Suggestion: Camera Perk for Survivors

Dipper
Dipper Member Posts: 153
edited August 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

I recently thought about a camera perk that charges as you get chased. When full you can craft a camera and place somewhere. It has a 45° angle and shows the killer's aura for all survivors if he's within 10 meters. The Killer itself can destroy the camera. Only 2 Cameras can be in the game

Post edited by Mandy on

Comments

• Professor_Fizz
    Professor_Fizz Member Posts: 96

I think the biggest problem with an idea like this is that it would likely break the game in half trying to code it in.

• Dipper

I don't think so, it is nothing more than an object with Kindred

• Mat_Sella
    Mat_Sella Member Posts: 3,553

you underestimate BHVR's ability to break something.

Totems keep breaking and becoming uncleansable

almost 3 months later and zombies still collide with objects and are unable to move

hits that are denied by pallet stuns give hit confirmation sometimes before being corrected.

• Dipper

I think the Zombie thing is forgivable, as AI is quite hard to train. The AI itself can't see there's something in front of it, it recognizes an obstacle and has to estimate if it's enough to keep going because the Zombie will eventually pass that obstacle, or if that obstacle would be too big, like a fence. And as Behaviour published this AI 3 months ago, it will take some time to train it to know what obstacles to avoid and in which direction to pass. The totems just happen to be hidden so well that sometimes the clips that hinder Killer and Survivor to pass through objects are in front of the totem and Pallet hits are also complex I guess because unlike other events in this game, a stun and a hit often appear to be sent at the same time to the server, because noone has a ping of 1ms. So then the server has to check which event is valid but the game must go on. So it's all not that easy to "just" fix it