Seriously???!

Options
Ruma
Ruma Member Posts: 2,069

Please, tell me this isnt intended..

Stuff like that happened multiple times to me btw.

WHY in the world do my hatchet hits get canceled??? On windows as well as on pallets since the new hit validation!

Dont get me wrong, i am happy about a new hit validation but you basically just changed it from extremely killer sided to extremly survivor sided. It should be in the middle to be balanced, and i got a ping of 20 most of the time.

And the excuse ,,Survivors had to deal with this for years" is just stupid and doesnt make any sense. If you had to deal with it, you should know how annoying it is and just because you had to deal with it, it doesnt mean others have to suffer from it too.

However, PLEASE explain me why HATCHETS should get denied!

Especially on windows!

Can any mods confirm if this is intended or just a bug???

@MandyTalk

Comments

• Ruma
    Options

Especially since i had the best ping out of everyone. I remember the Dwight had a ping of 148.

Didnt saw him the whole match tho.

• Luciferr_2nd
    Luciferr_2nd Member Posts: 911
    Options

What is even the cause of this?

That looked like a very clear hit to me

• TicTac
    TicTac Member Posts: 2,395
    Options

I think the survivor was around the corner on their screen. So the game decided in the survivors favour, maybe bc of better ping idk.

But it could just be a bug.

• Junylar
    Junylar Member Posts: 2,003
    Options

You probably had a high ping. The survivor could be 3 meters behind the window, but you are seeing an older picture because of the latency. Stop using WiFi and the problem should be gone.

• Volcz
    Volcz Member Posts: 1,126
    Options

Good luck with waiting it out. Survivors went through this hell for years. Welcome to the club!

• Customapple0
    Customapple0 Member Posts: 629
    Options

It’s a case of what you see vs what the server sees. You might see the Dwight at the window as you throw the hatchet but the server may see that Dwight has already vaulted and is behind cover when you throw the hatchet. Therefore the server disagreed with you.

I’m surprised this form of hit validation is in the game, I thought it was only pallet stuns 🤔

Also, your ping doesn’t matter, it fluctuates throughout the game & it’s a possibility that you had a ping spike around that moment which caused the server to disagree with your hit.

A similar system is present in competitive games like Rainbow Six: Siege, where periods of high ping often leads to your hits being rejected by the server.

• Nathan13
    Nathan13 Member Posts: 6,639
    Options

Omg that’s so annoying. No one can deny that was an obvious hit.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

lol, survivors were suffing that for years. Not saying this is okay tho, but its good that also killer realise now that there is a problem. Sad that it had to come to the other extreme.

• Rez_Marsiel
    Rez_Marsiel Member Posts: 279
    Options

This is worse though because it conveys to the killer that the hit connected.

• Customapple0
    Options
  • RoboMojo
    RoboMojo Member Posts: 1,326
    Options

Tbf, it didn't even actually hit the Survivor on your screen. It hit the space next to her. Although I guess that's just Huntress being Huntress. It is definitely weird that it would show the hit effect and then cancel it though.

• dspaceman20
    dspaceman20 Member Posts: 4,699
    Options

No but I can blame them for not helping in advocating for better hit validation for both sides. You said ii yourself that killers new of the problem, so that means they abused pallets in there favorite knowing full well they wouldn't work for survivors.

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127
    Options

That actually hurt to watch.

I don't know if I wanna play Huntress rn.

I noticed I have been missing point blank Deathslinger shots lately, but I've been blaming my aim for that #########. But with the new hit validation, and seeing THAT, I think it might be something else.

• Ruma
    Options

i agree on this but on the other side, if they holded back there they also would lose maaaaany down they would have gotten even without the bug.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105
    Options

Well, discussions about that topic were always floored with killer who downplayed that issue quite a bit.

• Customapple0
    Options

Look up hit registration on other online games buddy, this is what it is and it’s fair. Laggy killers shouldn’t be getting hits.

• jasonjbird
    jasonjbird Member Posts: 20
    Options

Don't play Huntress

• Ruma
    Options

A ping of 20 is laggy? My PS5 is connected to my Wifi per cable and i got extremely good and expensive internet.

I am not laggy.

• Customapple0
    Options

You likely had a lag spike when it occurred, when this happens the server agrees with whoever can send info to the server the fastest, which happened to be the survivor.

• DelsKibara
    Options

Yeah no. This is what's known as "Rollback".

And it's only known for use in fighting games.

For good reason.

A person shouldn't be denied immediate feedback to what they see on their screen. They shouldn't be a ######### clairvoyant to what happens on the other person's screen.

• DelsKibara
    Options

So you're saying that because of something COMPLETELY OUT OF THE PLAYER'S CONTROL, they should be punished for just playing the game normally?

• Customapple0
    Options

Well that’s how most, if not all online games work. If you don’t like it then tough.

• DelsKibara
    Options

Actually no, most online video games don't give you instant feedback that you hit something, and then said "Actually nah, you didn't."

• gnehehe
    gnehehe Member Posts: 510
    Options

The server decided that the hit was not validated: desync? lag from one player? bug in the new hit validation system? other reason?

Maybe, the gameplay from the survivor point of view was very different than yours (e.g.; already went around after the window vault)

With only your point of view, the most reasonable thing to say is: nobody can explain why your hit was refused (too many hypotheses)

However, this is still clumsy from killer POV and should be fixed (no blood spatter and no scream)

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91
    edited July 2021
    Options

Huntress hatchets too eh? Now is the time for my basement Bubba, No Way Out/Blood Warden Wraith or Doctor (with Starstruck) or just continue playing survivor which I have mostly done this year. I guess I won't have to even be mindful of the hatchets when trying to decide whether I should I should pre a pallet to gain distance in a tight spot against a sweaty huntress or try to fake it if I will get a free pass lol. I played a few killer games and had this happen once or twice in each game, so I shall go survivor from now on once I get bored with endgame play. (Prove Thyself is stacking right now, btw, you need to expect to play around endgame but only if you're seeing it often in your own killer games as I've seen very few using it myself while playing solo survivor unfourtanutely). This is the way.

P.S. to be fair, Huntress has along history of buggy hitboxes that often land in her favor such as being clearly a second or two around a corner and halfway down the wall after the turn and suddenly the hatchet hitting as if it flew threw the wall. So in her case I am less sympathetic, but in general even for her this should not be happening. I'm pretty certain the boosts to survivor queue times that things like the DS and OoO balance gave are about to be undone and then some within a few weeks once enough killers have had time to play enough to get sick of this new bug considering how rough it is already on some of them if they have bad matchmaking or face a lot of decent/good swf. Get in as much Q time as you can as survivors while you can basically since those Q times are gonna start pushing ten minutes or more within a few weeks of the events BP bonus being done with.

• SadLegion
    SadLegion Member Posts: 222
    Options
  • GrimoireWeiss
    GrimoireWeiss Member Posts: 1,452
    Options

I THINK that was a Dead Hard. But anyway this shouldn't happen.

• HaunterofShadows
    HaunterofShadows Member Posts: 3,999
    Options

Many times have I seen a huntress hit shots she missed. This is my first time seeing a huntress miss a shot she hit

• BuddhaBing
    BuddhaBing Member Posts: 248
    Options

Most, if not all online games use shooter's advantage because otherwise it's a guessing game of where your opponent actually is.

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374
    Options

So someone explained this in another thread, but basically the survivor was lagging a bit. They vaulted the window and the server took extra time to receive that input because of said lag, making it look like you hit them on your end. This doesn't have anything to do with stun validation by the way, this is a window, not a pallet. This has been happening to my boyfriend before the update, and to Plague since god knows when.

• Irisora
    Irisora Member Posts: 1,442
    edited August 2021
    Options

Its not fair when you face people that lives next to the server with 10 or 20 ping and you play with 60 because of the distance and can't do anything about it.

This kind of ######### is seen in shooter like rainbow six and it makes the game one of the worst and most frustrating shooters cause it favor privileged people around the servers and gives a big ######### you to people that play with anything more than that.

• Akito
    Akito Member Posts: 673
    Options

You didnt deserve it? Your ping was higher than the ping of your opponent. The opponent dodged the hitbox of the hatchet. The server opobviously needed a second to decide who's right. The survivor was and you dont deserve the hit.

Looks wacky, but nothing got rejected. You never landed the hatchet.

Personal opinion: You are throwing rocks as huntress. If the server denied the hit, the survivor was already behind the wall. If the server says nope, he was out of the mountain-hitbox of the hatchet. Accept it.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568
    edited August 2021
    Options

Same thing happened to me but I was playing Demo, I used the shred attack on a healthy survivor, clearly saw the blood splatter and heard the noise but the survivor didn't even get injured...

Post edited by ZonkyWizard on
  • Ruma
    Options

You claim stuff you know nothing about. He didnt had a better ping, i had.

• PlayEvilDead
    PlayEvilDead Member Posts: 91
    Options

Cloud Gaming is teh future, time to get used to it or get back into reading to pass teh time.

• Ruma
    Options

Atleast with cloud gaming it doesnt matter how close you are to the server.

You just need good wifi itself, which many have already i guess.