Sehkmet Member Posts: 127
edited July 2018 in Feedback and Suggestions

delete

Post edited by Sehkmet on

Comments

• deathdoer1
    deathdoer1 Member Posts: 87
    Options

Why not, when a killer is within 8-12 meters. The entity is displeased and slows the progression of the stages? That way all a killer has to do is not be a **** and be good instead of having to sit and stare at a survivor...

• Sehkmet
    edited June 2018
    Options

@StickyCheese said:
    Besides, there are more severe implications than just that. Not to mention to what extend SWFs could abuse being indefinetly on the hook
    You're basically giving the survivors the option to take the game hostage.

IF a survivor and his team decide to leave him hanging, its 1 vs 3.. its advantage for the killer
    (if he m.mori one plus 1 hanging its 1vs2, i find that pretty balanced)

EACH second a survivor is idle in the hook the whole team is losing 1 second of generator repairing

• Sehkmet
    edited July 2018
    Options

delete

Post edited by Sehkmet on
  • TreblucFayle
    TreblucFayle Member Posts: 75
    Options

They tried something like this in a couple of past PTBs. It was abused by survivors and they took it out.

Camping is not something that can be "fixed". At least not by game mechanics.

• xxaggieboyxx
    xxaggieboyxx Member Posts: 498
    edited June 2018
    Options

im okay when killers camp, yeah it sucks especially if you are the one being camped but survivors have too much to get away from the killer, sometimes its smart to camp and get a guy out of the way asap just stop complaining about camping. also anyone that complains about campers obviously has never played killer at rank 1-8 otherwise they would understand

• Dragonredking
    Dragonredking Member Posts: 874
    edited June 2018
    Options

Already tried surprise surprise it was #########.
    Once you are caught you aren't untilted to getting saved.

• StickyCheese
    StickyCheese Member Posts: 26
    Options

@Sehkmet said:

@StickyCheese said:
    So then all the Survivors will never attempt to escape, hang onto the hook forever, and basically deny the killer a sacrifice

If all the survivors are hooked the entity is summoned and they die at the same time, end of the game

(suppose 3 guys are trolling , waiting till the 4th gets hooked... are they going to test their luck unhooking while the killer is hooking the last one? I think its 4% chance, its ok to me if they want to play a last-second Russian roulette)

Yeah and when does that ever happen?
    4 guys, one gets hooked, killer chases one of the other 3, 1 guy is free to save the hookee and the other is doing objectives.

What your idea is doing is removing something the survivors have to worry about (the death timer) and removing one of the 2 only ways killers have (disregarding mori items) to quickly remove 1 member out of the game.
    How is that exactly balanced? You just shifted the scales even more to the survivors side.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

Borrowed Time and Kindred already counter the camp. Not that I especially like to camp but you know, killers don't have a much of strategies available. Slug is punished by Emblems and doesn't work against SwF. Take the bait? Here, enjoy the Adrenaline / DS and 0 kill. Sometimes, camping is the best strategy available and killers have the right to exploit it.

You wanna punish it? Do all the gens and escape. It's easy since hook timer has been increased (to counter the camp) and gen repair time is still super low.

• Soren
    Soren Member Posts: 369
    Options

By the way... How do you define the camp? I mean it's hard to tell sometimes. Killer might have seen scratchmarks, or hear footsteps / clic clic clic of a flashlight on the way to the hook. You might be in a way for a generator so they are passing by.

Please explain clearly how would you define (in the game code) when a killer is "camping".

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Sehkmet said:
    In order to punish camping much more than this version of the game, i think the stages shouldnt progress..

--- At stage 1: you should be able to hang as long as you want (until you try to escape from the hook for the third time, fourth with slippery meat, THEN you progress to stage 2)

--- At stage 2: as long as you can/want press "space" (or it can be reworked into the skill check system*)

*without doctor/hex totem/etc debuffs.. [no great skill checks, if you do GOOD you stay hooked&alive.. if you fail it, you die, 10% chance to spawn a skill check per second or one skill check every XX seconds)

Go play killer, you biased survivor, make it to the ranks ~5 and you will be back here, ashamed that you did a shitpost like this.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    Options

@RSB said:

@Sehkmet said:
    In order to punish camping much more than this version of the game, i think the stages shouldnt progress..

--- At stage 1: you should be able to hang as long as you want (until you try to escape from the hook for the third time, fourth with slippery meat, THEN you progress to stage 2)

--- At stage 2: as long as you can/want press "space" (or it can be reworked into the skill check system*)

*without doctor/hex totem/etc debuffs.. [no great skill checks, if you do GOOD you stay hooked&alive.. if you fail it, you die, 10% chance to spawn a skill check per second or one skill check every XX seconds)

Go play killer, you biased survivor, make it to the ranks ~5 and you will be back here, ashamed that you did a shitpost like this.

While I don't agree with the op I've got to ask, now who's biased? If you took out all the SWF groups you'd have a lot less reason to complain. As for camping it's been addressed and sadly the devs need to make it a popup when you load the game that camping and looping are legit strategies.

• RSB
    Options

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@Sehkmet said:

While I don't agree with the op I've got to ask, now who's biased? If you took out all the SWF groups you'd have a lot less reason to complain. As for camping it's been addressed and sadly the devs need to make it a popup when you load the game that camping and looping are legit strategies.

"if you took all the SWF groups"

Really? This is exactly the same thing saying "If you took all the killers from game, you'd have less reasons to complain". They ARE in this game, so what is your point?

• powerbats
    Options

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@Sehkmet said:

Really? This is exactly the same thing saying "If you took all the killers from game, you'd have less reasons to complain". They ARE in this game, so what is your point?

Rofl that was pretty weak to try that, since most of the killers complaints at high ranks center around SWF groups. So it's not exactly the same thing since the same, the same would be if you took all survivors out of the game then killers wouldn't have anything to complain about. Well other than the fact there'd be no one to play with.

• powerbats
    Options

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@Sehkmet said:

Rofl that was pretty weak to try that, since most of the killers complaints at high ranks center around SWF groups. So it's not exactly the same thing since the same, the same would be if you took all survivors out of the game then killers wouldn't have anything to complain about. Well other than the fact there'd be no one to play with.

Lastly you could take out SWF groups and yet you'd still have survivors for killers to face so it's most definitely not exactly the same. They'd be solo queue only but still be survivors to play with.

• RSB
    Options

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@Sehkmet said:

Lastly you could take out SWF groups and yet you'd still have survivors for killers to face so it's most definitely not exactly the same. They'd be solo queue only but still be survivors to play with.

This is still irrational argument, because SWF IS in game. So why I should not complain about it? "Imagine there is no SWF - NOW SEE HOW THE GAME IS EASY FOR KILLER HAHA". The thing is SWF IS in game, and it is going nowhere.

• powerbats
    Options

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@Sehkmet said:

This is still irrational argument, because SWF IS in game. So why I should not complain about it? "Imagine there is no SWF - NOW SEE HOW THE GAME IS EASY FOR KILLER HAHA". The thing is SWF IS in game, and it is going nowhere.

Yet that's not what you said, you said ** "Really? This is exactly the same thing saying "If you took all the killers from game, you'd have less reasons to complain". They ARE in this game, so what is your point? "**

Now you're changing your argument around since I pointed out how illogical that comment was. By the logic of your last post you shouldn't complain about anything because it's in the game. So since you know SWF is in the game and according to you it's not going anywhere you shouldn't complain.

So again if SWF was removed from ranked or adjusted you'd still find something to complain about just because it's in the game. Now how is that any different than the op's original complaint? You're whining about SWF while he's whining about camping. Both are part of the game yet you're applying a double standard.

• RSB
    Options

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@powerbats said:

@RSB said:

@Sehkmet said:

Yet that's not what you said, you said ** "Really? This is exactly the same thing saying "If you took all the killers from game, you'd have less reasons to complain". They ARE in this game, so what is your point? "**

Now you're changing your argument around since I pointed out how illogical that comment was. By the logic of your last post you shouldn't complain about anything because it's in the game. So since you know SWF is in the game and according to you it's not going anywhere you shouldn't complain.

So again if SWF was removed from ranked or adjusted you'd still find something to complain about just because it's in the game. Now how is that any different than the op's original complaint? You're whining about SWF while he's whining about camping. Both are part of the game yet you're applying a double standard.

Then read again.

• jiyeonlee
    jiyeonlee Member Posts: 211
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Sehkmet said:

@StickyCheese said:
    Besides, there are more severe implications than just that. Not to mention to what extend SWFs could abuse being indefinetly on the hook
    You're basically giving the survivors the option to take the game hostage.

IF a survivor and his team decide to leave him hanging, its 1 vs 3.. its advantage for the killer
    (if he m.mori one plus 1 hanging its 1vs2, i find that pretty balanced)

EACH second a survivor is idle in the hook the whole team is losing 1 second of generator repairing

your every wrote looks clearly didn't played game enough
    play enough and come back

• jiyeonlee
    jiyeonlee Member Posts: 211
    Options

@RSB said:

@Sehkmet said:

well said bellkiller now get my t-bag and be a cry baby

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018
    Options

@RSB said:

@Sehkmet said:

Except this isn’t a shitpost. That’d be a purposefully not serious, or satirical thread to make fun of the extreme people, or other aspects of the game to lighten the mood. This is an actual thread.

• Lord_Technopapst
    Lord_Technopapst Member Posts: 26
    Options

@deathdoer1 said:
    Why not, when a killer is within 8-12 meters. The entity is displeased and slows the progression of the stages? That way all a killer has to do is not be a **** and be good instead of having to sit and stare at a survivor...

I had this idea too and would love to see that. That also makes camping with insidious useless, because players know that the killer is nearby because of the slowed down sacrifice.

• StickyCheese
    StickyCheese Member Posts: 26
    Options

@Lord_Technopapst said:

@deathdoer1 said:

I had this idea too and would love to see that. That also makes camping with insidious useless, because players know that the killer is nearby because of the slowed down sacrifice.

They tried that, didn't work. Survivors abused the hell out of that.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

What about this balanced suggestion :
    When you hook a survivor, as killer, you lose point, and the survivor is teleported at the exit gates with 32k BP as a bonus for the trouble.

Killers aren't babysitters, and camping is part of the game and necessary considering how quick survivors are able to recover if you let them unchecked.

• Lord_Technopapst
    Options

@StickyCheese said:

@Lord_Technopapst said:

@deathdoer1 said:

How could you as a survivor abuse this?

• powerbats
    Options

@Lord_Technopapst said:

@StickyCheese said:

@Lord_Technopapst said:

@deathdoer1 said:

The other survivors all sat close to the hook to make the killer not leave the area.

• deathdoer1
    deathdoer1 Member Posts: 87
    Options

I really don't see how you could abuse a mechanic of if killer is within 12 meters of hook it slows progression. Even if a survivor is near the hook. The killer either can leave that be, or just down that survivor. You could try to take advantage of it but then you're leaving 2 survivors busy.

• Sehkmet
    edited June 2018
    Options

I edited a post and its not visible, i said something like this:

To counter your fears i have this idea:
    As survivor you start with 1000 altruistic points and you lose X points per second when someone is hooked. If he is unhooked within 30-60 seconds, you dont lose any points

• powerbats
    Options

@Sehkmet said:
    I edited a post and its not visible, i said something like this:

To counter your fears i have this idea:
    All the survivors starts with 1000 altruistic points and they lose X points per second when someone is hooked. If they unhook him within 30-60 seconds, they dont lose any points at all

No, because then the killer would just camp and smack as they come and eventually the survivors would have no points. Think The Shape with Evil within III or a Huntress with the insta down ultra rare addon.

• Sehkmet
    edited June 2018
    Options

@powerbats said:
    No, because then the killer would just camp and smack as they come and eventually the survivors would have no points. Think The Shape with Evil within III or a Huntress with the insta down ultra rare addon.

Thats like playing against a noob killer that cant kill your team, you are going to have low Altruistic points......

I see why it can be anoying or hard to accept, what about reworking Stage 1 using my method and leave Stage 2 intact (with progression) ?

• powerbats
    Options

@Sehkmet said:

@powerbats said:

Thats like playing against a noob killer that cant kill your team, you are going to have low Altruistic points......

I see why it can be anoying or hard to accept, what about reworking Stage 1 using my method and leave Stage 2 intact (with progression) ?

Stage 2 might work but the moment someone gets hooked all survivors get negative altruistic points which are then redeemed once unhooked/altruistic done. The only real solution is two fold.

1. survivors have to realize they need to group up and gen rush to punish the killer for doing this. If they do this and the person being camped doesn't struggle the killer is going to get screwed.

2. The devs have to make it so that not face camping or camping in general isn't so profitable for the killer. If they give them more for getting that 1st hook and then doing other things they'll stop doing it to an extent.

Lastly killers have make your choice and that combined with BBQ is pretty nice.

• Sehkmet
    edited June 2018
    Options

@powerbats see? i just finished this one, i wasnt looking for it but the killer wasnt very good and the map was "the swamp".. gg 0 altruistic points, there is no difference between this and what you are saying

• powerbats
    Options

@Sehkmet said:

@powerbats see? i just finished this one, i wasnt looking for it but the killer wasnt very good and the map was "the swamp".. gg 0 altruistic points, there is no difference between this and what you are saying

Actually there is since against both good and bad killers I've gotten 0 Altruistic points. Some have camped, some haven't yet it didn't change the zero. It's a simple fact that you're not going to always be able to get Altruistic points, especially against say a good Nurse or Shape etc.

The bottom line is you're rewardin the killer for camping by forcing other survivors to have to come near the hook. That rewards the killer since now those same survivors aren't doing gens. If the kille keeps them off gens till sac is done then it's that much easier to win.

Think Leatherface camping that hooked survivor, someone comes close oh well free down and sit there and let them bleed out or get everyone else. I've watched ppl get downed 1,2,3 by a Leatherface sitting there and basically spamming his Chain Saw and nothing else.

Lastly I find it funny that not only do you block out all the addons you used but also your survivor rank as well as the others. Yet you had no problem showing the addons and perks and offerings everyone else used. to say that looks like you're trying to hide something would be an understatement.

• Sehkmet
    Options

@powerbats said:
    Lastly I find it funny that not only do you block out all the addons you used but also your survivor rank as well as the others. Yet you had no problem showing the addons and perks and offerings everyone else used. to say that looks like you're trying to hide something would be an understatement.

Really? im not showing them because i dont want trolls to go offtopic talking about my setup nor rank.. i prefer to keep this quiet and focused

• powerbats
    Options

@Sehkmet said:

@powerbats said:

Really? im not showing them because i dont want trolls to go offtopic talking about my setup nor rank.. i prefer to keep this quiet and focused

While you could use that as an argument that's just an avoidance since if you're running say a med kit then we'd know you were probably trying for Altruistic points. If you were running WGLF then perhaps you were also as well.

But the bottom line is what you're asking fro is free Altruistic points every match or at least the chance at them. You're also asking to reward the killer for face camping because they'll know that's a lot of points to have.

You're not guaranteed to get Altruistic points every game let alone other points either since each game is different. It depends on your teammates and the killer each time, if no one ever gets hooked or hit, well you get ZERO. If someone gets hooked and gets rescued that person goes some Altruistic points, do some healing same.

The game isn't supposed to reward handouts because somethings difficult, it's supposed to be difficult. So that you have to earn the stuff that gives you some of the most points.

• holywhitetrash
    holywhitetrash Member Posts: 289
    Options

you guys realize that insidious is a killer perk right? which means the devs wanted camping to be a viable strategy for killers, and it is an incredibly weak strategy if the survivors cut their losses by just doing the gens and leaving that guy to die.

• only1biggs
    only1biggs Member Posts: 1,178
    Options

So many babies, it's just incredible.

• Dragonredking
    Options

@Sehkmet said:

uhmm let's see, you require 4 pip to advance rank meaning that you are somewhere between rank 18 and 13, the fact that you fear that "troll" would go offtopic talking about your rank and setup made me think it is closer to rank 18 than 13.

If you don't want people talking about your rank to determine your revelance and potential knowledge :

1 don't post screenshot that can help them determine your overall rank

2 don't make stupid suggestion

It's that simple
    The game is already in the survivor favor stop asking for more advantages ffs

• Lord_Technopapst
    Options

@powerbats said:

@Lord_Technopapst said:

@StickyCheese said:

@Lord_Technopapst said:

@deathdoer1 said:

The other survivors all sat close to the hook to make the killer not leave the area.

What if the sacrifice would still progress normal if the killer is in a chase or was in a chase 10sec. ago? You just have to see a survivor and run towards him so the sacrifice would go on normal and you can't abuse it.

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    Options

I believe, no matter what system they have, that if 4 survivors have all been chased, and no one ever got hit (perfect escape) double pip should be possible. It isn’t. That’s a problem. A pip isn’t winning, or a reward, irs to help matchmaking. And that killer got straight up stomped, you should be matched with harder killers.

• Sehkmet
    edited June 2018
    Options

No, i dont want free altruistic points.. it was a fix for this new stage 1 no progression system

Ok you got it, we went offtopic talking about my playstyle, gg trolls...
    I play killer aswell ( 50-50 ) and i hate both pallet looping and camping, i wish they fix both
    Im an altruistic survivor, i love to save and heal people. Sometimes i play using "we'll make it" and sometimes i change it to use "borrowed time" (i spent my precious hours lvling the survivors to be more altruistic)

Being altruistic against a not-very-good-killer

@Dragonredking @powerbats

• Dragonredking
    Options

@Sehkmet said:
    No, i dont want free altruistic points.. it was a fix for this new stage 1 no progression system

Ok you got it, we went offtopic talking about my playstyle, gg trolls...
    I play killer aswell ( 50-50 ) and i hate both pallet looping and camping, i wish they fix both
    Im an altruistic survivor, i love to save and heal people. Sometimes i play using "we'll make it" and sometimes i change it to use "borrowed time" (i spent my precious hours lvling the survivors to be more altruistic)

Being altruistic against a not-very-good-killer

@Dragonredking @powerbats

Damn son you are easy to manipulate.

No ######### sherlock you hate camping it negate one of your perk entirely.
    " I'm an altruistic survivor" "I don't want free altruistic point" by the way make it so that the first hook stage doesn't progress to force the killer to leave so I can have a free unhook thx

OMG look how much that killer doesn't know how to play, he doesn't switch target to the fully healed claudette when their is an injured survivor literaly infront of her OMG

More seriously doe...
    Multiple people including myself already told you that they tried it.
    Can you guess like a big boy why it isn't in the game if the dev tried it?

• Sehkmet
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Dragonredking said:
    Multiple people including myself already told you that they tried it.
    Can you guess like a big boy why it isn't in the game if the dev tried it?

Can you stop being such a kid for ONE POST ? If im not altruistic OH i want free points.. if im altruistic Oh i want an easier job.. omg, stop talking about me and be constructive, you are so st***d... seriously

In life success comes after failing, failing isnt an argument to stop trying, i feel they can try it again with minor fixes and make it work

pd: when i made this post i was mad about being chased first and die in the first 5 minutes of the game, i dont really care when the killer is camping someone else.. stop failing at throwing trash at me

Pd2:

OMG look how much that killer doesn't know how to play, he doesn't switch target to the fully healed claudette when their is an injured survivor literaly infront of her OMG

im not saying "Oh look im pro player".. you were talking about me and there you have a proof im always trying to help people, i didnt know if the pig was good or bad before running into him but i did. Focusing on the injured survivor isnt "NOOB" stop posting toxic sh*t and watch some Animal planet documentaries about carnivores

• Dragonredking
    edited June 2018
    Options

Well I don't really need to you're pretty good at throwing thrash at yourself kek

I'm the kid but somehow you are the one throwing out insult about people intellect and getting worked up over word on a public forum.

Retriying the exact same thing they already tried won't make it better. You aren't proposing minor fix you are proposing the exact same ######### they tryed a year ago.

Why would I need to be constructive about something that not only has already failedl and is being suggested weekly on the steam forum since the game launched?

If you want constructive feedback go on the steam forum and look at the answer people gave to your idea before you even started to play the game.

edit booohoohhh I died in the first 5 minute. Get over it, game barely last 5 minute in high rank.

• Sehkmet
    Options

You are always talking about me, stop it and just discuss the idea, its quite different from the one they tried a year ago.. but your mind is closed up, you have a big "NO" waiting in your keyboard before you read my post.

Dont you want this game to grow bigger ? I do, and taking care of 95% (random generated number) of the player base is the best way.
    High rank?? pfft, who is playing at high rank? tryhard kids? lot of the good players are quitting games before they die to save their loot and they are rank 20... (Found a lot of those enemies this weekend, do i have to record and send my games as killer to you?)

• Dragonredking
    Options

It's the exact same idea.
    THE EXACT SAME ONE

No timer on the first hook phase that what they tried that's what you are proposing.
    You aren't proposing anything new.

• Sehkmet
    edited June 2018
    Options

@Dragonredking said:
    It's the exact same idea.
    THE EXACT SAME ONE

No timer on the first hook phase that what they tried that's what you are proposing.
    You aren't proposing anything new.

I invite you to read the post number 30 of this thread, the last one in the first page.. thats why the user "powerbats" acused me of "not being altruistic and asking for free altruistic points" thats why i posted my "altruistic playstyle" and thats why you posted "i want an easier job".. and here we are at the beginning

If you are going to spam NO without reading the thread, please stop commenting, i would appreciate it.