)

• Razorbeam
    Options

I know man believe me I'm not trying to flex, I just find it highly interesting that if you remove the HDD bottleneck entirely, all your DBD problems go away, not just the stuttering, and I think that fact really needs to be explored by bhvr.

• Razorbeam
    Options

Just fyi having a hybrid SSD is better than having an old HDD but nowhere near as good as an actual pure SSD. Confusing I know...

• OniWantsYourMacaroni
    Options

I find it pretty weird that a SSD actually helps with performance.

BHVR things 🤷‍♂️