Otzdarva noed experiment

Options

Heeyyy

here is my take on his expreriment on otzdarva’s noed experiment

first point literally every game survivors are overtly altruistic on a camping killer

2 point otz said noed is not earned and this pisses me off a bit

why should a killer perk be earned its the dumbest argument in a long time why let me explain

its another way of saying camping with noed should not be allowed and why would a perk need to be earned

i dont see him saying survivor perks should be earned

i could go on but its sad to see these streamers demonize noed users who camp ive faced many noed campers if im npt on the hook geuss what im soing im leaving

also note before people start spazzin dumb ######### i dont hate otz and think he is a great entertainer

Comments

• bibibib8
    bibibib8 Member Posts: 843
    Options

Otz is a great streamer and im sub to him and i agree not having to earn noed is not a bad thing. Most of the game the survivor he was going against were trash too he did his best to suck and he was killing them before they could do 5 gen most of the time with only noed. Just imagine if survivor had to earn dead hard instead of being a reward for getting injure because they got outplay by the killer

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,161
    Options

As a Noed user, I still hate Killers who camp/tunnel into Noed.

I feel like the most fair change to Noed are:

• Exposed only applied to Survivors who already hooked once.
    • Each hook on a unique Survivor gain a token. M1 spend a token which is instant down.

So at least camp/tunneler have less use on Noed.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited August 2021
    Options

Shouldn't this be under Otzdarva's video? I don't even know what you're talking about, and I doubt I'm the only one.

• KerJuice
    KerJuice Member Posts: 1,851
    Options

Survivor main here- i believe NOED is fine. It sucks when you or your teammates get caught by it with a bad killer, but it’s not overly used IMO. At least not so much on a high level. Rank reset taught me to always do totems, and I have a decent understanding of their possible locations- on half the maps. Devs keep it fresh by moving some of them around every chapter & mid-chapter update.

NOED (just like Bloodwarden), adds a “what if/I wonder” element to the game, and I’m cool with it. Running totem builds (helps you understand their general location for when you DON’T use em) and destroying all totems, escaping, and seeing that the killer had NOED at the postgame screen is VERY satisfying!

• brokedownpalace
    brokedownpalace Member Posts: 8,759
    Options

Nothing but gens? Unhooks, heals, and chases don't count? What about all that plus 4 out of the 5 totems?

• WexlerWendigo
    WexlerWendigo Member Posts: 1,867
    Options

Because adrenaline, the survivor equivalent has to be earned, and is made totally useless by NOED. It’s bad game design.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108
    Options

People should do bones, and if we're talking about perks that you dont earn, dead hard rewards you for getting hit

• GreyBigfoot
    GreyBigfoot Member Posts: 947
    edited August 2021
    Options

There's plenty of games where the killer is already doing well, and the survivors barely complete the last gen, then get hit by a very frustrating noed that they couldn't afford to prevent earlier. Just the icing on the cake. I think some of Otz's noed games can show that scenario, he was even playing more reserved so he wouldn't 4k before the end.

There's also the facecamping kind, where a killer camps someone to death, and then gets another kill from noed, or maybe even more. Generally it's not engaging for anybody and feels even worse for the camped survivor.

• Artick
    Artick Member Posts: 623
    Options

So why most of the survivor perk need to be earned if a killer having to earn a perk is such a stupid idea? Double standards much?

• Shroompy
    Shroompy Member Posts: 6,280
    Options

"he has massive sway with the devs"

Name one change he exclusively said, that actually ended up in the game. I'm waiting.

Also ######### are you on about??? Survivor perks aren't "earned" but neither are killer perks. What exactly are you doing to get Ruin, Corrupt, Undying, Tinkerer, or even NoED to proc?? You're not actively going out of your way to activate these perks. Neither are survivor meta perks like DS, Unbreakable, BT.

Also survivors hate not being able to go for end game saves when NoED is in play because its not fun to leave some one behind. People like going for risky plays because its thrilling and adrenaline inducing. But when you add NoED or even an insta down killer they can't get that thrill or excitement, because they know if they even attempt it they're gonna most likely die doing so.

And people already run totem perks... Hex totems have been apart of the meta for a long time now and NoED isn't going to change that

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,897
    Options

Completely agree. I'd say NOED will eventually get tweaked.

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    Options

You know what I meant. NOED is there to punish people who complete their objective too quickly. When I'm playing survivor if were ahead I purposely stop doing gens to find totems for fear of NOED. There are times where the killing is playing well and you may not have time to find totems but the premise is the same. You rush gens without even looking for totems, you run the risk of NOED.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 15,606
    Options

Totems are Boldness-Points, those are probably the easiest to get. You dont need to do Totems to get max Boldness. If there would be no Category Cap OR Totems would give Survival-Points, you would see way more people cleansing Totems.

Also, you name it - SWF. Not everyone plays in an SWF. For me, cleansing Totems does not really make sense, since I dont know how many Totems my Teammates will do. So I might just waste my time for a Perk the Killer does not even have OR I waste my time and still get hit by NOED, because nobody else did Totems.

• Firellius
    Firellius Member Posts: 4,116
    Options

Yeah, with two extra seconds of chase.

Unless you use it really well, in which case it's earned again.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747
    Options

Killers perks imo should never be "earned" survivors should be punished for not doing totems.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

I am solo and I use my totem hunting build 70% of the time. I can't count the number of times I have saved my team from Noed lol. People really underestimate the totem perks.

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

I said meta perks but you seem to have skipped over that.

• supersonic853
    supersonic853 Member Posts: 5,387
    edited August 2021
    Options

Devour,make your choice, no way out, numerous other killer perks that require earning but have amazing effects despite the fact. Noed is mostly comparable to devour. Devour can be cleansed 30 seconds into the match. Devour requires 3 non camping unhooks from 24 or more meters away to get the instadown. Noed can't be cleansed immedately. Immedately has a instadown. And has a haste effect over devour. And i can stand in a corner and wait for 5 gens to pop and reap the benefit.

• DBD78
    DBD78 Member Posts: 3,455
    Options

It's not OP in any way, it's not even considered one of the better killer perks since you play with 3 perks all game and maybe get to use Noed IF survivors don't clense, and if they don't they might cleanse it before killer even gets one hit. It's not a great perk.

And earned? I mean Sprint burst and such you get again and again in a game, same thing.

• GingerBeard
    GingerBeard Member Posts: 271
    Options

What a coincidence, just last night at work I randomly started thinking about doing this exact build on Bubba to see how effective it made camping.

As for my view on NOED, I don't like the current iteration. I think it could be made healthier, could be something simple such as requiring four unique hooks to activate. Killers that camp their first hook of the game no longer get any value from the perk, which I feel is the main reason players dislike the perk.

I also had an idea a long time ago, don't remember the specifics, but the idea was making NOED have an even stronger effect that only applied to survivors that actually rushed gens. Kinda like how I assume the upcoming Mori rework will play out, where you need to go out of your way to do something other than gens or suffer the consequences.

• Wedeguy
    Wedeguy Member Posts: 278
    Options

Noed is a bullshit perk and there's a reason why it's a sign or at least being looked at - used by bad killers. the perk is so strong that it's being laughed at killers who use it, since they can't do anything without it. there's a reason this perk is being used in comp, it's just too strong and stupid and the killers in comp take it as an advantage cause they can't beat the god tier swfs in a normal way, usually.

• Kyxlect
    Kyxlect Member Posts: 230
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hah, I just watched a bit of that video and closed the window as soon as he started getting into that bit that NoEd gives you things you didn't deserve or earn. Which, I also agree is just a dumb thing to say. But we all know how Behavior is so we all know what's gonna happen to NoEd soon enough...need to keep giving Survivor's more advantages so they're of course gonna do everything possible to make Killer's weaker.

• Bravobro
    Bravobro Member Posts: 117
    Options

Noed is okay as it is. I don't use it as a killer at all because I'm not working towards endgame. I would like to have all 4 before that. The perk is okay for me because there is a risk that the totems are all gone before it is activated. Or it is found quickly.

• FancyMrB
    FancyMrB Member Posts: 1,250
    Options

I also like the idea of having to hook each survivor once for noed to activate. It promotes healthy game play (like Devour). In exchange tho I think it needs to lose it hex status and just activate upon the last gen being completed.

Maybe for good measure give it a 2-3 min timer ^^

• Zozzy
    Zozzy Member Posts: 4,759
    Options

Why do you think he has so many followers and subscribers. Don't bite the hand that feeds, just nod and smile and enjoy the cash rolling in.

• Nikkiwhat
    Nikkiwhat Member Posts: 1,378
    edited August 2021
    Options

I love Otzdarva, but I'm tired of the community harping on NOED being earned or not, and I only ever use it on Clown for shits & giggles. NOED is fine, it can be cleansed and now more than ever do Survivors have multiple Perks AND Map items to cleanse Totems. Otzdarva even put up a video about how working with one person, practicing with each Perk by themselves they cleansed all the Totems really fast (granted it was KYF but point stands).

Gens can go by fast, seen situations where multiple ones can pop before the match even really begins. NOED, Blood Warden, Rancor and No Way Out are all about endgame snowballing, or securing the last kill or two. I don't see how Perks like these "aren't earned", esp if you're only using NOED. You sacrifice the majority of the main Match for a chance getting a dominating endgame or some Kills and lose a Perk slot hoping you can capitalize on the endgame, which is not going to be consistent. This Perk can easily backfire.

• Bumbus
    Bumbus Member Posts: 600
    edited August 2021
    Options

What I don't like about NOED is that it skews the killrate in low ranks a lot and that gives the devs wrong information about the game balance. But a game when killer does nothing for the entire game and then 4K's just because survivor teams care about saving teammates more than maximizing escapes is not equal to a game where killer gets 4K because he actually did good. The game should not be balanced around the first case at all.

• Rey_512
    Rey_512 Member Posts: 1,620
    Options

That has been one of my suggestions as well, it would make it more fair. That way a 0 hook killer can’t get a couple free kills because of a poorly designed perk.

Another thought is removing the Exposed effect from NOED and buffing the speed increase to… say 6-7%?