Developers, can we rework the Left For Dead achievement?

Jarol
Jarol Member Posts: 1,985
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

Really, I'm on a hunt to get my latest achievements on steam and Left For Dead is 100 times harder than it sounds, what's more, it's harder than Evil Incarnate. You have to be lucky or a miracle to get it but now it is impossible after the endgame colpaso patch. They should fix it or rather remove it.

Comments

• landromat
    landromat Member Posts: 2,193

I suffered getting my. You should suffer too

• Nicholas
    Nicholas Member Posts: 1,951

I just looked at the requirements, it is extremely difficult to achieve now. It was so easy before.

• GoshJosh
    GoshJosh Member Posts: 4,992

Could possibly convince a killer to farm it with you (if you're ok with getting it that way). Otherwise you might have a good chance on RPD, and SWF helps too of course. Spine Chill + Resilience + Wake Up?

• Trickstaaaaa
    Trickstaaaaa Member Posts: 1,267

Used to be easier since there was no end game. But now a days it's hard since it all comes down to luck. Best route would be with an friends, or hope that the killer shows mercy, or hope you get good RNG that the doors are far from each other.

• Jivetalkin13
    Jivetalkin13 Member Posts: 747

I was able to get it by chance. Honestly, to get the best chance of getting it I'd play in a 4 man and have your 3 others die on hook while 99ing a gen. That's the best scenario I can think off the top of my head.

• I had three survivors DC on me while playing killer, and I let the last person do all the gens and escape. So, it's possible, but you basically have to give it to people. Which is not fun.

• bm33
    bm33 Member Posts: 8,165

There was a night I had full team for swf, 3 of us were in same house and lost power at the start of the match. Killer let the 4th survivor do the gens and leave so he got the trophy.

I got it because my teammates all either DC'd or hook suicide pretty quick into match. Killer decided to farm with me for points because otherwise they just would've had nothing. I got the trophy that way. It really does rely mostly on a nice killer.

• Dino7281
    Dino7281 Member Posts: 3,294

I have all achievements and this was definetly hardest one. I have tried to do it normally for some time and then gave up on that way.

I just went to game as SWF with BP offerings, gave killer items and kinda tried to force him to farm, then when last gen was 99% my friends tried to convince killer to kill them by pointing at hook, if it didn't work then they just DC.

• Dino7281

Yeah, I have let several survivors do even 5 gens alone this way, just because this achievement was super annoying to do for me.

I also want more BP from that game...

• IrishRedCap
    IrishRedCap Member Posts: 153

I have a question in regards to this Mandy. With the new EGC happening with hatch closing by the killer is this achievement technically possible still without explicit help from the killer? Theoretically I assume so if you 99% a gen and wait for a teammate to die you could tap a gen before the killer finds the hatch. Majority of games though (lack of communication) the killer will seek out the hatch and close it which then causes the entity to block the gens making the achievement unobtainable.

Im just curious because I am trying to finish off all my steam achievements and besides evil incarnate this achievement is a lot, like a looooootttt, more frustratingly niche.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

easy solution: change the check from "last gen repaired" to "exit gates powered".

Achievement is now: "As the last survivor alive when the exit gates are powered, escape through an exit gate". This is still tough, but much more common, and compliments the collapse.

If platforms won't let you change the description, just leave it as-is, and say it's "technically" true, because the last gen IS getting completed by the killer slamming the hatch.

• Dino7281

Problem is that you have players that have this achievement and it was pain to do. If you make it easy, that it will not be interesting achievement to have.

It would be like change adept killers to 4k, it would be just kick to players who finished it hard way. Well, it will be easy anyway with SBMM, because you can just do it as rank 20 after reset.

• luvcraft
    luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233

this new suggestion would be about the same difficulty as the challenge originally was.