The Continued Ignorance of Performance Issues Continues to Hamper Player Fun

Comments

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594

How dare people attempt to find work arounds to the problems we've dealt with for over a month.

• reeves7
    reeves7 Member Posts: 306

Trust me in that,they CANT FIX the console problems!!!!! If they could fix it,it should have been fixed long time ago. Dont expect them to change all their codings from the beginning to rewrite new ones. I know they cant,so i don’t expect them to fix it. I never had any fps or lag problems since the re update,so i didn’t care about the poor performance so many console players stated but now i can see and it’s unfortunate how bad optimised this game is. You want the problems to be fixed; fix them by yourself,buy an ssd or the ps5/xsx or a good pc.

• Razorbeam

I mean if we are talking overall optimisation that birthed this thread then I agree with you it's not gonna happen, they do however have to get the game back to it's more functional RE update state as quite a high priority or they would eventually risk loosing the ability to sell it on playstation.

• reeves7
    reeves7 Member Posts: 306

Its not up to them,the game keeps getting bigger and bigger with more updates dlcs etc…. At this point they cant do anything so its in our hands to fix the problem. Ssd-ps5/xsx-pc

• Rokku_Rorru
    Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,114

So I've been thinking since the recent developers update that the really bad hits everyones getting from both sides isn't just made worse by hit validation: but the poor framerate. Why? I'm going to guess lol:

Games run their logic via an update method which checks for things every frame, which is were a lot bugs can occur (clipping out of bounds due to a missed collision check coz going too fast etc). I think people with low frame rates are causing delayed hit checks with the recent freezes which then take a while to process then have to go through the hit validation system, so there is this huge desync caused by slow validation on the person with lower framerate (the majority of PS4/Xbox players in the recent update).

If the above is true it's possible it will be fixed with the server being the judge buuuuut... I'm honestly concerned it's going to make it unenjoyable more so for those who are playing on poorly optimized systems.

Maybe put every system on low graphics like the switch until they can optimise it better (if you're gonna be lazy about it).

I'm just concerned.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911

Yesssss!

Did it ever get explained why console are capped at Ultra?

• Razorbeam

I imagine it's due to the fact that on paper the current gen would have no problem running ultra and it looks better so why not, what they didn't factor in was how poorly the base code was and not understanding that running DBD of all games through a port would have terrible results.

• Razorbeam

Honestly with the maps the size they are they could do 3 more graphical overhauls and the current gen consoles wouldn't be challanged at all, you can push specs much higher on console than pc because it's being designed for one uniform set of hardware.

The issue lies in the porting and the game being awfully written which to the defense of BHV they designed the game as a small bunch of new indie devs, hell most the engine was designed via blue print assets which is like how I could design a game in my bedroom lol. Porting always makes problems even on the most well written games. What DBD needs is a real playstation and Xbox version made from the ground up, but the pc version needs that too just as much so not gonna hold my breath.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    edited July 2021

Dude. I am not buying it myself but if people can play the game that way and it makes them happy why judge them?

What is your solution? Some people can't give up the game and don't have other options atm. Not everyone can just stop playing like some of us or wait for a fix (which most likely won't ever come).

• Razorbeam

A fellow dying light enjoyer, that sequel looks amazing doesn't it, can't believe we almost lost that game to covid, regarding everything else you pretty much summerized mine and a lot of people's feelings on the matter, if it's the quarterly investor meetings forcing them to keep pumping out chapters I can somewhat sympathize, but then why not just contract the job of rebuilding the game to a 3rd party at the same time.

• Edgars_Raven
    Edgars_Raven Member Posts: 1,236

What console are you on? Xbox one s is like night and day

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775
    edited July 2021

One X.

I believe @Shdw_Void also installed it on his external drive and saw no improvement

• Edgars_Raven

Nobody is suggesting you should have to go out and by one certainly. Knowing this info does 2 things:

1) for those who can affird it and are whatever about it its an easy solution.

2) and more importantly it may help the devs diagnose SOME of the issues as they can be difficult to pinpoint

HOPEFULLY they can use the information to fix the problem so people that cant afford it get the issue resolved

• Edgars_Raven

I think the one x had an ssd anyway built in didnt it?

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I believe so, I thought it was worth it to try.

It only took me 15 minutes to move DBD from my Internal to External, so I figured it wasn't a huge deal.

• Edgars_Raven

So it could be that the issues with the one x are an entirely different issue from the one s. Im not a hardware expert by any means so idk

• Shaped
    edited July 2021

That is not what I meant. I already said that it is good that there is ssd for people that are willing to do it in my other posts.

I am just stating that for some of us it is not worth it, that's it. I am not against it at all. I am glad that it works for people.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

I switched to PC a few days ago and I haven't seen the problems people are mentioning. I play on ultra with a solid 60 fps on pretty much every map (Ormond did drop to 58 fps for a second, then back to 60). Maybe people just need to upgrade or update their systems. idk...

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,932

It would be nice, but I'm not sure they can do it. I haven't played on console since the last update that was supposed to help with performance, but I've heard it got even worse. Maybe they will eventually fix it, though.

• Razorbeam

Can you imagine how much they would have made in sales with Resident Evil, the game that was made on consoles and one of the oldest and beloved console IP's ? But all the console owners that BHVR took money from to play it on their current gen consoles need to "upgrade" ?

Huge yikes.

• Shaped

I feel ya man. I would play myself if it wasn't so frustrating to do so. We all understand why you feel like quitting.

• JimboMason
    JimboMason Member Posts: 759

We're still going, boys!!!!, lets get it to 75 pages

• Shaped

No patches planned for tommorow right?

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

Let’s pray.

At least ptb is on Wednesday, that’s my only hope

• legacycolt
    legacycolt Member Posts: 1,684

I actually still believe the devs can and will fix this. At least the freezing will be gone soon, that I’m certain with.

• Shaped

Lol. Can't disagree with that. But I want to see if it can get any worse at least. :D

• Razorbeam

The fact they made a point of tweeting about the issue and making a notice rather than their stonewall silence, their version of the client is a fair few ahead of ours but it takes weeks to arrange the roll outs with Sony/MS.

I'm fairly certain had they not been able to identify the issue and resolve it the issue would have received the same treatment this thread has regarding general/promised optimisation - denial/ignorance.

Whether that means the fix comes tomorrow though is another matter, I'm pretty sure if they fixed it tomorrow in their office it would take us minimum 3 weeks to receive the fix.

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,771

Since the consoles altogether are the largest playerbase, and the vast majority of those are still on the proir gen machines, you'd figure action would come quicker somehow

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,702

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1077798715

just fast forward to 1:25:30

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Just crashed as survivor during the end of the match on Switch. I hate when that happens, going through the entire match just to lose everything.

I was running to open the door while the killer was busy elsewhere, too. I'm sorry, teammates, it wasn't on purpose :(