Can you really blame Blight players for using "that build"?

2»

Comments

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Yeah the fact that they haven't fixed him after 2 tries is staggering

• DontNerf
    DontNerf Member Posts: 990

Walls are almost always fine. But small objects like chairs barells and benches are super slippery

• C3Tooth
    C3Tooth Member Posts: 8,266
    edited August 2021

If I use meta perks as Survivor, its because I want to have fun.

No, I dont mean using 4 2nd chance perks to ensure escape every game. I use them to extend match (where I find the fun at) against tunnelers.

Im happy to die in 12-15m match with 20k BP, not to die with 8k Boldness

• Aneurysm
    Aneurysm Member Posts: 5,270

If you're useless at blight then go for it, you'll definitely get more time to practice

If you're good at blight...is the possibility of losing occasionally so terrifying? Because if you're half-decent at him you can run whatever crap you like and on most maps, against most teams, you'll be fine

• remoirel
    remoirel Member Posts: 231

trust me, they do. I've seen the build on just about every killer since Blight came out, there was a big surge of it and once undying got changed a lot of people run another slowdown instead of tinkerer instead. Still get quite a few Nemesis players with it though.

• remoirel

Not sure why you're surprised to see Unbreakable if you're regularly slugging 4 people at once. That's why people bring it to begin with.

• FengisKawaii
    FengisKawaii Member Posts: 309

I blame them because it´s a guaranteed win against 9/10 lobbys if the Blight player is at least somewhat decent. It´s way too strong and only recently it seems that people have caught on to the fact that Blight is on par with Spirit and Nurse in terms of power. Running this build on Blight is the Killer equivalent of playing a 4man with 4 super strong toolboxes, a map offering and 4 bnp.

• Bwsted
    Bwsted Member Posts: 3,452

I don't blame them. I blame the devs.

• remoirel

while i agree that survivor perks can be just as boring (especially if you're having a bad match), things that survivors can run is to counter crappy ways a killer can choose to play, like bt/ds for tunneling, and unbreakable/soul guard for slugging. If you dont choose to play in ways that heavily include that, you don't even see the perks in the match even if they brought it. Meanwhile something like Tinkerer you can't actively avoid, because you HAVE to do the generator. You can counter it by leaving early as soon as you hit the gen %, but they're still gonna get the undetectable and notification.

• MrDardon
    MrDardon Member Posts: 3,939

I mean, instead of that build I use Corrupt, Monitor, BBQ and Zanshin. I stopped using Enduring because I don't play Blight how I used to, he now slides along the pallet as I try to slam it.

I use Zanshin because there are almost no Perks which work for him other than the copy + paste perks.

If Surge worked on M2, that'd definitely be my choice.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

I play Blight pretty religiously, he's easily my favourite killer alongside Huntress. But I honestly consider losing with Blight with Ruin Undying Tinkerer to be as bad as survivors losing after bringing a Haddonfield offering (assuming an outdoor map as Blight, that would be my only concession). Throw Alchemist Ring and Blighted Crow into the mix, and its like losing on Haddonfield with 4x BL. With this build, if you're even just a competent Blight, and its not RPD or Hawkins, you genuinely should never lose.

• KnotEnthusiast
    KnotEnthusiast Member Posts: 464

My build is BBQ, EndFury, and Lethal Pursuer. I love Enduring/Spirit Fury on Blight because you can just rush a pallet a survivor is about to drop, even if you know there's no chance of getting a rush hit, because enduring stuns will cancel your power faster than the cooldown. Add Spirit Fury to it and you're getting free hits when you never should have.

• ElmosPayPig
    ElmosPayPig Member Posts: 128

Survivors blame the killer for running boring meta every game. But they too also run boring meta every game(iron will+sprint or dead hard).

Both sides run the same boring meta and screech at eachother for running meta. Survivors have honestly alot of fun and good off meta perks(resurgence is great), but no one chooses to run them and keeps going back to the same crap+some sort of exhaustion crutch.

• th3
    th3 Member Posts: 1,843

It's very amusing when the blight struggles once his ruin undying is gone. It really shows how they get carried by the perks and if they end up not getting a 3-4k its hilarious. Its even more hilarious when those same killer's complain about bt/ds/unbreakable etc.

• Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320

Obviously people can use what they want, its just the second you see blight you can guess what his perks are going to be and 90% of the time you'll be right.

Its become so tedious to go against this build on blight which is honestly a shame because he is a fun killer himself. It's even more dull when it's a good blight player with strong addons like alchemist ring. You just look at it and think "How badly do you wanna win there buddy?".

And as for the argument "but survivors always use DH,DS,BT,UB", doesn't mean the blights are anymore fun to go against just because survivors always do the same. Going against both of these constantly is really stale, one doesn't cancel out the other out.

This game is alot more fun when people play more casual rather than sweat. Unfortunately toxic players encourage sweating by being dicks to other players to the point they just think screw it and use these builds

• EvilJoshy
    EvilJoshy Member Posts: 5,295
    edited August 2021

You just said the choice is yours. Yet your telling him to not pick what he wants? Which is it.

Meanwhile you probably run DS, UB, BT, DH and a key.

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,391

So it's only "fun" to play against a killer when they aren't running strong perks.

People should just be more honest and just say they only find killers "fun" to play against when the game is in their favor and not the killers.

• JFF
    JFF Member Posts: 166

The main issue with the "build" on killers like blight is it reduces skill gap and gives you more room for mistakes. Ruin/undying with tinkerer just gives out way too much info for free basically.

• FogofWar23
    FogofWar23 Member Posts: 75
  • Entity_Lich94
    Entity_Lich94 Member Posts: 320
    edited August 2021

No, it's that the build can cause gens to take a very long time which is the most boring part about survivor. When its a blight who isn't very good, it's even more boring because they'll push you off a gen and then when they can't catch you they leave, so you go back to the gen you were on to see nearly all the progress is gone. So you then decided to go looking for the totems if your teammates haven't already. This build emphasizes the boring part of playing survivor, holding m1, with little effort from Blight

Strong killer perks( the few that exist) aren't the problem, its that this particular build is as interative as watching paint dry half the time. At least tinkerer can kinda jumpscare you I guess

• fogdonkey
    fogdonkey Member Posts: 1,567

I never could use tinkerer very well, it was going of all the time and just made me nervous.

But of course I am not the best blight or killer in general.

• Bennett_They1Them
    Bennett_They1Them Member Posts: 2,513

No, I'm not going to stop people from having fun in whatever way they like. If someone wants to run noed, I won't care as long as they don't also camp and/or tunnel. perks are made to be in game, toxicity is not. this build isn't toxic, just meta.

Personally, I'd get bored without changing up perks.

• thefallenloser
    thefallenloser Member Posts: 1,277

I won't blame them, but I won't hesitate to call it boring since a ton of people use the exact same set of perks.

I'll make the same complaint about very obvious Nurse mains who use Ruin + Infectious + BBQ and sweat their asses off in pubs against solo queue rank 9s. Like damn, take a shower-- how boring.

The only killer I will legitimately be upset about is Stridor Spirit because it's an already very easy killer to play that you are making even easier and infinitely more frustrating to go against.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

There's actually a pretty simple thought process when it comes to that build on Blight.

What's the appeal of playing Blight? No this isn't a trick question... why would you play Blight over any other Killer? Speed. Gotta go fast. He's the most consistently fast Killer in the game bar none, so that's what the people playing him want to do. They want to go fast. What they don't want to do is have to stop and kick gens... ever basically. There's basically only 1 regression/slowdown perk that functions on Killers with M2 damaging powers that doesn't require kicking gens that's considered good... and its Ruin. So... if a Blight wants a slow down... the odds are incredibly stacked that they'll be running Ruin because everything else is either not good or conflicts with the entire reason they're playing the Killer.

Once you have Blight running Ruin as his main slowdown... the rest of the build just easily fits into place to support that and patch up what's missing. Undying to help protect Ruin. Tinkerer to get extra value from Ruin. BBQ to know where to go after a hook before Tinkerer goes off.

• kyogul
    kyogul Member Posts: 491
    edited August 2021

None of this to any capacity is answering the question I had.

No one including myself is questioning the appeal of ruin undying tinkerer on Blight. No one is questioning why it's considered an optimal build for Blight. No one is questioning why it's popular for Blight players. It's obviously used because it's a strong build. Whether or not ruin undying tinkerer is an optimal build for other killers is besides the question also, but every killer has an optimal build even if it uses different perks.

The question is why do players of Blight use said optimal build to abnormal extents. There is a difference between something being popular and using something to a cultish degree, which is what people are talking about. I do not see players of other killers use optimal builds to the point where 9.5 times out of ten if you go against said killer you see them running minimum the same three perks, like with Blights you encounter in pub games. And the few killers who do (Demo, PH, Twins) have legitimate perk compatibility issues in regards to their power/playstyle in order to win efficiently. Blight has several alternatives that also result in strong builds. Pretty much players of every other killer use variety to a noticeable degree and don't stick to optimal builds. Only Blight players do that.

The question is why are Blight players using optimal builds to abnormal degrees. The question is not why is it popular. If you still do not understand this question I will ask this: Why aren't other players of other killers (who don't have perk compatibility issues) using optimal builds just as often as Blight players do? Why does variety of perk builds exist for every other killer except Blight?

edit: Thought this was in another thread, I'll tweak the tone a bit.

• FFirebrandd
    FFirebrandd Member Posts: 2,445

I did...?

Blight is all about speed. Ruin is the only good regression perk that doesn't require slowing down and kicking gens.

So... Blight players run Ruin so they can keep going fast.

• KFChris18
    KFChris18 Member Posts: 112

Why is everyone in a fuss over killers using perks that works very well with their power? More specifically, over blight, a killer with a high skill ceiling and is one of 3 killers that can keep up with strong SWF's? You could ask the same thing about a demo that uses STBFL or an Oni running IF or wraith using SB. Because it works. Quit complaining about what the other side does and instead focus on what YOU can do to get better at the game!

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

Can't play the game when it lasts 5 minutes.

Imagine calling someone a sweatlord for using a build that allows for proper gameplay when survivors literary rush all gens in 5 minutes or less if you don't do so.

• IronKnight55
    IronKnight55 Member Posts: 2,933

I keep seeing DS and BT mentioned a lot in these types of discussions and I don't really get it. Those perks will only activate if you tunnel and they aren't nearly as stong as Blight using those perks, especially when using certain addons as well.

• PleassBuiltInNoed
    PleassBuiltInNoed Member Posts: 618

people hate tinkerer because it doesn't allow them to group on gen and finish it in 20 seconds

• Yords
    Yords Member Posts: 5,781

How does it reduce the skill cap? Maybe for killer skill in general, but not to Blight's specific power.

• PureDoctorMain
    PureDoctorMain Member Posts: 341

See this is something I hate. We don't know who started using meta perks to counter meta perks but it doesn't matter anymore. Now all you have to say is "well i do it cause they did it." Mind you this has nothing against you I just hate this mindset and the idea of it for two reasons.

1) Just run whatever the hell you wanna. Don't matter what people think video games are bought so you can have fun. If you'r favorite build is deemed unfun so you can't use it that sucks and will make people quit faster than ever.

2) There is no way to reset it. Once the idea of "well they have meta perks time to try and counter by brining my meta perks" theres no stopping it. Its an endless cycle with no way of stopping

In short, it's dumb and stupid and i don't like the mindset. Again nothing against you I just hear this so often I've started getting semi angry at it.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Huh? Ds and bt not strong? Then why are they in most builds? Also you know people body block the rescuing survivor right? So you are forced to hit them.

• IronKnight55

They aren't really that strong. You see it a lot because of all the killers that camp and tunnel. These perks get absolutely no use if the killer doesn't tunnel. Even if he does DS is like a 4 second stun... it won't make much of a difference if they are using a very strong killer like Blight, Nurse, Spirit, etc. Those perks only give you a little bit of time to get away. They don't even stop tunneling.

• DeliciousFood
    DeliciousFood Member Posts: 464

Yeah I can blame them, because they chose to run that build. Can I hold anything against them? Not really beyond the fact that they're probably bad at the game if they think they need that build to win 99% of their matches with Blight. And when I play survivor I have to suffer their infinite slowdown build because they're not good enough to just down people fast and instead just keep generators hostage. At this point I'd rather be tunnelled.

I do rejoice though, as I know I perform better than these Blight with just BBQ - Discordance - Enduring/BW - Lethal Pursuer. Like, by a wide margin too while playing only once in a while. Know your place, sweaty Blights, which is under my Jill's juicy cakes.

On a slightly more serious note - They're desperate to win in an asymmetrical game with one of the strongest killer. I just chuckle and move on, maybe even write a cheeky 'lol gg' if I actually escape one during my solo games.

Also you can counter every exhaustion perk easily with just base power Blight, so comparing survivors here is pretty low IQ.

• Unifall
    Unifall Member Posts: 747

Bt and Ds won't ever stop tunneling. And ypu are only mentioning blight nurse and spirit are 3 killers out of the rest of killers. How strong is ds to other killers? They aren't there to force the killer to stop tunneling. Those perks are used to waste the killers time. The reason they're strong is because of the amount of time it can waste and the way they can be used (taking a BT hit to protect the rescuer or not picking up becuase of DS). I don't tunnel or camp but survivors who have BT will run in in front of me. They know that if they rescue the survivor that if the killer hits the unhooked survivor with BT they get a free escape. A survivor perk should never ever be stronger than the killer itself. That would be bad balance.(kinda like iron will countering stridor)

• IronKnight55

They still aren't that strong. I mentioned those 3 killers because they are pretty popular and DS and BT dont matter much againt them. It's obviously slightly better against other killers, but not that much. Most killers will still tunnel after getting hit by those perks because it's not that punishing.

• CosmicParagon
    CosmicParagon Member Posts: 1,070

You could make the same argument about literally every survivor having Dead Hard to extend loops for zero effort

• DelsKibara
    DelsKibara Member Posts: 3,127

Honestly, if I see that build I am more worried about my teammates than the Blight itself.

I don't really care what the Killer does until they specifically BM me in game. Bring Ruin/Undying, play Twins and camp, I don't really care.

The game is already too stressful to worry about what other people think. Just play for your own fun. Which is hard when your teammates are incompetent.

• The_Krapper
    The_Krapper Member Posts: 3,259

Lol I know right imagine getting flamed for trying to win in a video game

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123

It really does, 4 gen perks on a killer with insane map pressure and chase potential is an instant 4K. Even if you're not the best with him you can at least guarantee 1-2 kills with that build.