A small change to Breakdown

DaddyFatSacks420
DaddyFatSacks420 Member Posts: 183
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

The Breakdown perk description with proposed change:

Each time you are unhooked or unhook yourself, the Hook breaks and the Killer's Aura is revealed to you for 3 seconds.

• A Hook broken by Breakdown takes 180/200/220 seconds to respawn

I always use breakdown as survivor and although being able to see the killers aura is usually very beneficial (you can see where/ how far away killer is, and what direction they’re heading in/ if they are heading back towards you) but there’s not much added benefit of seeing the killers aura for a couple extra seconds (don’t get me wrong I like that the perk is useful at any tier). It would be nice if the upgraded tiers increased the length that the hook remains broken instead of how long you see the killer aura for. You could even shave off a second from seeing their aura like I did to balance this small change.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

So you want to buff the hook breaking from 3 minutes maximum to 3 minutes minimum? No. Matches barely last 5-7 minutes. I don't want a hook broken for the entire match, or Survivors would make dead zones where I have to slug them, then whine that I slugged them.

And you don't get to tell people to not reply just because you don't want to hear opposing viewpoints; this is a public forum.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Honestly, all it needs is to affect survivors you unhook as well

• DaddyFatSacks420

I meant people who don’t know what they’re talk about need not apply... I’m so sick of having to explain. If you have a suggestion or other idea sure I’m open and you’re free to have an opinion. But if all you’re going to do is dump on an idea without offering any other viable alternatives or anything constructive at all, then you can do like I said previously.

Me: I’ve used this perk for over a thousand hours probably by now and I’ve noticed a small change that would be nice.

you: No

Of course you don’t know what you’re talking about. Maybe I prefaced my post the way I did specifically for people like you. Maybe take half a second to look at the perk if you know nothing about it before posting your “opposing viewpoints”. The time the hook breaks is static at 3 min with breakdown it’s the time that you see the killers aura that increases as it increases in tiers. I’m always using breakdown and it be nice if it was switched where the time you see killer aura is static while the time it takes for the hook to respawn increases with increased tiers.

• glitchboi
    glitchboi Member Posts: 6,015

Well damn dude, no need to get angry at people who disagree with you.

I disagree with you because 220 seconds is longer than you think. That can take about a quarter of the match.

• Power_Guy
    edited July 2021

Me disagreeing does not mean I don't know anything about the perk.

Breakdown is fine. You don't need hooks to stay broken longer. The important part is knowing where the Killer is.

Again; as I said in my input you ignored to talk down to me, making the hook break for a MINIMUM 3 minutes is disgusting. It leads to Killers slugging when Survivors cause a Dead Zone. Then Survivors blast Killers for slugging.

Get off your high horse. You're not better or smarter than people just because you have 'OMG So many hours!' 🙄 and...You know what? No; I don't need to explain why someone disagreeing does not automatically 'not know what they are talking about'.

Your idea is bad. I gave my feedback as to why I think so. Check your attitude.

• Rizzo
    Rizzo Member, Administrator, Mod Posts: 17,689

Please keep the discussion civil and respectful, people are allowed to have different opinions, you can have a discussion in a constructive manner.

• DaddyFatSacks420
    edited July 2021

I see I actually misunderstood you. It’s just 3 minutes. In fact it’s just as much a 3 minute minimum as it is a maximum as it stands right now. So why don’t you get off your high horse “Minimum 3 minutes is disgusting”, it already is a minimum of 3 minutes!!!

and 220 seconds was just a thought... and that would be only 40 seconds more max than it sits now. Most people probably don’t know have much experience with how Breakdown can change the dynamic of a match, 3 minutes is decent but it’s not as long as you might think if you’re not used to seeing the perk actually being used

• Power_Guy

Let me put it another way; Anything more than 3 minutes is unneeded and would lead to slugging, which Survivors already complain about. And a static 3 minutes is fine, whereas anything over 3 minutes is overkill. Hence '3 minutes being minimum is disgusting', as I said. You're taking my comment out of context to attack it.

3 minutes is fine, when it's not the minimum of 3 tiers. Saying '3 minutes is the minimum because it's also the maximum' is taking my comment wildly out of context to create a strawman to attack.

On top of that, it's the information that's more important. Knowing where the Killer is is more important than having a hook broken for longer.

That is why I disagree.

• DaddyFatSacks420
    edited July 2021

That’s fine if you feel that seeing the killers aura is more important. you could have started with that(literally not mentioned at all in your first post)... And I actually mostly agree that knowing where the killer is, is important. I just feel like all I need is a quick flash of their aura (see their location and direction they’re traveling) that’s why I feel like the added couple seconds extra of seeing their aura is unnecessary. I’m not really sure how any extra time the hook is broken would lead to slugging/how is it any different than where it sits now? And I’m not taking anything out of context it just gets confusing when you try to put qualifiers on something unary, I misunderstood your first post because of this.

I use Breakdown to help in frustrating situations where you’re downed immediately after getting off hook. My reasoning is if you’re unhooked and then immediately downed, seeing the killers aura was pretty useless at that moment as all it did was light the killer up pink as they downed you again. It’s the hook being broken that gives you a chance against being tunneled, that mostly why I use Breakdown. If you get off hook when the killer isn’t nearby than seeing their aura is useful for avoiding them.

• Power_Guy

Fair enough. But you also need to think about this perk in a pack of 4: What if all 4 Survivors run it?

Survivor 1: Gets hooked.

Survivor 2: Gets hooked near that broken hook.

Survivor 3: Runs to that 2 hook zone, gets hooked nearby.

Survivor 4: Same thing.

And that's just 1 hook each. And now we have a 4 hook dead zone. Using your perk change, those hooks could be gone for upwards of 3:20.

More likely 2:00, if you factor in chases.

That's a large dead zone, for at least 2 minutes, where the Killer cannot actually bring any Survivors to a hook. Survivors will bodyblock, or run Sabo with a Purple Toolbox to break whichever far away hook he goes for.

So now he slugs, because he knows that picking someone up means they wriggle free.

And before you say 'Well, that takes a dedicated group to do!"; Yes, you are right, but with any perk, you have to balance for the strongest the perk can be. The most damage it can do. You don't shrug off things like 'outliers' or 'not going to happen much'. Because it WILL happen. And those it happens too will be miserable.

Survivors will scream about being slugged, and Killers will scream about being forced to slug because hooks are broken.

And, not to poke a dead horse, but what about the people running the perk for the information? Just because you feel 3 seconds is enough does not mean others do.

The idea is interesting, but I don't think it needs this change. The hook time is just right, and the information is more important, IMO.

• DaddyFatSacks420

I use Breakdown to help in frustrating situations where you’re downed immediately after getting off hook. My reasoning is if you’re unhooked and then immediately downed, seeing the killers aura was pretty useless at that moment as all it did was light the killer up pink as they downed you again. It’s the hook being broken that gives you a chance against being tunneled, that mostly why I use Breakdown. If you get off hook when the killer isn’t nearby then being able to see their aura is very useful for avoiding them. I realize other people can use it for other reasons, I don’t know why two things can’t be true simultaneously...

I’m a solo survivor and it’s extremely rare to see any other survivors using Breakdown, I wish more people would use it because that would definitely make it more useful due to the hook breaking aspect. You described my dream as a survivor: all four survivors using breakdown lol. And I understand that there could be instances like what you described and an extra 40 seconds for each broken hook would lead to even more killer frustration. It would probably be extremely rare for all four survivors to have the perk and purposely make the match a nightmare for the killer. But that same situation could occur as the perk sits now just not as painfully.

p.s. I have played plenty of miserable matches as a survivor where I either get tunneled (So I use Breakdown) or have useless teammates being selfish using Self-Care (Nothing I can do). So whatever it’s just much more likely to have a team of four survivors hiding and using Self-Care than it is to have even just two survivors on a team using Breakdown.

• DaddyFatSacks420

Hope I can suggest this now that sable's perk wicked gives you much more time seeing the killer aura after being unhooked. Even at the lowest tier wicked gives you more time seeing killer aura than breakdown at the highest tier. Once again my entire point is the difference between tier 1 breakdown and tier 3 is pretty minimal and would be nice if the amount of time the hook stays broken would be what increases even if only slightly. Wicked now makes it so there's no reason to ever upgrade breakdown.