Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Dead by Rework: The Trickster

The current Trickster that we got in the 5.1.0 Mid-Chapter patch for Dead by Daylight is the single worst rework I've seen in my time of playing it, and possibly witnessed happen in the whole of the game. On top of the incredible and powerful buffs to his kit, he ended up getting nerfs so devastating that the overall change was a net nerf for the Killer. He now does better in the 1v1, but significantly worse in the 1v4.

I wholly disagree with the direction that was taken for Trickster's rework. So, to the community, I want to present to you what I believe should have been the direction he should have gone.

So, introducing the latest part of my series, "Dead by Rework", I'm going to give what I think should've been done for The Trickster.

These changes ignore the 5.1.0 Trickster and are completely based on the pre-patch Trickster.

Attributes

Movement Speed

• The Trickster's movement speed is increased to 115%

Power: Showstopper

Showstopper

• The time to enter the throwing state is reduced to 0.25 seconds (from 0.35)
  • The time to charge the throwing state is also reduced to 0.25 seconds (from 0.35)
  • Initial movement speed while throwing blades is increased to 110% (4.4m/s), with no changes to his eventual movement speed.
  • The spread of Trickster's blades during Showstopper is reduced by 25%
    • If the wiki itself didn't make it so cryptic, I would know what value to put here.
  • Showstopper blades now natively ricochet once when hitting the environment.

Laceration Meter

• The amount of Laceration taken when hitting a Survivor with a basic attack is reduced to 2 (from 4).

Main Event

• Main Event cost is increased to 40 charges (from 20)
  • Main Event can now be held until activated (from 10 seconds)
  • Main Event movement speed is increased to 110% (4.4m/s), (up from 3.68m/s)
  • Main Event activation time is reduced to 0.5 seconds (from 1.5 seconds)
  • Main Event now fully reloads Trickster's Blades upon use.

Add-Ons for Showstopper

All add-on changes are based on his 5.0.0 and prior counterpart.

Memento Blades

• Grants the use of a reticle when aiming Blades.

Inferno Wire

• Slightly increases initial throw rate of Blades.

Lucky Blade

• Increases the amount of ricochets when a Blade is thrown by 1.

Ji-Woon's Autograph

• Moderately increases initial throw rate of Blades.
  • Slightly increases eventual throw rate of Blades.

Waiting For You Watch

• Moderately increases Main Event duration for each Blade hit.

Ripper Brace

• Moderately reduces reload time at Lockers.

Fizz-Spin Soda

• Considerably increases initial throw rate of Blades.
  • Moderately increases eventual throw rate of Blades.

Trick Blades

• Increases the amount of ricochets when a Blade is thrown by 1.
  • Increases the amount of Laceration damage dealt by ricochets by 50%.

Diamond Cufflinks

• Reduces the amount of Laceration required to injure a Survivor by 2.
  • Moderately reduces the amount of time it takes for Laceration to start to decay.
  • Moderately reduces the amount of time it takes for Laceration to fully decay.

Iridescent Photocard

• When a Survivor's Laceration meter is two or less Blade hits away from the maximum, the Survivor suffers from the Exposed status effect.
  • When an Injured survivor is hit by a Blade, they will receive the Broken status effect until the Laceration meter fully decays.
  • Caps minimum and maximum Laceration at 8.

Iridescent Photocard does not stack with add-ons that alter the amount of Lacerations required to damage Survivors.

Death Throes Compilation

• Removes the ability for Blades to ricochet off the environment.
  • Blades that are thrown on the environment now linger on the environment for 120 seconds.
  • When a Survivor walks into a 2 meter proximity of these blades, they will explode and deal 50% Laceration damage to the Survivor.
  • The amount of blades that can be at play at one time are 100.

Imagine this Trickster being the Trickster we actually got for the game.

This Trickster would be able to succeed in his biggest shortcomings, those being the 1v1 and the 1v4, while also not feeling completely overwhelming to the point he needs to be nerfed. He would feel fair, balanced and overall less of a joke character than he was in the 5.0.0 patch and is in the 5.1.0 patch.

The add-on changes are also made so that Trickster has a more unique palette of options when it comes to playstyle. The changes make the add-ons feel impactful and give him something to work with.

This is what I think Trickster should've gotten. After playing him in the 5.1.0 patch, he feels terrible and needs another rework based on his 5.0.0 patch. The new Trickster is among one of the many, many shortcomings that seem to permeate with this game, and I do undoubtedly believe now that he needs to go back to the shop for a fine tuning.

Comments

• Zacharry100
    Zacharry100 Member Posts: 133

His 1 v 4 still garbage....no matter how good you are in a single chase gens can fly by really fast. He is now A tier a very good killer to use.

Also wanna complain about a killer addons talk about Nemesis half of that crap is worthless.

• Vulgun
    Vulgun Member Posts: 439

You've seen nothing. I have had multiple ideas to rework the add-ons.

Of course, they won't do it, but it's nice to think about what we could have if someone was more creative and the code wasn't low tier.

• Tricksters_Wife
    Tricksters_Wife Member Posts: 545

I love everything about this. I don't even think I have any suggestions for changes — since his release in PTB all these changes, especially the 115% movement speed, was everything I wanted or thought he needed. It fixes him where he needs to be fixed without completely reworking how he's played.