Implement chat on console?

rickdaryl1990
rickdaryl1990 Member Posts: 64
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions
sorry raga i'm a ps5 player and it works both pad and keyboard i don't understand what are waiting to put and implement chat on console and also mouese w keyboard?

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• McFALLENONE
    McFALLENONE Member Posts: 53
    edited August 2021

ab

Post edited by McFALLENONE on
  • Tigerwave
    Tigerwave Member Posts: 34

They should add the chat it’d be nice to say gg sure it’d add more salty survivor chats but cmon that’s just fun.

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Death threats, racism, and a whole host of absolutely horrible things one can say to another isn't fun.

Console players are spared the instantaneous post game vitrol of the pc community. Why you would want to give up the ability to just play the game in peace is beyond me. Like mining the salt was fun 3 years ago, but now people have a bad game and just lose their mind in the chat. People will dc and then wait for the game to finish just to say something horrible to you.

Console players may have worse gameplay experiences, but have the best post game experiences. If you've won you get to enjoy and savor that moment in peace. If you lost you get to come to terms with it without someone trying to be an internet tough guy.

• McFALLENONE
    edited August 2021

ab

• ReikoMori
    ReikoMori Member Posts: 3,333

Sure you can ignore it, but it shouldn't be there to begin with. If you're okay with people being like that you might have a problem. Then again the last person I knew who had the same line of thinking you're on turned out to be the exact type of person who got off on being a piece of crap anyway.

• McFALLENONE
    edited August 2021

ab

• Vyne456
    Vyne456 Member Posts: 848

That’s the reason why we should not have chats to begin with.

• Thanotos_Omega
    Thanotos_Omega Member Posts: 100

It is very unlikely to ever happen, they don't want to pay for chat moderators and the console companies have way stricter rules for chat they would have to work to enforce,

Instead a more comprehensive and easy to use post game props set up could be implemented, with different props like "Nice chase" or "Thanks for the taking that hit!" and other things to help communicate like "Sorry for camping doing a challenge/had a daily on a killer i hate" this would improve communications to help people realize why others did something and allow them to encourage certain activities,

• Kirkylad
    Kirkylad Member Posts: 1,927

I'm glad there's no chat on console and I can have a little rant to myself at the end of a bad match. I don't want the temptation of going off on a random stranger over a video game because I'm a lil salty lol, it's just not worth it, best to just move on.