The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

SBMM Streamer Propaganda

Munqaxus
Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752
edited January 2022 in General Discussions

Hey guys,

Streamers don't want SBMM because it makes their streams look bad. There's a lot of propaganda from streamers right now telling everyone how horrible SBMM is. My suggestion is to ignore it.

Of course Streamers don't want SBMM and of course your hearing a lot of bad stuff about SBMM because the content creators are where we get info from right now.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Comments

• SirGando
    SirGando Member Posts: 374

I only watch Hexy`s streams and he welcomes SBMM.

• chargernick85
    chargernick85 Member Posts: 3,171

Follow the leader. No one ever wants to lead just follow off a ######### bridge will you.

Not you specifically just these bots we are talking about.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,116

Whether they do or not is irrelevant, since SBMM is being rolled out anyway. There's nothing they can do, and even if they decide to protest by not playing or whatever (not saying they are - just saying if) other streamers will take their place.

• Verconissp
    Verconissp Member Posts: 1,587

I mean...

We have things in Favor of Survivors. Listed in this Order

1: Stretch Res

2: Multiple Ds / Unbreaks

3: Pre-throwing / Gen Rushing

4: Swf

5: Less than 5 minute games..

• lav3
    lav3 Member Posts: 758
    edited September 2021

Then those streamers must be the ones who want to stomp some low experienced players.

• Veinslay
    Veinslay Member Posts: 1,959

I noticed this when large streamers that main SWF were arguing until they were blue in the face that SWF doesn't give any advantages. Now the streamers that can win easily while chilling and talking to chat are worried about getting one kill or less against tough teams. I personally find content where the killer is getting dunked on by a top team and complaining about how unbalanced everything is to be the most entertaining content.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

The streamers opinions are anit-SBMM propaganda....so there ya go.

• Guest1567432
    Guest1567432 Member Posts: 728

I will say this about SBMM though. They said that SBMM will get them better stats to balance off of. If by the next three or four chapters no drastic balance changes happen (be it survivor or killer) there will be a lot of players asking a lot of questions. They won't be able to hide behind "the ranking system" anymore.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,051

Yes, they just want to smurf against bad killers or bad survivors. I've seen them playing against people way below their level, and that's all I see from them which leads me to believe they're cherry picking the matches. It's like they're playing a different game entirely.

• botrax
    botrax Member Posts: 633

The streamer know they wont be able to do their challenge with mmr otz said it in a video if he was facing swf full stack every game he would have a hard time winning 5 time in a row

• Lochnload_exe
    Lochnload_exe Member Posts: 1,360

Not really, from what I've seen it is because this game is basically their job, and having every single match play the same seems boring not only for viewers but for the people that play it 8 hours a day

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 537
    edited September 2021

It depends on who the streamer is

• Marik13
    Marik13 Member Posts: 683

Guess Otz is gonna have to splurge on paying for more survivor actors for his videos =P

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616

This is what happen when they are too used to their comfort zone of steamrolling and 4k 90% of the games. Most of the complains are from killer main streamers, they can't achieve a 50 win streak anymore, kawaisou-ni.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    1. They also said that we will never get a clown killer or that we won´t have dedicated servers.
    2. Things can change
    3. I had a great variety of killers.
    4. We´ll know once the patch goes live.
    5. It took them 3 months to nerf Undying.
  • ThiccBudhha
    ThiccBudhha Member Posts: 6,987

Most I have seen say it is bad for the game as a whole, which is blatantly untrue and you can tell it influences people as I have read plenty of comments from people not high mmr against the change for literally no reason. It depends on who we are talking about, but there is plenty of propaganda.

• Munqaxus
    Munqaxus Member Posts: 2,752

And yet the only counter proof you have is an Ad Hominem attack.

• Pulsar
    Pulsar Member Posts: 20,775

I'm not the one making the claim. The burden of proof falls to you.

I merely made an objectively true observation.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

I agree with the streamers but at least I'm honest, i don't want MMR because i want to keep pwning some noobs and have long winstreaks. In reality didn't really hate it, it's fun to have challenging games, i just wish i could get some chill games inbetween.

• vacaman
    vacaman Member Posts: 1,140

If they don't balance for the top 5% they will lose a big chunk of customers because they are the biggest whales, most people in this bracket spend a lot of money in the game. I really hope you are wrong and that they make the necessary changes ASAP or the game will bleed a lot of old players.

• Phasmamain
    Phasmamain Member Posts: 11,531

I don’t really want it for the sole fact it has done nothing to improve my game experience. In all the tests my solo teammates have still been terrible and the killers have been either really good or trash. It cut into developing more important things

• miketheratguy
    miketheratguy Member Posts: 2,719

I'm sick of streamers trying to dictate how this game is shaped, their preferences and opinions being regurgitated all over the internet as if they're the final word on DBD. Just because they spend all their time playing the game doesn't mean that they speak for everybody who plays it (especially when many of them, as you correctly observed, benefit from the game being a certain way).

• Jasix
    Jasix Member Posts: 1,245

Way to generalize an entire group. While I am no as big as Otz or Tofu... I am a Twitch Partner and I think one look at my post history will prove your statement to be a broad generalization that is not accurate. I welcome SBMM. If you want to point out certain streamers - do that - do not group us all together.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,044

This might be considered naming&shaming. And even if not, mentioning some specific streamers always results in some discussions.

And, since you mention Tofu - Tofu is actually for SBMM. He said on Stream that he will play Killer again when SBMM is active, because Killer was boring for him since it was too easy.

So not every Streamer wants to cancel SBMM to get easier games.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Except that streamers dont really play sweaty, yet the amount of hours they have compensate for public matches.

Expect a lot less released content from people who play this game for fun, because there wont be a lot of fun in high ranks.

• Predated
    Predated Member Posts: 2,976

Oh, let me give you a list of things in favor of killers:

1. dead zones
    2. increased gamma(why do you think maps have been made brighter? just like walls have been heightened to combad stretched res)
    3. stacking gen regression(ruin, undying, tinkerer, pop on killers who are already insane at patrolling gens)
    4. tunneling
    5. solo surv(optimal SWF might be the highest potential in the game, but solo survivor is by far the worst, Myers, Clown and old Demo were viable because of solo surv)
    6. less than 2 minute games because you got tunneled out.
    7. slugging

Before Bill was released, there was no counter to camping or slugging. DS could easily be juggled. Unbreakable is meant to combat slugging. If you slugged a survivor for more than 20 seconds without hooking them, you deserve the Unbreakable. If you tunnel a survivor, you deserve the DS.

Perks that do not get deserved as a punishment right now:

NOED.

That's it, all other perks are either deserved or earned. NOED is the only outlier where even if survivors spend time cleansing 4 totems during the match, they will get punished by a NOED. That is simply not deserved.

• Verconissp
  • Verconissp

Alot more favor survivor than what you think.

1: Someone being tunneled out? take a hit and go back on a gen. he might've lost like 2-3 gens already after said person got hooked.

2: Whole team has stretch res. making them loop extra longer. outwitting your "mindgames"

3: They can spawn on Your hexes. so this point is already invalled

4: What if the whole team has Ds? then you're Super ######### and can't really tunnel. especially if they got the big hit with BT

5: The chances of solo survivor at High Mmr is little to none, you'll get a 98% chance to get more swfs than you do solos,

6: Take into account what if said person got Bt? or Unbreak / ds even if you slugged it. Bam. you screwed

7: Again. Good players counter this very easily. so slugging is useless when there's multiple unbreaks on the team,

8: Noed is simply a Viable choice here, it IS earned due to the fact that as a killer. no matter what. you will ALWAYS lose. not even the top Nurse / spirits will be able to 4k, and you'll see that statistic drop so hard...

• Inspire
    Inspire Member Posts: 123

You do know that the majority of the things you listed can also favor towards killer / has a killer equivalent.

• Zagrid
    Zagrid Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 1,000

I think a lot of people miss this point.

If you don't play sweaty you shouldn't get sweaty players if you do play sweaty you should get sweaty players.

This discussion has been closed.