Threatening to nerf nurse/billy is a bad PR move.

Options

Like, listen guys I love ya but when your player-base unanimously decides that a new killer is weak and you respond like this it just has no positive outcome.
Add to that the fact that other bugs are running rampant , I think a lot of us want you to slow down and contain chapter releases to twice a year.
If your whole plan is really to go the distance with a five year plan, you can not overburden yourselves with releasing new chapters every 3 months.

Comments

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247
    Options

Release cosmetics though, we really love those!

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    Options

When did they threaten to nerf either of these Killers?

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

Do you have any proof of the developers making this claim? If the devs said it on stream then I suggest you place a link to the stream (here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4-E4R0oHBY) and provide a time stamp.

If this comment was made on social media and you are on a Windows computer you can use Ctrl + PrtScr to take a screenshot. Then just open Paint and Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot into Paint so that you can save it as a photo file.

Regardless of your choice, please provide proof when stating such claims.

• PolarBear
    PolarBear Member Posts: 1,899
    edited December 2018
    Options

@Peasant said:
    Do you have any proof of the developers making this claim? If the devs said it on stream then I suggest you place a link to the stream (here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4-E4R0oHBY) and provide a time stamp.

If this comment was made on social media and you are on a Windows computer you can use Ctrl + PrtScr to take a screenshot. Then just open Paint and Ctrl + V to paste the screenshot into Paint so that you can save it as a photo file.

Regardless of your choice, please provide proof when stating such claims.

I listened to the stream but I think Mathieu was joking when he said something about making Hillbilly's chainsaw apply deep wound xd.
    I think he also commented on the fact that nowadays they could never release Hillbilly with 115 ms.

EDIT: 37:04 - 37:37 Mathieu talking about Nurse and Hillbilly.

• MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015
    Options

I don't understand how anyone could have taken it seriously because it was obviously a joke.

Mathieu even confirmed it was a joke: https://old.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/a5x28m/this_is_real/ebpzfgg/?context=3

• Peasant
    Peasant Member Posts: 4,104
    Options

@MojoTheFabulous said:
    I don't understand how anyone could have taken it seriously because it was obviously a joke.

Mathieu even confirmed it was a joke: https://old.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/a5x28m/this_is_real/ebpzfgg/?context=3

I didn't have a chance to catch the stream. That's the only reason my reaction to the original post was "Where's the proof?"

• DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    Options
    It sounded like a joke, a really bad one, but still.
  • RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

But there was one thing he wasnt joking about - his attitude towards community and his strawmanning.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Options

@Sn0wJob said:
    Like, listen guys I love ya but when your player-base unanimously decides that a new killer is weak and you respond like this it just has no positive outcome.
    Add to that the fact that other bugs are running rampant , I think a lot of us want you to slow down and contain chapter releases to twice a year.
    If your whole plan is really to go the distance with a five year plan, you can not overburden yourselves with releasing new chapters every 3 months.

Was that during the devstream?

Im not against it, they have to completley kill their own game first before the appropiate balance changes can happen

• BullDawg
    BullDawg Member Posts: 3
    Options
    Mathieu is constantly putting his foot in his own mouth.
    I suppose if we don’t like it, we should go play Civ though.
  • azazer
    azazer Member Posts: 446
    Options
    I mean I suppose with the hate that he and the team are constantly subjected to, I can understand these a little back handed jokes like this. I did have to double take it when I heard it Thursday. Maybe the cultural difference doesn't let the humor translate as well.
  • GHERBEARRULES
    GHERBEARRULES Member Posts: 265
    Options

This is why sometimes I don't want mathieu in bhvr, because the chainsaw is so easy to juke out, but he's just saying it should cause deep wound, I can't with this game.