I'm sick of toxic survivors. Let them all play with the toxic killers.

Options
MadLordJack
MadLordJack Member Posts: 8,814

Yes. I specifically mean Survivors. As in my own teammates as well as, if not significantly more than, my opponents.

It is getting to the point where I cannot play the game without getting sandbagged. Very, very deliberately sandbagged, not accidentally having a scared teammate drop a pallet on me. It's bad enough playing killer and dealing with all those totally-not-trying-to-bully squads that act like they're gods for predropping aย pallet, but I'm now getting ganged up on by teammates who deliberately get me killed just because they can. One team sacrificed me to the killer because they felt he deserved a kill. Another led the killer to me and proceeded to camp pallets and bodyblock me. A third kept farming me and blocking me into takingย a hit, to the point that the killer actually tried to move around me to hit the sandbagger before my final hook. All this in one evening.

I get that killers can grief, but for the most part I just see playersย hardcore, from-the-start tunneling and camping. That at least has the veneer of trying to play the game.

BHVR really needs to introduce some sort of bad behaviour report system. Something that forces toxic players to stay in their own little hellhole when the valid complaints pile up. The current reporting system is absolutely ridiculous and an auto-ban system will have to be too lenient or risk banning people for bad luck.

It's not often you see a rant from me, but this really is becoming a serious issue for me and I deliberately waited til I was absolutely calm before posting it. That is how much I've been getting toxic teammates. Hopefully it goes away when the event is over, but for now, I'm hoarding cakes instead of using them.

Comments

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Well that sucks. Red ranks?

I avoid swf groups when i play survivor for this reason.

• Paina
    Paina Member Posts: 231
    Options

I know what you mean, I'm more scared of my team mates then I'm of killers.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

I wish SWF and Campers would play with each other.

• MadLordJack
    Options

The survivors that do this are, and I'm not sure if this is shocking or not, red ranks. I usually hover around purple and get a rainbow cast of teammates and opponents and it really is the red ranks, specifically the rank 1's, that do this the most.

• MadLordJack
    Options

Yeah, that's true. I'd only want to put true gameplay griefers in the pit, but even that is subjective what with hardcore tunneling and camping being controversial to say the least

• FrndlyChnswSalzmn
    FrndlyChnswSalzmn Member Posts: 705
    Options

If you get your way, the 'toxic' people will be the competitive mode and the casuals will just meme aroound and never get to play the actual game. So I am down for this; it'd effectively create a serious mode and separate out the people who don't really want to play and would rather meme around with their buddies ruining my game experience.

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162
    edited July 2021
    Options

in red ranks SWF and some killers are toxic, we can't do anything against them !

I played two games today :

• One on the new map against a Spirit who camped the hooks on this map (not a survivor side map plz, don't say that.) : everyone had 6K bloodpoints, the killer had 17K (3 cakes)
    • Second one : two SWF escaped with the hatch while I was opening the gates + someone else was in chase

As I said : some people are toxic in this game and selfish. Not only survivors, not only killers.

• MadLordJack
    edited July 2021
    Options

Since when was competitive DbD even remotely close to griefing?

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    Options

If you ever see me in your game legit face camping someone, just know it's because said person was caught sandbagging in a previous chase, how dare they think I need their help.

• Brokenbones
    Brokenbones Member Posts: 5,158
    Options

I'm with you on this, not been having the greatest time with soloQ teammates as of late as well.

Feels bad.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    Options

Surely that gives you a vod to forward with a report though ?

That doesn't make it okay, but do you spend the time to forward it ?

• Laluzi
    Laluzi Member Posts: 5,687
    edited July 2021
    Options

I somewhat wish there was a system that ranked players on behavior and pushed nasty players towards each other. Some sort of thumbs down system to complement the thumbs up system, where players with an excess of one have a higher likelihood to be matched with players with similar ratings.

The problem with implementing such a system is that you'd have to be careful in who you allow to make feedback, because naturally some players are going to abuse this by giving thumbs down to everyone, or thumbing down the other side in every game they lose. Possibly, the worse your player rating is, or if most/all of the ratings you give to other players are negative, your ratings to other players have less weight and eventually stop counting entirely? But it still seems abusable; people would definitely thumbs down their teammates for being new and authentically bad or for making mistakes rather than 'deliberate' bad like doing nothing but urban evading all game, tbagging teammates on hook, and sandbagging, and you might enter a situation where new players get pushed into the bad side of ratings just by dint of not knowing how to play properly. There's also the issue that's emerged from similar systems; once you enter the cesspit where toxic players have been segregated from the rest of the playerbase, there's basically no way out of it, and the game becomes a horrible experience that'd lead all but the most dedicated players to quit. You'd need a very complex system to ameliorate this and I don't know what that would look like.

Or you could have a system where you have to make reports and provide evidence of douchey gameplay to be reviewed, and only verified incidents can put players into the naughty queue, but I don't think BHVR has the staff for that.

(As an aside, sacrificing a teammate to the killer because you think the killer deserves a kill has to be one of the most bizarrely douchey things I've ever heard from this game. If you think the killer deserves a kill, volunteer yourself... I'm guessing 3-man SWF? They're dreaded for a reason.)

• SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

Perhaps a system can be introduced which shows plays up in the lobby based on public feedback post game. Above players names could be.

๐Ÿค - Received positive feedback in last season

โš ๏ธ - Received some criticism in last season

โœ… - On an escaping streak

Could go even further and have icons such as โ›บ ๐Ÿ”ฆ ๐Ÿ’€

๐Ÿ˜…

• Hermit
    Hermit Member Posts: 381
    Options
    • record the match
    • report them ingame
    • open a support ticket on their page
    • upload the video

Ok, in this case there is a twitch vod but honestly, who would go through this process? You probably spend half an hour plus upload time just for the slim chance that someone actually takes a look at your report.

This system is basically telling the user to **** off and leave them alone with your reports.

You had to do this for simple insults or death threads in the after game chat because somehow, even after switching to dedicated servers, BHVR was not able to read chat logs.

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,216
    Options

I definitely agree with you on that one. It would be nice if toxic players got stuck with each other in their little hellhole.

• Crazewtboy
    Crazewtboy Member Posts: 1,259
    Options

The toxicity has been out in numbers lately. The event has brought out all of the a**holes in the community. As killer I've too many survivors just leave their teammates on the hook for no reason. It is starting to get very frustrating how my games end in 5 minutes because nobody will rescue their team. Also with the removal of the DC penalty the rage quitters have come back with their pettiness

• Lx_malice
    Lx_malice Member Posts: 1,417
    Options

Sooo how bout something like an endorsement system like in overwatch? There would only be options for positive endorsements as we already know a negative option would be abused to hell.

You can endorse your teammates for things like "Very altruistic" or "Very efficient" or "Good sportsmanship" and on the flip side killers and survivors can endorse each other for "Good sportsmanship" or "Fun to play against" and stuff along those lines.

Of course there would have to be certain restrictions like you can only endorse one teammate and one opponents per match, unless you're the killer in which case you can endorse 2 survivors, and you can't endorse people you are in a swf with. To give a little bit of incentive to use the endorsement system you receive 150 bp or 100 xp each time you endorse someone. (Values are all open to change obviously.) Leaving matches prematurely will reduce your endorsement level and make it so nobody from that match can endorse you(I mean why would they want to anyways?)

The matchmaker will take endorsement level into account and try to match you with played of similar endorsement level, but to avoid ######### up Q times it will expand it's search if it can't find anyone after X amount of time like it does with rank.

• katoptris
    katoptris Member Posts: 3,097
    Options

The survivors will most likely DC due to not being able to bully the killer as bad. The killer might DC if he loses his noed.

• Huge_Bush
    Huge_Bush Member Posts: 5,101
    Options

Toxic teammates are the reason I run Plunderers. If I find a key, I hide it in a corner and if they were toxic, whether towards me or did their best to annoy the killer, I dip.

It would be nice if they were all forced to only play with each other, but I doubt the devs would do it. At the very least, I wish they would introduce a new โ€œbase kitโ€ ability that allows one to push their teammate out of the way.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options

None of this stuff means anything. People will overwhelmingly put negative qualifiers when they lose, and positive ones very rarely or not at all.

• YOURFRIEND
    YOURFRIEND Member Posts: 3,389
    Options
  • SMitchell8
    SMitchell8 Member Posts: 3,301
    Options

I give thumbs up after good games, I only report those that work with killer or DC. My idea is a bit of fun anyway, little to no chance they implement that.

• Shaped
    Shaped Member Posts: 5,869
    Options

From my experience, toxic players are majority (killers and survivors).

So it is not possible.

• Piwatte
    Piwatte Member Posts: 162
    Options

Being selfish and think only about you and not the others = toxic gameplay.

Players in this game will have more fun far away in other games and will play less. Just wait to see the difference after the end of this "event"