A Change To Self Care

Power_Guy
Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Just because I kind of like the idea, and I have heard many Survivor friends hate the perk, or meme on it.

1. For every <x> time spent healing others, it gains a charge. (Something like, every 10 seconds). Alternatively: for every Great skillcheck hit healing others; it gains a charge.
  2. It starts with 1/2/3 charges. It can hold 4/8/10 charges in total.
  3. When healing yourself, and you hit a Great Skillcheck; the progress of that skillcheck is doubled, and a charge is used.

Comments

• GamerEzra
    GamerEzra Member Posts: 941

There are so many perks that need a rework.

That's why I don't think self-care should be a priority.

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

True. Lots of literally useless perks need some love before they start working on the ones that are actually working as intended (and honestly, self care is the most used perk in the game according to BHVR, buffing it would only make people use it and self care in the corner even more)

• DaddyFatSacks420
    DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183
    edited July 2021

How about if you have Self-Care, and you’re outside of a 48m radius from the killer when healing, your aura is shown to the killer either 1- the entire time your healing, or 2- for a few seconds after completing a certain percentage of progress healing (maybe 50%,75%, or 100%)

• Marcavecunc
    Marcavecunc Member Posts: 2,057

No. You already made that suggestion on your own thread and got told it was a bad idea. That + nurses calling would mean you can't heal anywhere on the map without the killer knowing. (if it wasn't your thread, then someone made that same exact suggestion in a different thread over the weekend)

• JawsIsTheNextKiller
    JawsIsTheNextKiller Member Posts: 3,360

I think Self-care is fine. How some people use it may be questionable, but from a killers perspective, it's nice to have a bit of breathing room. From a survivors perspective, it really can help when you are the last survivor left making lots of injured noises and don't want to be a one hit down when you run for the door.

And it is not reasonable to bring a med-kit to every single match.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

Oh, I think it's fine...ish, as well. I hear Survivors hating on it, so I figured I'd try to create a version of the perk that both contributes to the team, and reduces the time spent hiding in a corner while someone is on a hook.