Sorry, but I need to tunnel and proxy camp

Options
fogdonkey
fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

I tried to play nice and "survivor friendly"... But it just doesn't work. I can't afford 4 people to sit on gens. Survivors are not playing "killer friendly", they are just pushing gens without even healing. Especially these SWFs are completely destroying me.

Maybe it is also because I play weaker killers like Trickster. Sometimes it takes a lot of time until I manage to down a competent survivor. And if they run to the shack, I am usually just forced to give up the chase, because the gens will be flying.

Anyway... I just start to hate this game.

Comments

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

This is an issue with the ranking system, there are too many killers at red ranks.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,072
    Options

The nature of dbd gameplay is the killer is trying to remove survivors from the game.

People have been complaining about tunneling and camping forever and the game still hasn't died. It's not going to die from people trying to win and upsetting their opponent.

• Gamedozer7
    Gamedozer7 Member Posts: 2,649
    Options

Thats my point all gen rushing is are survivors completely objective asap which is not really fun for a killer and all tunneling is a killer completing an objective asap both are toxic by the others standards

• GentlemanFridge
    GentlemanFridge Member Posts: 5,407
    Options

Among Us: Ending a crewmate's game right then and there is literally the only way they can kill anyone at all. Additionally, dead players can still do things such as complete tasks, or as an impostor, sabotage. They're not relegated to just sitting there and watching, unlike DbD, where you're forced to just wait it out for 2 minutes to allow your teammates to stand a chance at doing their objective. Also, if I recall, Among Us also was complained about with how being the first to die is miserable.

Apex Legends: How is this even comparable? Apex is not asymmetrical. Every player in a match can be picked off at any time, and they themselves have the ability to do so as well, with any weapon. Imagine in Apex that you're downed, and you have to stay still and watch, without being able to ping the enemies' location to your teammates. And that for 2 minutes.

• TheMadCat
    TheMadCat Member Posts: 2,203
    Options

I'm tired as well. It's like we all play only one side, where most of us play both. And even if we play only one, it's a PVP game. People play to win against other people.

I don't know. I feel too old sometimes for the forums.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    Options

I'm fine with these killer tactics, but if we're at 5 generators, do you really need to tunnel / camp? By no means am I saying you can't do it, but it's frowned upon if you do it when it's not necessary at all, especially in situations where you're not even close to losing the game.

It's just frustrating when one of my teammates DC, then the killer acts like we're going to get 5 generators done in 4 minutes and needs to wet the floor with their pool of sweat. I don't care if I still get sacrificed, but can I at least play the game before you get your 4K?

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,116
    Options

Because one side only affects the other's winrate, while the other causes the entire game's concept to fall apart.

Doing gens and camping are not comparable.

• Grandpa_Crack_Pipe
    Grandpa_Crack_Pipe Member Posts: 3,306
    Options

Then do it.

Have fun.

• Gamedozer7
    Options

I was talking about gen rush and tunneling they are both doing objectives effectively. Camping is a dumb tactic and will lose you the game unless survivors feed the camper

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

It depends. Trust me, smart killers are going to camp if they want to win. That doesn't necessarily mean face camping the first survivor you have. But there are times where if you are trying to play optimally, it is the only play. And I am not just talking about end game either.

• Gamedozer7
    Options

It takes you 2 minutes to camp a survivor to death thats plenty of time for them to finish gens and get out. At worst they need to open the exit gate and with 3 survivors its not to hard.

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123
    Options

And what do you do when that survivor you tunnel ends up running you for the entire game. Because anytime I try tunneling they just pre-drop every pallet and all the gens fly by.

• Gamedozer7
    Options

Depends on what you consider camping most the time I hook some on i can see scratch marks nearby and look and normally find the survivor and then the rest of the team wants to show up and alot of people call that proxy camping when I'm just not going to give a free unhook

• Gamedozer7
    Options

Yup I've been here where I need to eliminate someone and they almost instantly unhooked but the one off the hook was good and I had to abandon it or lose the game for maybe 1k

• SilentPill
    SilentPill Member Posts: 1,302
    Options

Well I have a lot of hours so that doesn’t really happen often. On killers I am less confident with I stack up some chase perks and that’s all I need. On all but the strongest killers I usually have at least 1-2 chase perks on.

If the survivor is really good and goes to an area that’s very strong, I leave the chase. I know all the tiles so I can tell when I should not be in a certain area if I can avoid it.

• Gamedozer7
    edited August 2021
    Options

I play by a two gen rule. If there is only 2 gens left i have to eliminate someone because 3 survivor with only one gen is a sweat fest

I mean 3 survivors on gens

• Gamedozer7
    Options

They keep buffing them as well and whats with double pallets

• SilentPill
    Options

I mean most of the time they are half state before corrupt intervention is over. The gens are not even available to be done when I’m typically in a position to be killing someone off if the early game goes well.

I will gladly trade 3 gens for 1 kill every game, because pop goes the weasel carries super hard in a 3v1 3 gen situation.

I run moris all the time still, so if someone is camped to half I can finish them off quickly. I hit BT as they come off the hook so if they try to locker DS me they run out of mend inside the locker and fall out into being mori’d.

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    Options

No one can blame you. There are also killer mains doing hard camp or tunnel with top tier killers too.

• Gamedozer7
    Options

How long does it normally take you to find and down a survivor from the beginning?

• GentlemanFridge
    edited August 2021
    Options

Sorry, but I do take issue with this.

First of all, in your argument involving your friend, you fail to mention to your friend that the other player literally has no agency once they've been chosen. They will die, and there's nothing they can do. Yet they have to wait at least 2 minutes for them to actually kick the bucket if they want to give their teammates a remote chance, which they often don't. They either do the fair equivalent of a DC, or they literally cannot play the game.

Have you ever been the victim of this? Only when you're a very skilled survivor can you actually extend the 2 minutes by any meaningful amount. The vast majority of survivors is not that, leading to them having a miserable experience, after which they're sent straight back to the queue, with a meager amount of BP. And for what? Because they got unlucky. They were the 1/4 that had to be denied the entire match because of your desire to win said game.

I know empathy for your opposition cannot be asked for, and I am guaranteeing you don't give a flying ######### about any of this. But holy mother of Moses, is wanting a healthy environment for all players so much to ask?

• SilentPill
    Options

Probably about ~30-40 seconds depending on the killer and build. I consider a bad early game 60+ seconds and a terrible early game 80+ seconds

• ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,988
    Options

Okay, but as you mentioned previously, you do not need to wait 2 minutes. So the argument that you need to wait 2 minutes is entirely redundant? If they were forced to wait it out, then sure.

But most games once you are dead, you are dead. And heck, survivors will farm you well before you need to wait 2 minutes regardless. The only time they don't is if they are using you as bait to gen rush. But since we are talking about killer problems, it is more likely they got unhooked unsafely only to get put right back on the meathook immediately. Rofl.

• SilentPill
    Options

It’s not really my problem though is it? It’s a PvP game, they can play better.

The only logical reason I have to not tunnel survivors is because they are making the chase too costly. If they are going down really fast too bad, get better at hiding or get better at looping.

You don’t see people on the CS:GO forums complaining they are getting wrecked and have to wait to respawn all the time

• Gamedozer7
    Options

I find 30-40 a little quick most the time given they normally get it can take the killer anywhere from 10-20 seconds to catch up depending on where they are. 60-80 is more responsible because the time it take to find the first survivor( assuming your not running lethal)

• SilentPill
    Options

If you play a ton you will learn the spawn locations. Only a handful of maps have pretty random spawns.

And I do frequently use lethal pursuer or discordance; both of which can have you in your first chase in 10-20 seconds of the match starting.

60-80 seconds you will probably be in a really rough position if the survivors are slamming the gens. By then camping the hook isn’t really viable anymore and you will need to get people off the gens.

• Gamedozer7
    Options

There's also some levels like the swap where it can't be help because they are huge.

I don't have all the killers or perks let alone thousands of hours so I can only do what I know pretty much.

As for camping like I said its a dumb strategy unless the survivors feed into it thats killing them selfs on hook. And if you camp me you going to have to put a tent up and chill because well be there for 2 minutes.

• SilentPill
    Options

Id watch some of this guy if you have the time. He went on an 800+ win streak hard camping and tunneling every game and watching him for a while took my killer win rate to the next level.

• indieeden7
    indieeden7 Member Posts: 3,346
    Options

If you think that survivor isn't stressful or difficult, you obviously haven't played solo queue

• Purgatorian
    Purgatorian Member Posts: 1,146
    edited August 2021
    Options

I try to play fairly until 3 gens are done leaving me with 2 left. If all 4 survivors are still alive at least one of them has to be taken out of the game, even if they are completed in the first 2 minutes. I won't do it at 5 gens unless a survivor is taunting me, letting me know by their actions, such as body blocking, that they have borrowed time. If they want to be hooked, or at least have ds wasted, I am happy to wait it out and oblige.

As survivor I hate killers that camp, tunnel and/or slug when there are 4 or 5 gens left. Leaving with less than 10k bp makes the match feel like a waste of my time with it only being 2 or 3 things bought on the bloodweb. Yes, if the killer knows someone's there or being looped around the hook then that's completely different but if they have bbq and see 3 others on gens then camping seems meaningless.

Now the raise in hook bombings, especially without bt, causing early tunnelling deaths or 2 slugs, is another matter entirely which I also disagree with as survivor but would be a fool not to take that opportunity as killer.

• SaltyNooty
    SaltyNooty Member Posts: 275
    Options

The trickster is VERY powerful, I don't know what you mean by 'WEAK'. What you need to do is spam knives at them while their at pallets or vaults so you can get them down quickly and then mind-game them into dropping pallets or forcing them off pallets. It works almost every time, you just gotta get up close instead of the long-range cause that usually never works. Like a better huntress.

• GentlemanFridge
    Options

I see you're taking my "death of DbD" thing a bit too seriously. That was an exaggeration on my end. I meant it more akin to "ruin it for me". Regardless, the same arguments apply.

Being voted out for no reason at all is kinda bs, though wholly caused by the game's reliance on (bluffing) eye-witnesses followed by sheep mentality. Those are entirely different reasons than why DbD sees so many campers. In AU, the other power to put a stop to it, yet they simply don't, either because they don't care, they think it's funny, or they've joined a bandwagon. Imagine if one survivor can say "kill that one", and have their aura revealed for the entire match.

As for your argument in Apex, I don't really see what we're disagreeing on there. It's shite, but at least in Apex, you (largely) have the exact same tools at your disposal. That means that you just as easily could have done it to them, provided you are skilled enough and if you were in their literal position. There's no equivalent of that in DbD.

And that right there is the root of the problem. You, and so many others, simply cannot be made to care about the other players' experience. And that's not something I can possibly hope to change. Nor can I actually blame you for it.

But I have to once again ask if you've been the victim of this. Even beyond the logical aspect of it, it just sucks to be on the receiving end, that much you have to agree on? Hell, there are players out there who do it for that sheer aspect. I don't think you are that kind of player, but even so.

"Get better at hiding or get better at looping". So you're just saying "git gud"? If the killer's competent, and persistent, the survivor will get found, and they will go down. Skill will only delay the inevitable. Once they're on the hook, only their perks can save them. Teammates? Not in solo que, I'm sure you're aware of that.

• SilentPill
    Options

You are right. They are my opponents in a video game. I don’t care if they have fun or not, because it’s a zero sum game. I don’t see how this is suddenly different from every other PvP game ever.

“Oh no, I’m owning too hard in call of duty and feel bad for using killstreaks” - nobody ever

If I want to play a coop game I will play a coop game

And yes I have been on the receiving end plenty of times, and sometimes I die and other times I will run them the whole game.

As a general rule of thumb you never really want to be the first person or the last person chased. The first person can get tunneled and the last person gets facecamped after the gates are open

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

This so much! I don't care if the killer has to tunnel/camp in order to get a kill, but doing it at 5 gens left? That sucks and I can see why it's frowned upon.

• Alphasoul05
    Alphasoul05 Member Posts: 601
    edited August 2021
    Options

If you go into every single game and no matter what, above all else you tunnel one person, then you are a bad killer. You'll never learn to improve, you'll never learn to get better, you'll just always be bad. Now, maybe you just ranked up really quick and these survivors are just better than you and you can't manage them. Okay, fair enough. I hope MMR helps you, but if you do that badly enough you'll naturally derank as well.

There's nothing wrong with doing this when you know you really need to, but if you do it regardless of the skill, the amount of gens you have, or how much progress is in them, or whatever else, then again, you're not a very good player. I'm not going to pretend like survivors don't overract or act entitled, or play how they want, but let's not pretend that just because survivors are playing well that means they're terrible people sweating their balls off.

Sometimes you are going to lose, that's the nature of any game. I mean if guarantee you if you tunneled me all game I'd loop you for 5 gens, because no killer worth their weight will throw the game to chase me. But I suppose there's a lot of bad survivors that make this strategy work all too well.

• SilentPill
    Options

Uhh, a 2k ends the streak. He considers that a tie, which is not a win. That was 800+ 3-4ks in a row.