Perks who reward you for being bad should not exist.

Mineguy
Mineguy Member Posts: 318
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

These perks are so bad for a competitive gam and it's so sad that there are so popular....

Dead hard: You get rewarded for being bad at looping and mind gaming. You ######### up but still win because you press E

Noed: You get rewarded for giving no pressure to the survivors and lose all the gens. Being able to kill multiple people with a one shot down and speed boost.

Both perks need a rework.

Post edited by Gay Myers (Luzi) on

Comments

• JoByDaylight
    JoByDaylight Member Posts: 707

Or, maybe you play in a way that makes these perks actually do their job?

Maybe you fool the killer to think you make a mistake and swing, and you time your dead hard right to get away?

Maybe you play in a certain way to catch the survivors off guard when the last gen pops to down multiple survivor at a time to make the most out of NOED?

Of course I get what you mean and partially agree as well.. Just food for thought :)

• TerrorUnleashed
    TerrorUnleashed Member Posts: 497

NOED doesn't necessarily reward bad play because it's typically used as a backup perk for when things get rough. Half the time NOED doesn't even trigger. I've said it before and I'll say it again... I run NOED on Freddy as a joke, because it's never even once been fired. Just there to piss people like you off.

• Patrick1088
    Patrick1088 Member Posts: 628

Yup. Most survivors get jumpy and once they see the red stain they do it prematurely.

There are some great DH or strategic DH (DH to pallet or window), but most of the time they DH into dead zones or bad loops.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,236
    edited August 2021

Neither of those JUST reward you for being bad though.

They're also punishing the opponent for playing bad too.

NOED: Didn't cleanse totems

It's a punishment for rushing the game, for gen rushing. Totems are an optional objective, which survivors can choose not to complete, at their own peril.

DH: Didn't bait the DH

It's just like DS or BT, you're catching the killer out for not anticipating you had that perk. That's what makes them so strong, they work even in their absence.

And yet I've never really had much issue in dealing with a DH, it usually buys them a few more seconds before I down them at the next loop or corner anyway. Half the time they DH into a wall or something. It's only really irritating, when they're running for the open exit, and it gives them the distance they need.

Post edited by Seraphor on
  • Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448
    edited August 2021

I mean you only talk about the ones you wanted to talk about, but i can give you : Fire Up or Coup de Grâce on the killer side or Lucky Break on the survivor side for examples :D

[EDIT] here are more : Desperate Measures, Flip-Flop, Iron Will, Kindred, Power Struggle, Resurgence, Self-Care, Tenacity, This is not Happening, Unbreakable, Bitter Murmur, Bloodwarden, Cruels Limits, (Discordance), (Dragon's Grip), Enduring, Lethal Pursuer, Spies from the Shadows, Terriorial Imperative, Tinkerer, Unrelenting, Whispers.

Ok not all of them are for being bad but all of them gives you an advantage without you needing to do anything.

• Anniehere
    Anniehere Member Posts: 1,264

After thinking about a perk that would allow to gain some distance from the killer, the developers probably thought about Dead Hard.

I see a lot of killers waiting a few seconds before the last hit. Survivors press E and eventually down after a second.

I agree about noed the most but many think that noed is fine the way it is.

• MeltingPenguins
    MeltingPenguins Member Posts: 3,742

What others said.

Heck, I've seen plenty of streamers (high rank ones) that can call a DH.

And I had plenty of killers get mad at me (the person running Small Game) because their noed didn't work.

• Patrick1088

I guess we need to ban perks then because they give us advantages Lol

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

Bait it out is only a second comment? You guys are getting slow

• Seraphor

It's incredibly easy to bait out a DH.

You get right up behind them, to the point where a tap (not a lunge) would hit them. They use DH. It then takes you 2 seconds to catch back up to lunge distance. That's what it buys them in the open, 2 seconds. It's only getting them more if they can successfully chain it with a vault, which I rarely see.

• Adeloo
    Adeloo Member Posts: 1,448

well you are making fun of me making fun of OP, and i'm here making fun of you making fun of me making fun of OP.

This is a vicious circle :D

• landromat

So how you bait out dead hard for a distance? You know, when you can't get behind them? Answer is you can't. Im so tired of just bait it out comments when people have no idea how good survivors use their dead hards

• Seraphor
    edited August 2021

You don't, and that's a fair complaint, but it's a small fraction of DH uses.

I play more killer than survivor, and I don't have much of an issue with DH, apart from what I said earlier, using it for distance when heading to an open exit. It's like DS when downed in an exit, it's a free escape either way.

But that doesn't change the fact that 90% of the time DH isn't a huge issue if you're not a potato killer.

• Power_Guy
    Power_Guy Member Posts: 1,562

NoED does not 'reward you for being bad'. It rewards you for planning an end game build.

A Killer is not 'bad' and did not 'lose' just because 5 gens popped. This arbitrary limit Survivors put on a match need to stop. They don't decide when a Killer has lost or they have won. They only win when they can no longer be killed, end of debate.

• landromat
  • Patrick1088

I'm not making fun of you, in just adding to your comment lol

• D34D_B34TB0X
    D34D_B34TB0X Member Posts: 410

Personally, NOED is very easy to counter if you cleanse all five Totems. Most people want to focus on Gens. Preferably, I'd bring "Detective's Hunch."

And also,

Dead Hard, it can be countered by getting closer to the survivor, making them think your gonna swing and just Dead Hard in panic. And then you can hit them.

• Clevite
    Clevite Member Posts: 4,335

No perk reward you for playing badly. They are just perks. You pick what you want for whatever reasons you want.

And perks just are. Sometimes they proc, sometimes they don't. What worked one game may not even factor in the next.

Just play your game and let others play theirs