Please check if your issue has already been reported first!

When reporting a bug, please follow the template provided, otherwise the report will be declined. The information requested is vital to allow us to correctly reproduce and then fix what you are reporting.

Crashing randomly daily since 5.1.1 patch

I've been having game crashes

I've been having very frequent but random crashes in the game ever since the 5.1.1 patch from what I can tell. I'm on Steam (PC).

As survivor, I would crash seemingly randomly but most frequently when approaching a generator that's had progress worked on it. Other times I'd be running away during a chase and randomly crash. It would always happen when I'm moving, not standing still is what I've noticed. I'm usually playing as Jake, Jill, Yui, or Cheryl.

As killer, I would crash at any random time. Mostly in the middle of a chase. It rarely happens when I'm approaching a progressed generator but it does happen. There hasn't been a crash yet where I've come into physical contact with a survivor however. It seems that it's just when I'm moving. I've only been playing as Nemesis.

The crash itself is also random. Sometimes the crash report window will pop up and slow down my game before it takes a while for the game to close. Sometimes the game immediately closes followed by the crash report window. Other times the game completely and abruptly close midgame with no warning and no crash report window popping up at all.

I haven't had any crashing issues whatsoever with any of my other Steam games. I've had Dead by Daylight on this computer since June 19 2020 and I've never crashed this much. It's occurred so frequently since August 9th that the ingame penalty timer is now at the 1 hour mark. It's getting rather aggravating so I figured I'd take it up to the forums to see I could do anything further.

0 votes

Need more info · Last Updated

Comments

• HeelTurn
    HeelTurn Member, Dev Posts: 9

Hello there! Would you mind posting your PC specs or sending them via direct message? This could help us investigate the issue further. Thanks! 😀

• OneMustStand
    OneMustStand Member Posts: 5

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz  2.60 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB

Windows 10 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M

DirectX 12

Ping is in the green between 40 to 60 as indicated in-game

• laurensics
    laurensics Member Posts: 1

I have also had the same problem on Nintendo Switch, I have been disconnected daily since the 15th. This has been at random times in game.

I haven’t received the blood points for the matches, and also had the 3 minute waiting periods.