Stridor shouldn't have been nerfed just Spirit

Options
AzazelDA
AzazelDA Member Posts: 14
edited July 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

What killer runs stridor? Spirit. Only Spirit, but at least it had a place in the game as a iron will counter now its only justification for bringing it was removed, why? Now its the same as Monstrous shrine, Beast of prey and Territorial imperative, a perk that only is there to waste your Bloodpoints as there is no reason to ever bring this perk. Just think about why would you waste your valuable perkslot for stridor, especially when every game at least one player runs it?

But what is way worse that it doesn't affect good Spirit players at all, I wouldn't call myself a good Spirit but even for me Stridor isn't valuable. It only nerfed bad Spirit players who needed the perk which just begs the question, Why? Why not adress the really good oppressive Spirit mains instead of making her harder to play for beginners?

Comments

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531
    Options

But how do you nerf spirit without changing stridor. It needed a rework anyway

• AzazelDA
    Options

Make her not hear damaged survivor sounds, easy as that.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

That would just make her unbearable to play and survivors still won’t have information on what she’s doing. This change won’t work.

• Northener1907
    Northener1907 Member Posts: 3,012
    Options

Stridor did not nerfed because of Spirit. It also effected other survivor perks too. Possibly they did not find any way for fix this problem and they changed it with this way.

• AzazelDA
    Options

Yes her whole design is toxic but it would be a band aid fix to just nerf her ability until they actually rework her but they obviously won't rework her because multiple devs main her.

• AzazelDA
    Options

How would this make her unbearable to play? This is how she is now when chasing someone with iron, will doesn't make that much of a difference. Bringing back her footstep sounds would also be a nice nerf for her would adress the issue that survivors don't have any information.

• GannTM
    GannTM Member Posts: 10,853
    Options

It really isn’t that hard to counter Spirit with Iron Will. All you have to do is make a bunch of distance and walk an unpredictable way when she phases. Please think or actually play Spirit for yourself if you want to know what could be best for her.

Also, people like me enjoy tracking by audio and if you take that away, that’s one fun component about Spirit gone. That’s what I mean by making her less bearable to play.

• DuneT
    DuneT Member Posts: 88
    Options

Isn't Spirit already somewhat nerfed at current state? Indirectly. I lost count of the number of trials where immediately after they find out they're up against Spirit, half the survivors DC. Which makes it even more EzMode for the Spirit player, unless the other 2 survivors decide to DC as well. And no, doesn't happen as frequently with any other killer.

But this whole "It's Spirit, I'm out!" mentality is a clear nerf to potential (BP) rewards for her. I haven't even unlocked her, much less play her, but also from a survivor's perspective it's easy enough to recognize.

On a side note, I wouldn't really blame the remaining survivors left holding the (dung) bag for DCing as well. A 1v2 against Spirit is about as unfun as it gets in this game.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 8,623
    Options

Stridor was an already bad perk because when people didn't have Iron Will, they became too loud. Now the 1 perk it countered, it doesn't even counter anymore. Total, total shame.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

Spirit was not the target of the change to how volume-adjusting effects stack. We knew it would have a large effect on Spirit/Stridor users, but the intention was to make their interactions more sensible. Most notably the issue where a Survivor would hear their own sounds louder if the Killer had Stridor.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

That is all good but I do think Stridor needs something more since it's one of these perks not really worth running. Perhaps hearing gens being worked on from further away could make it more popular.

• Krimbar
    Krimbar Member Posts: 200
    Options

Survivors hearing their sounds a little louder was a problem? Is that really your priority? Another killer perk has become utterly pointless now.

• Almo
    Almo Member, Dev Posts: 1,120
    Options

Over the long haul, we have to make our systems sensible. It becomes impossible to keep track of how everything works if there are weird inconsistencies everywhere. So we mix in some work that addresses systemic consistency with that of specific balance issues.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options
  • Krimbar
    Options

But is Stridor going to get a rework now, or is it going to end up as one of the pointless perks to run (which it has pretty much already been before.)

• AhoyWolf
    AhoyWolf Member Posts: 4,053
    Options

I mean, wouldn't it be a better idea to just rework Stridor, this perk now literally has no use.

Just a quick idea, it could make Survivors cough every x/x/x amount of seconds.

• Krimbar
    Options

I'm not saying that spirit players need stridor, I am saying that stridor was already questionable in use and now has become pretty much pointless to run on any killer.

• Alen_Starkly
    Alen_Starkly Member Posts: 1,087
    Options

I agree about Stridor being pointless now. Until now, it had at a least a little bit of use, by counering Iron Will. Now it really sucks. It's worse than before. And the Spirit is still OP as before.

I don't see how survivors hearing their sounds louder has anything to do with Stridor being multiplicative instead of additive. These are 2 very different things. You could have just made survivors not hear their sounds louder, all while keeping Stridor additive.

Stridor and its potential usage really need some big consideration now, in my opinion.