A Monstrous shrine discussion and Idea

Options
Bravo0413
Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Monstrous Shrine is one of those forgotten old perks and for good reason, it's terrible and boring. the devs are updating the game and I'm in hopes that this waste of a slot will be updated soon... with that said my idea for the perk is below....

• Monstrous Shrine - Whenever you hook a survivor, the hooked survivor will be unable to be saved for 20, 30, 40 seconds after the timer is complete the sacrifice rate is increased by 4, 8, 12% and if the survivor is hooked in the basement the sacrifice rate is increased by 8, 16, 24%
  • the Sacrifice timer is not active while the 20, 30, 40 seconds is active.

What are some of your ideas for monstrous shrine and what do you think of my idea?

free hook states was not in mind with this idea xD lol.. the main goal for this idea is for the killer to have the chance to either catch up, apply more pressure to the survivors with the additional time to the timeout.

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

40 seconds is way to long since the killer could go back and camp for the last 20 seconds for a free extra hook state.

As for my idea I’d make it so that the killer gets a 15% action speed boost so long as a survivor is hooked in the basement. Encourages basement hooks but not camping

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452
    Options

I would add a distance condition, maybe 24m like Devour.

• Bravo0413
    Options

that reminds me, I forgot to list the the sacrifice timer doesn't countdown while the additional timeout is active.... thank you. lol and your idea is good but I think that the additional timeout timer is needed because saves can happen so quickly it would make the perk still useless unless it stays active for a certain amount of time and resets like pop.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

Yeah that could work. Anything that encourages leaving the hook is very good

• Bravo0413
    Options

That could work. I failed to put my whole idea in my post but this is a good idea as well!

• lagosta
    lagosta Member Posts: 1,871
    Options

I don't like the idea of MS rewarding basement hooks as is, it puts both sides in a tough stop. If the survivors notice it, they will never loop close to the basement and carry them there becomes a hassle. On the other side, I don't think we should reward basement Bubba even more.

Just untie the hook requirement and turn it into something more interactive.

Monstrous Shrine

• A shrine will spawn in the basement with 4 skulls, each linked to a different survivor. While active, the shrine skull will permanently block one survivor perk.
    • Each survivor can kick their respective linked skull to deactivate the effect on Monstrous Shrine on them, and only them. Doing so will make them scream and afflict them with the Exposed status effect for 60 seconds.

That way survivors can choose between playing with 3 perks or risk going into the basement and becoming exposed for a while to reactivate their full build. Killers at least get everyone to play with 3 perks.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443
    Options

Why not make it so monstrous shrine effects all hooks? Obviously change the numbers a bit to make it balanced.

• Bravo0413
    Options

The design is outdated and that change would also be lazy. Also it doesn’t do much against the insta saves…

• cobalt22
    cobalt22 Member Posts: 133
    Options

I think the monstrous shrine perk is good as it is. Maybe adding an exposed status effect for the person who saves the hooked person in basement.