Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

MMR.....

ill_Boston_lli
ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Why move forward with something NOBODY wants??? I don't understand... To be honest the matchmaking hasnt been bad at all recently. I feel i have been evenly matched with players of the same skill level or a little better or a little worse not a big margin. What ever you did then keep doing it.

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Apescape22
    Apescape22 Member Posts: 15
    edited August 2021

mmr is clowns bro they need to get it out of the game fast

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167

My Survivor matches have bey much better with mmr, less Survivors doing nothing when auras are visible. A majority of the killers I have faced have trouble keeping place with the team's Efficiency though.

• ryanb122197
    ryanb122197 Member Posts: 77

I played my second blight game ever, sent me to Lerys, it was bloody awful, MMR is literally not made for this game at all.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378
    edited August 2021

where did you get the information that nobody wants it?

I am looking forward to fully stepping over to the MMR system.

The only problem is the claimed rewards for ranks, because I think they showed earlier that rewards would be based literally per rank.

so rank 2 would give you significantly less then rank 1, and that would just be very frustrating to the point where I think some will just stop playing once they reached rank 1 for fear of losing it (it now having actually consequences).

So I think they should do it per rank colour category, x points for brown, x points for green, purple and red.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

I want mmr too. Unless they did a serious rework of the rank system, harder to pip/easier to lose pips, I think this game needs it for fairer matchmaking. Unless you do nothing all match or ######### on first hook it's too hard to depip no matter at what point you die. Unless you get tunneled out immediately, that works lol.

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146

Sacrifice* why is what rhymes with lie a bad word when it's part of the game?

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

What does that even have to do with MMR? It doesn’t take the map into account…

• Breadn
    Breadn Member Posts: 203

I actually think MMR is doing a good job at giving balanced matches for the most part, but that doesn't make it fun. This is a casual, unbalanced mess of a game at heart and having to sweat every game isn't going to be fun. Either sweat or get no kills.

• BioX
    BioX Member Posts: 1,378

this was quite a while back, (The MMR has been in the works for a while now)

Not sure where this came from, if it was officially posted on the forum or something that was datamined (and if it was the later pls ignore it because we....are not allowed to talk about leaks....even though rank rewards have been promised officially)

but yeah there you see its suddenly on a per rank base in the high ranks and imo that should not be.

• baseballfan4877
    baseballfan4877 Member Posts: 364

MMR is bad because it shows how unfun high rank gameplay is. Survivors do gens way too quickly and as a result you will get only the highest tier killers or killers that just tunnel/camp. MMR could be good if the devs actually cared about changing the game and making it more fun for both sides at the highest levels.

• ill_Boston_lli
    ill_Boston_lli Member Posts: 899

yea but it is only a 25k diff imo and this would be good if they didnt cap it out at a mill

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

On the bright side with this they might finally increase gen times or buff killers who are struggling.

• ryanb122197
    ryanb122197 Member Posts: 77

It’s not about the map. Yes I know Lerys ain’t the best map for him. The survivors were very optimal, all had Dead hard, DS, unbreakable. Knew how to loop very well. If you’re telling me that MMR is working as it should, then don’t even bother replying to this.

• truegod_10
    truegod_10 Member Posts: 393

They should reward you based on the highest rank you reach, i.e. if you hit 1 you get rewarded for 1 even if you drop lower for whatever reason.

• Razorbeam
    Razorbeam Member Posts: 594
    edited August 2021

I know it sucks to get mis mapped on killer but you can m1 killer blight and use his power sparingly and still do fine, it's not as fun but you can still win.

• RenRen
    RenRen Member Posts: 1,443

I guess I'm a nobody now.

• Ghoste
    Ghoste Member Posts: 2,135

There was a popular poll done here just recently. The majority voted yes to MMR. Just saying.

• Mooks
    Mooks Member Posts: 14,709

Then why did you mention the map and nothing of the other stuff?

if it was your second game as Blight ever your MMR didn’t start at zero. If you start a new killer and already have experience with other killers the MMR of the new killer start at a much higher rank. With the exception of Nurse pretty much every killer can be played without using their power after all and it would be unfair if experienced killer players could play against complete new survivor players every time they play a new killer.