Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Devour Hope Needs A Nerf

Nancy638292
Nancy638292 Member Posts: 4
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

This perk is extremely easy to use but extremely hard to counter. You just need to hook 3 people and then you can one-shot people and after 5 hooks you can INSTANTLY mori a survivor. Finding and destroying this perk takes so long and i dont think it is fair for the survivors.

I think to activate exposed status effect you should need 5 hooks

And to activate mori you should need 6 or 7 hooks.

This perk is not fair for the survivors and really boring to play against. Its unfair right now and it needs a change.

Just nerf this perk or make totem spawns better so survivors can find totems easier.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• IlliterateGenocide
    IlliterateGenocide Member Posts: 6,016

Ehh , I think on some maps the totem spawn are always impossible to find, while on other there to easy to find. I think the only thing needed to be changed is totem spawn and it would feel fair on both sides

• Kebek
    Kebek Member Posts: 3,676

Body is 1 character too short.

• TheAntiSanta
    TheAntiSanta Member Posts: 128

Survivors Actually Start Bringing Totem Finding Perks Challenge 2021, let's go. I mean, c'mon, we just got info from the devs that says two of the Top Three Most Used Killer Perks are Hexes. It's almost never going to be a waste of a slot to bring something that lets you find totems with ease.

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

To be fair, you should probably only run it with a map offering.

The games I do with DH Undying and some tracking perks usually come down to the wire and I’m relying on the totem to carry me.

The survivors can slam the gens so fast with no slowdowns; especially with you letting them be unhooked for free and not wanting to tunnel for fear of DS losing your stack momentum.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699

As a survivor main I think devour hope is a fine perk. I would definitely suggest running detectives hunch or small game if your having trouble finding totem.

I don't want to be rude but you have options your just not using them.

• GodDamn_Angela
    GodDamn_Angela Member Posts: 2,213

Do Bones.

Oops. I wasn't suppose to say that. 🤭

• tippy2k2
    tippy2k2 Member Posts: 5,177

I rarely use it, basically only using it when I'm feeling kind of bored and wanting to do something weird

It usually never works out. There are ways I could help mitigate that (like Hex Undying or using an Indoor Map offering since those Hexes are usually trickier to find) but I'm not all that concerned about it. Just a fun thing to try once in a while when I feel like throwing a Hail Mary to see what happens (or if I have a "Kill by your hand" Daily and add that to the build).

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Run detective hunch, don't listen to all the other people saying to use counterforce or small game. Those perk waste to much time. with detective hunch it shows you the exact locations. Or just learn where totems typically spawn at, and look in those areas. But the perk is fine.

• KingFrost
    KingFrost Member Posts: 3,014

I think they just need to increase the distance required from the hook. 24 Meters is nothing for a Spirit or a Nurse.

• Hex_Ignored
    Hex_Ignored Member Posts: 1,851

Make totem spawns better? They are already out in the open what more do you want? A glowing neon sign screaming "TOTEM IS HERE"?

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302

I think the best way to do a DH build is just go all in. Undying for 2 totems. Lethal pursuer to get the stacks rolling as fast as possible. Indoor map offering so there’s the best chance for good totem spawns.

I really like it on Bubba since he has a super strong early game. Broken saw + Coup is pretty good but could be changed out.

I just prefer the satisfaction of a Coup lunge into a Mori and it makes getting the last stacks you need way easier since you can do huge instadown lunges if needed.

Of course it can fall apart easily but you definitely come out of the gates swinging which is what you need for DH to work.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,866

I knew someone was going to complain about Devour Hope at some point.

• Chocolate_Cosmos
    Chocolate_Cosmos Member Posts: 5,735

No. It's powerfull Hex that can do nothing if found early.

• ShinobuSK
    ShinobuSK Member Posts: 5,279

Its the same guy making new accounts, few steves, now nancy? What a stranger things fan

• WishIcouldmain
    WishIcouldmain Member Posts: 4,082

There are enough perks to counter it. Additionally spawns that can leave it in the open. Maps and the risk of it not getting value before 3 tokens.

• KSzerker
    KSzerker Member Posts: 191

I do think 3 tokens for instadown is too low, particularly now that hex: undying is a thing. Should also probably be at least 32m from hook.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

There's a reason why Devour Hope is a hex, hex perks should be stronger than most other perks to compensate for the fact that they can be removed from the game. So no, it's not unfair. Small Game, Counterforce, Detective's Hunch, and maps can render hex perks useless.

• Viktor1853
    Viktor1853 Member Posts: 943

Cleansing a totem is easy

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675

At 10 tokens, the trial is over, one way or another. Survivors only have a combined 12 hook states.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Ah yes, more 'I never want to stop slamming gens, please nerf all perks that require doing bones' threads.

• meowzilla69
    meowzilla69 Member Posts: 408

How about? No. Reason is you have some totem perks to find them.

• Mringasa
    Mringasa Member Posts: 980

Be happy you have all the Perks and Icons that tell you it's in play. Back when the first notification it was up was someone getting OHKO and you had to determine if it was an insta-down Killer power OR DH because we didn't have this Exposed garbage cluttering up the screen.

It's already been passively nerfed by all the information spoonfed to people not to mention the lighting of active Totems. It's actually in a really comfortable spot right now. Totems were always supposed to be a secondary objective for Survivors, but no one wants to see it that way because it pulls time away from "Do Gens!" Cleanse the totems to prevent an enormous number of nasty effects that can snowball a game fast. DO TOTEMS!

And for that person who whined at me because I cleansed a lit Totem and "ThEre'S nO rUiN!!!!" Yeah. The fact the Killer was running DH doesn't even enter into your mind I'm sure. There are a dozen other effects you can permanently remove from a Killer just by cleansing. If it's Haunted Ground, I'm sure all these sick juking, 5 gen running Survivors on the Forums can easily outlast that whole 60 seconds.... maybe. As far as I'm concerned, I'll keep cleansing every single Totem I come across, and hope and pray my fellow Survivors do too. Cause I'm really tired of doing 4 Totems and still getting nailed with NOED because GeNzzzzzz!!!! omg!

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

Devour rHope is what i call the "perfect Hex".

it involves a huge risk for the Killer, but when it works it really hits like a truck.

more Hex Perks should be like Devour.

• spirit72
    spirit72 Member Posts: 227
    edited July 2021

That's also my experience, exactly. When I run it as a Killer, it's rare for me to get more than 1 or 2 one-shots, and a Mori is only occasional. But most of the time, it gets broken early.

As a Survivor, as soon as I see 'Exposed' pop up on my screen, and I know it's not Mikey popping into EW3, and I know it's not Ghost Face drawing a bead on me, etc, I will drop whatever I happen to be doing to hunt down totems---because usually, no one else did..

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,019

Use the abundance of totem perks we have

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,697

yeah let's a nerf a perk that can literally be deactivated 2 seconds into the game.

• xEmoGirlxAlexisx
    xEmoGirlxAlexisx Member Posts: 598

I hv try to use Devour Hope for like 5 Games whitout Undying and yeah every time it got destroyed before 3 Hooks.

If u want to see Devour Hope nerfed than Totem spawns need to be much better so it doesnt say " Hey Survivor Totem Perk here plz cleanse me " and even then it isnt OP

Totem Perks are trash whitout undying because of the bad Totem Spawns

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

Its like one of the most fair perks in the game

You counter it at any time by finding thé totem

With it killer cannot camp or they dont get stacks

If they tunnel 2 survivor down they wont reach thé 5th stack until thé 3rd survivor

You. Can. Still. Lose. The. Totem. In. The. First. Seconds. Of. The. Match.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

TBF; Survivors won't be happy until Curses are self-cleansing. They hate anything that makes them drop gens. 😁

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,371

DH can be denied stacks with self unhooks and unhooking while the killer is close to the hook.

Also you can cleanse the totem.

• DwarvenTavern
    DwarvenTavern Member Posts: 2,495

Hex: Devour Hope is the biggest double edge sword in DBD's existence. It's powerful, yeah. But, it's super counterable.

Now, I'm extremely close to red ranks, I'm going up against some people who purposely go into custom matches or do regular matches to learn where all the totem spots are at just so they can counter the killer instantly and force them to only run three or two perks a match. Some killers absolutely need a hex just to apply more pressure since doing gens is stupid easy.

Hexes are supposed to be strong, yes. That's the point. It gets survivors a secondary objective to do. But, that's kinda null when you deal with a swf squad who purposely studies totem spawns.

But, Devour in on itself still isn't OP.

One.) When you know they have it and the map wide exposed status is up, don't heal. That's a complete waste of time.

Two.) Adopt a more stealthy playstyle. This certainly makes it harder for the killer to gain more benefits from their hex when they absolutely can't find anyone.

Those are the two big ones.

• Freddo
    Freddo Member Posts: 139

Thought this was a Sluzzy post.

• BananaBlooD95
    BananaBlooD95 Member Posts: 555

True and since you gain token on unhooks then by 7 token you stop hooking survivor and kill them right away.

If you wanna change the perk to 32m range and add 1 token then the speed boost should be permanent.

1: +1-2-3% speed

2: +3-4-5%

3: +5-6-7%

4: Exposed Status Effect

5: +7-8-9%

6: Mori

Gain a token if you're 32m away from a unhook (unhooking yourself would now give a token too)

The effect persist until the hex is broken.

either that or

1: +1-2-3% speed & all actions

2: +3-4-5%

3: Exposed

4: 5-6-7%

5: Mori

A survivor who know the game should be able to identify the speed increase and thus know that Hex: Devour Hope is in the game so the bone hunting start sooner.

• Mringasa

The bone hunting should start at the beginning of the match, regardless of what Perks are being run by the Killer. If you don't want to cleanse Totems, then you get to suffer the effects of them. DO THE BONES.

imo, most of the newer Hexes aren't powerful enough. They are nice Perks, but they seem to fall powerwise in between regular Perks and Hexes. They need more teeth to them, because if it isn't Ruin, nobody is going to cleanse.

• BananaBlooD95

Survivor have the option to cleanse or not, when ever they want during the game.

But IMO hex should be change to something like what's in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngBKaDQq7kU

• Mringasa

Yes, but that's the problem. If you refuse to cleanse Totems, that's on the Survivors. No Hex Perk needs nerfed because a Survivor chooses to do something other than cleanse Totems. If you want the Hex gone, cleanse Totems. If you want the Hex to stay in the game because doing generators is more important to you, then you suffer the consequences.

I just don't understand how people can say "Survivors can choose to do what they want" then complain about how Hexes need changed. If you choose to leave the Hex in the game, that is your choice. Don't complain about it later and say it needs changed because you don't want to spend 20 seconds cleansing a Totem that's lit up, crackles quite loudly, and is visible from halfway across the map.

• BananaBlooD95
    edited July 2021

One of the problem of Hex is they are either not strong enough for the chance of losing 1 perk or their power reflect the fact that survivor can render the perk useless. Combined with heavy RNG that can either make you hex last only few second in the match or is almost impossible to find make things worst. Go try to look on totems on the Swamp map or some indoor map. The time spend on looking for them alone can make you lose so much time & you can easily miss them. That is just not fun for the survivor. On the contrary on some maps the totem spawn are so bad that survivor can find them easily and that's not fun for killer.

The totem spawn in the House of Pain is one of the many example of a really bad totem spawn. It's close to a gen and if you run next to it might as well take a look at it.

The video I link in my previous post would not only make bones a core mechanic but also solve gen speed at the same time and imo that's what the game should aim for. By making all bones hex totem the RNG on totem spawn doesn't matter as much, it add a secondary objective and make even the worst hex worth picking up.

• ObscurityDragon
    ObscurityDragon Member Posts: 710

And i fear that someday it will become true or that they wont have any reason to let à gen go tbh :(

Besiee then if we unequip our DH, it means we are back at tinkerer/ruin/undying righr? Lol