Nemesis Vaccine Idea

When a survivor takes a vaccine they become broken for 20 seconds while they recover. After the 20 seconds they no longer are infected but the injuries persist.

The purpose of this change would be to help with the nemesis' map pressure while allowing for more time for the nemesis to respond to the survivor using the vaccine hopefully resulting in a more interactive engagement.

Comments

• Ladhellraiser
    Ladhellraiser Member Posts: 3

Personally I believe it's important we prioritize giving the survivors a reason to vaccinate first and foremost. While what you said isn't exactly a bad idea, I can't help but feel like it won't yield the desired effect. I propose over a period of time after a survivor has been infected, they are gradually struck with debuffs. Hemorrhage, blindness, perhaps the chance to spread it to gens they are working on and other survivors, hardened skill checks and a tougher time hearing the terror radius. This will incentivise vaccine usage and both increasing the map pressure of the nemesis and making him a bigger threat.

• dmhughes86
    dmhughes86 Member Posts: 34

I think there is plenty of incentive to use the vaccine just not enough to warrant going across the map for it. I think its very similar to being asleep with Freddy except the vaccine is frequently conveniently placed. I think the main disincentive is the fact that they are limited. Maybe if they were unlimited it would make sense, since it would almost always would be relatively convenient to get. When the survivor chooses to use a vaccine would require a decent amount of awareness and skill. I think that the power of not being infected provides a lot of utility to the survivor seeing that they can remove options from the killer and even use his power against him. For example, being able to use a zombie for a speed boost, or being able to safely drop a pallet on the killer. Ultimately, the ideal is that either the killer gains time on the survivor for successfully landing his whip, or he is presented with opportunities later on. Otherwise this killer suffers from autodidact syndrome where by the time you get your stacks its too late.