Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Distortion Buff Suggestion

CriticalWeasel
CriticalWeasel Member Posts: 378
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I think distortion really need 2 important buffs that would really help solo players.

1: Nearby teammates within 8 meters also gains the effects.

2: The user's aura glows white too all teammates until the duration is over.

Reasoning: Distortion is mainly to protect you but with limited resources, often you are hoping it will pop off but it's not always guaranteed plus it also depends on situation.

When your healing someone the killer can see the injured survivor in a "receiving healing" animation which pretty much ruins the distortion effect. Same goes to being healed by teammates. Bite the Bullet practically avoids this as it mutes all participating survivors.

The white aura effect allows teammates to know your avoiding attention you which then increases the pressure to other teammates since killers are more inclined to hunt the revealed survivors. Solo players knowing this will be a nice touch and a heads up.

Plus with the white aura the solo queue survivors can play "Guess the Killer Aura" game when distortion turns on.

Conclusion: Rarely I ever seen a distortion user, even when they do have it. It's benefits are short lived and doesn't impact hard enough for it's limited tokens.

Comments

• limierr
    limierr Member Posts: 174

No. Distortion is suposed to be a solo perk to work like a lone wolf.

However there is a buff that the perk could deserve , it is a way to get back some token with a downside.

An idea could be to request to a survivor to for exemple hide for 8s in order to get one token.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,205
    edited August 2021

It doesn't even need more tokens.

The idea is you get three free chances to avoid detection, and with those three chances you learn what perks the killer is using. You can use Distortion to detect; BBQ & Chilli, Nurses Calling, Bitter Murmur, Scratched Mirror/All Seeing Blood, etc. And then with this info, you can avoid future aura detection by countering them; getting in a locker or close to the killer when someone is hooked, not healing close to the killer, being furthest from the killer when a gen is completed, etc.

It's an info perk as much as a stealth perk, and the info you get from it is pretty strong as it is.

The only 'buffs' I would give to it, and the first isn't so much of a buff as a 'fix', are:

• Only consumes one token against a Tier III Lethal Pursuer.
    • Extends to the other survivor when healing/being healed against Nurses Calling. (which I guess kinda goes with TC's first suggestion, and it could work like Prove Thyself and apply within 4 meters, 8 is too much)
  • limierr

The idea is to get more token with a downside. The main point is to offer a good stealth tool which will penalize gen rush in compensation. A bit like inner strength works were you waste 14s to cleanse a totem and around 8s to get heal (without taking account the search time ).

• Seraphor
    edited August 2021

Downside or not, I don't think there's a real call for it to have more tokens, it's not just 3 chances to stealth, it's an incredibly useful info perk that persist for the duration of the game. Even when you're out of tokens and your aura can be revealed, you will know exactly when your aura is revealed and can work around it.

But for the sake of argument, I could maybe get on board with gaining an additional token for every 30 seconds you remain within 10 meters of the killer without being detected. The downside here is making a risky play that could get you caught, so it seems a fair cost.

• limierr

The idea is interesting but quite hard to put in place. I mean imagine to have a fast killer, How do you want to remain for 30s at 10m of him ?

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,951

Distortion just got a buff, it works against Lethal Pursuer. because holy molly do people use that.

• Seraphor

It wouldn't be a problem at all. We already have Rift challenges for "remain undetected within 10 meters of the killer for 60 seconds".

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
  • Seraphor

You could easily do it in two matches, so at least one of those you're reaching 30s.

I could maybe see it being 20s, or 18s, but much less than that would be too easy.