The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What would be your final straw to stop playing this game?

Comments

• Jackikins
    Jackikins Member Posts: 66

I think I'm too far in. The sunken cost fallacy is a dangerous mistress...

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600

Probably vault hit validation. I want to play against people, not against my ping.

• Sadsnacks
    Sadsnacks Member Posts: 677

Ive had plenty of final straws with this game. I took a long break from the game after unlocking all teachables on my console and afterwards sold the console.

I got it for pc because some friends of mine got into it and i wanted to play with them since theres very little to do socially since the pandemic.

Ive almost unlocked all teachables on pc and after that ill probably quit playing as much for a while.

Either once the pandemic is finally over or some new games finally release ill probably forego dbd indefinitely. Its not really that fun of a game but like i said theres literally been nothing else to do for the last year.

If you look on steam or most other platforms the same games from like 2014-2016 are still featured. They all have the same model where studios make one game and milk the crap out of it for years with dlc and cosmetics etc and new games get hyped up and released with game breaking bugs. ######### happened? Its like the gaming industry peaked when fallout 4 and skyrim was released and nothing as good has come about since then.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,078

I might stop playing the game if they said definitively that they would never do cross progression between PS4 and PC.

• Nemmy_Wemmy
    Nemmy_Wemmy Member Posts: 800
    edited August 2021

Wow dude I feel that on a spiritual level, really started playing less and less during the absolutely unplayable (for console) binding of kin chapter, decided to not play till I got a PS5 bc it was that bad. Anyways fast forward to just before the trickster chapter, I played alot of dbd during it, but I felt so...idk empty? I ended up slowly playing alot less.

Like I felt like soooo much time was wasted for the amount of time I out in, hiding survivors that waste sooooo much time after you kill two of them....or survivors who do NO gens while you are playing survivor...I started running whispers on every killer because it started annoying me that much.

Then don't get me started on the grind, it doesn't matter that I have about half the killers p3 all perks, Its still an outrageous grind, takes ages and it makes me feel like I have to always run WGLF/BBQ, because I simply can't give up those bp gains. So as of now I have only two perk slots, whispers to deal with the near hostage taking (idk what other word to use for it but let's not get hung up on semantics) and BBQ to make sure I'm not missing out on BP.

The bugs have been driving me up the wall more then usual like my patience has widdled away. Like the sound bugs, and the countless bugs that are on some killers.

Like don't get me wrong I'm insanely passionate about this game, but I'm like you, I feel like it's sadly not worth my time right now. And it may be silly to some people to hear, but it makes me genuinely sad, because sometimes I think to myself that I wanna play, and all I end up doing is talking myself out of it and being a little down about it.

Edit: What about you Yamaoka? What games you been playing, and what you been doing? (I'm high ground my names been changed in the forums)

• Practical
    Practical Member Posts: 21

@SMitchell8 , I completely agree, and I feel you've hit the nail on the head.

When I first heard of Dead By Daylight, I thought that I'd live out my slasher-movie fantasies in videogame form. Imagine my surprise, once I'd finished my first match, and discovered that Dead By Daylight is essentially a generator baby-sitter simulator.

This "horror-game" definitely needs less 'game' and more 'horror.' Seriously, chasing Survivors in a 'ring around the rosie' gets real lame, real fast.

• Snowbawlzzz
    Snowbawlzzz Member Posts: 1,419

Trickster had me close, but at least he's reminiscent of Ichi the Killer

FNAF would just be way overboard, it would signal to me that BHVR no longer has any passion for the horror genre if they'll let that crappy slideshow game have a seat next to Leatherface

• Jason_Soreknees
    Jason_Soreknees Member Posts: 51
    edited August 2021

The matchmaking is what made me stop playing regularly. As a killer I went from 4king rank 20 potatoes to getting flashlight eye raped by red rank Johnny420NoSc0p3z and his merry band of teabaggers without ever getting to play people from a similar level to myself. So it really felt like I went from easy mode to getting punched in the balls in the space of a couple of games.

Which I guess kinda brings me to the secondary reason I stopped...the RNG grind fest of levelling up. Pay to unlock someone you don't enjoy playing as and get them to level 40 and unlock that perk you want, and then watch in awe as you level up your main 40 times, never to come across the teachable perk you have just grinded for. Playing a group of swf red ranks without lightborn felt completely hopeless.

• venusxbunny
    venusxbunny Member Posts: 34

Comms should be by proximity, like if you are close to another survivor. It's not realistic at all and unfair for someone across the map on top of a building/hill telling everyone where the killer is/what they're doing.

• venusxbunny

I had to buy this game on PC because it became completely unplayable on my xbox one a year ago, just dashboards immediately upon loading and if I somehow get to play, the graphics bug out and lag so bad I can't do anything but stand there and wait for the match to end or DC

• TheGhostofZgor
    TheGhostofZgor Member Posts: 334

Yup. I’m still bothered by companies making merch of that movie.

• venusxbunny
    edited August 2021

If this game gets anymore comical than it already is. All the new silly and cute cosmetics, and trickster as a whole (because a cyberpunk joker is not scary at all whatsoever) are ruining the game. They need to redo the default killer music to actually be chilling and less action movie-esque. This game has not been scary for a while. It's made it to where it's a "let's laugh at the killer and bully them" fest for survivors because they do not fear the killers, and "I can see the survivors across the map and tunnel them cause of their silly colorful outfits with huge hats and pieces" for the killer. I wouldn't even classify this as a horror game, it's just an action game at this point. It really doesn't need to get more memey and comical. They really need to bring back the mist, that's what made the maps eery and creepy and now that it's gone it's less fun and too easy to see people a mile away

Post edited by venusxbunny on
  • Gruul
    Gruul Member Posts: 130

Enough boring killers released in a row and I'd stop playing probably. I decided to go by baseball rules and 4 balls and I walk.

They at 2 right now with trickster and nemesis being dull af so let's hope the upcoming paragraph saves the day. Although with it likely being licesened it seems unlikely but I can think of a few interesting ones.

• DaWeezerd
    DaWeezerd Member Posts: 256

What would be the final straw for me? If they added a FNAF chapter.

• nf452
    nf452 Member Posts: 18

I started playing DBD with a friend in late 2018 (mostly survivor).We played quite a bit back then,but we took some long breaks from the game since then.In the end of last year we started playing the game again,almost everyday, for about 2-3 hours and we have been having fun.

The last 2 months though the game has become so stale and boring that i actually consider taking a break from it again and if the situation remains the same,maybe it will be time to move on.I personally dont care if the killer runs meta perks,or noed ,moris or whatever else.The problem is that lately the vast majority of the killers i play against just rely on the same strategy:Tunneling and camping (be it facecamping or proxy camping) and in many of these cases there is little you can do.The latter has to do with your teammates too,which in most cases they only care about dive bombing for the unhook,without thinking at all.Slugging is another boring thing,but i rarely encounter it anymore.

I've been playing in red ranks a couple of months after starting the game.I want to believe that most of the DBD playerbase considers the ranks to mean #########,since they do not determine your skill.You just play the game and after a while you go to the red ranks and you may still be a ######### player.Lately i have been playing against killers with over 3000 hours that still can not comprehend this game.They may use perks like ruin or pop and bbq,perks that require that you have map presence,but they still rely on camping.Then another survivor unhooks you and then they down you immediately,since you cant do that much.Yes i know the solution to these situations is just gen-rush and yes it works.But is this fun?No it's boring.In other situations 2 survivors go for the rescue.One to lure the killer and start chasing and one other for the save.Well in most games that i played the last 2 months the killer breaks chase and goes back to the hook -_-.The mindblowing thing is that they rely on these strategies,even with 4 gens left.Strange thing in the majority of my games is that the killer doesnt even care to patrol gens with pop and ruin,except if we ######### up and we created a 3-gen.

All this would be fine if it happened in every 3-4/10 games,but nope it has to be the majority of the games.And im not saying that i am the only one that is getting camped or tunneled,but the general situation in most of my games.Did we """""win""""" ?Yes, in most of these cases at least 2 survivors escape.Did i have fun?No ######### way.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Why tho? Maps are much more balanced than they were before. Escape rates on all sides have been pushed towards a 2k.

There is only 1 thing to blame for technical issues, and that is the core of the game being as old and rickity as it is right now. Any small change made to pig should not affect wraith at all, they should be totally seperate entities to the game, yet the odd way the base game was made, things like this still happen consistently.

The Realm Beyond is one of the best things that has happened in DBD in a long time. "oh, but no new maps for 1 entire year". So? There are already a bazillion maps, it was better for the devs to address existing maps to balance them out, than it was to keep creating new maps with old maps being hated. "bUt I dOnT lIkE bReAkAbLe WaLlS, jUsT oPeN tHeM oR kEeP tHeM cLoSeD". Except, that pretty much all breakable walls actually made loops that were too much survivor sided far more killer sided, and it's up to the killer to make that mistake to open it up. And for loops that were a bit strong to killers(especially killers with access to instadowns).

You have to keep in mind that maps need to be balanced towards all killers in the roster, not just the killers you like to play. Which is why I am personally requesting the devs to add in a map seed based on killer, as that wouldnt make killers like Huntress near unplayable on maps like Lery's, while also making killers like Doctor not nigh undefeatable on Dead Dawg Saloon. Add in less windows when Huntress plays on Lery's and add more pallets when Doctor is on Dead Dawg and the game in general improves quite a lot.

• odra
    odra Member Posts: 369

I think the cheat right now getting really worse, I've had fair enough of cheaters lately, I will stop playing for now, don't know if it's gonna be permanent or not, even as killer or survivors both got fair amount of cheaters

• eleventbh
    eleventbh Member Posts: 374

Honestly I've barely played the games but the people who constantly complain about them are starting to feel more childish than the proclaimed audience for the games.

• ThatOneDemoPlayer
    ThatOneDemoPlayer Member Posts: 5,623

Any Demo nerfs

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

I think somehow making haddonfield worse when updating it would definitely tempt me. It's not completely unlikely, almo has said before that according to the statistics haddonfield is a killer sided map.

• KweenPlease
    KweenPlease Member Posts: 305

So you're saying I'm " childish " for stating I don't want to play a game for introducing characters and a chapter I don't like?

and for not wanting to deal with more toxic children in an already toxic fandom?

I'm " childish " for stating " This is too camp for the franchise for me and takes the game into a place I don't like. " ?

I don't think that is how that works, but go off girly. Power to the people, feel your feelings chica. I'm proud of you for expressing your opinion even though it's wrong.

• Midori_21
    Midori_21 Member Posts: 723

Losing all my progress. No way would I ever grind it out again.

• SHYHERIST
    SHYHERIST Member Posts: 165

I go away if BHVR nerfed Oni.

• BabuDweet
    BabuDweet Member Posts: 556

I am not kidding when I say that the Twins release made me so so so close to leaving this game for good. That had to be from my personal experience (been playing since late 2018) the absolute worse release for this game. Not just even the killer but ISSUES with the game was absolutely abysmal, I couldn't believe the fact that they went through with the release even though they knew how broken the twins were and the amount of bugs was astonishing, even for dbd.

Now, the twins are probably my most hated killer in the game, as killer I will not touch them and as survivor I will constantly just want to dc because of the playstyle they promote, it is beyond toxic to this game that suffers enough with the disagreeing on morality when it comes to how one plays.

I do take regular breaks from the game though because honestly, I would even up leaving for good if I didn't because I do not have the sanity level to deal with playing this game as much as I used to. I played from the event til the bloodhunt regularly and now I'm taking my break lol

Last thing, the performance issues have been horrendous in general since the Binding of Kin Chapter release imo, but after the RE chapter for console I just struggled to try and play this and the only thing that kept me playing was and is my overall love for it as flawed as it is.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647

the devs continuing to pump out new killers perks etc... rather then optimizing the game and updating old perks that are near useless.

• ZonkyWizard
    ZonkyWizard Member Posts: 568

If saved data got deleted

• Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321

Honestly it feels good to see that some people understand and even share my current take on the game.

At this point I can't even tell if I'll ever really get back into DBD actively. I used to be (overly) passionate about the game but I feel like the devs don't really care about some of the major issues on both sides (+performance) which drives me away.

As for what I'm playing at the moment I primarily play Destiny 2 but after around 1k hours I'm starting to get bored of the game already even though Destiny's PVP can be exciting, too.

Overall I miss the times of good offline games that provided you with amazing experiences (without any frustrations) for ages. Sometimes I jump on Watch Dogs 1 just for the nostalgia. Not really an ol' timer amongst games but old enough to feel nostalgia I guess. Ironically it seems to be fairly popular. I tried the online mode the other day and matchmaking was literally 1-2 minutes.

Sometimes DBD matchmaking takes longer than that lol.

• Eye66
    Eye66 Member Posts: 822

I actually really hate the idea of a Five Nights at Freddy's dlc and would probably quit right there if it happened. I despise it so much I'd sooner see The Creeper (Jeepers Creepers) in the game, and that's incredibly unethical given it's director/creator's crimes

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

What's wrong with BHVR acknowledging a community meme?

• Triplehoo
    Triplehoo Member Posts: 627

As an Overwatch veteran... A lot!

• Rivyn
    Rivyn Member Posts: 3,022

I've mostly stopped, aside from a match or two every other day. The devs are what killed my drive. They don't care about their product, so why should I?

• Lenox
    Lenox Member Posts: 234

I just looked up Evil Dead: The Game, and it looks pretty awesome. February 2022 release. I'm not familiar with the franchise though, aside from the actor (from Burn Notice) and from the DBD character.

I've heard good things about Dying Light 2. Never played #1 tho.

• nutmilk420
    nutmilk420 Member Posts: 153

Ya it seemes to be the dev teams first big game but there backed by a huge publisher that worked on alot of big releases such as the Mastercheif collection and Witcher for the switch so I sense alot of passion an have high hopes.

I highly recommend be the zombie in DL for a nice change of pace from dbd, but I'd only recommend buying the game if your interested in playing the story as it is the games main focus and be the zombies just a niche side objective, but its an amazing up too 4-person co-op an would definitely be enjoyed by alot of the DbD community especially those wanting a break but aren't quite done w the horror scene.

• tortrader
    tortrader Member Posts: 539

I think it would reshape the interactions between players for the worse. At times it can be bad enough as it is. Last thing I want are people bullying me for not playing their way. We need that amount of separation. DBD with comms is a radically different game.

• Marigoria
    Marigoria Member Posts: 6,090

Solo Q nerfs.

• AnneBonny
    AnneBonny Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 2,252

Something in-game would have to be absurdly stupid and obvious to even BHVR that it'll drive away players, as annoyed as I get at this game I still stick with it because the gameplay loop is addicting. If it came to light that BHVR was directly mistreating their employees or if a dev said/did something awful, then that'd probably be it.

• TheGhostofZgor
    edited August 2021

Well if they never fix this damn lag then yeah I’ll stop. I still get, mostly as killer, lag so bad that either the survivors basically get free points or it crashes and I’m punished because BHVRs incapable of, or doesn’t want to either fix the lag or remove the dc

EDIT: I realize that not everyone is having these problems and for some it’s working great. I’m happy for you but this has been a persistent issue for me since the last expansion.

• xEa
    xEa Member Posts: 4,105

Another killer with a skillshot / range ability. Very tired of them.

• TheGhostofZgor

Also, not that this would really make me stop playing but I’m kinda tired of all the goofy/silly outfits. All the over the top “funny” memey cosmetics really just does not work for me.

• WhyDoiGetFacecamped
    WhyDoiGetFacecamped Member Posts: 45

Considering you can just talk to your teammates and have even more coordination than before is the thing, it's no different from a swf which is a tough subject right now. Adding comms would seem to make things easier as survivor but harder as killer I guess.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

I can see that, however if people don't like coms they can keep them off ya? It really just gives us social people the option to talk ^^

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250

Truth, but swf is here to stay. So why not give everyone the option to have in game chat (with the option to toggle it off of course) and then fix the game around that if does show some glaring issues on the killer side?

• WhyDoiGetFacecamped
    WhyDoiGetFacecamped Member Posts: 45

That sounds alright but killers would lose their [BAD WORD] and complain even more. I think BHVR might be afraid to make that move and anger a large part of that player base.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

If they added Scary Movie Survivors. 😋

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

probaply MMR being fully implemented, turning all my games into the sweatfests ive been consistently having for the last two MMR test runs.

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

If they nerfed Lightborn. That is the only thing keeping me sane. If I see even one flash light, I use it, and I never regret it. When playing killers I do not own Lightborn on, I only feel pain and regret not dodging the lobby.

• Babawizwiz
    Babawizwiz Member Posts: 347

Yes u if you're bored of one cosmetic you can always change it, but just because the devs reworked one of your favorite cosmetics doesn't mean it's over.

• Babawizwiz

I do think a fnaf chapter is too much, i don't see how they can add an animatronic bear to the game and not make it goofy. Would glady take another RE/SH chapter over FNAF

• Babawizwiz

I believe the devs had said that haddonfiled will only get a visual update. So they won't fix all the BS that's there