why does BBQ ALSO give a big bloodpoint bonus?

luvcraft
luvcraft Member Posts: 1,233
edited September 2021 in Feedback and Suggestions

not that I'm complaining, but the primary function of BBQ is already super powerful, and then it also has this bonus on top of that.

Were BHVR worried that without the bonus people would use it to facecamp or something?

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,384
    edited September 2021

It's a perk that incentives the killer to go and hook other survivors. The aura helps the killer go find other survivors after hooking someone. And if you do go hook other survivors you get bloodpoints.

• TeabaggingGhostface
    TeabaggingGhostface Member Posts: 3,108

Tbh the aura reading is kinda weak imo, the extra bp is the only reason id run it

• ouroboros_world
    ouroboros_world Member Posts: 215

Yeah aura reading sucks and unreliable, I usually have to go out my way to get all my stacks, I mean like checking every part of the map just to find that last stack lol, even harder if survivors wear the same outfit.

• gilgamer
    gilgamer Member Posts: 2,209

The aura reading is good but is only really good on supr high mobility killers, but the BP bonus is supposed to incentivize hooking multiple survivors instead of just tunneling and camping 2 or 3 survivors.

• Raihje
    Raihje Member Posts: 72

The primary function of BBQ is insanely easy to counter, either by going in a locker, getting within 40m, or hiding your aura behind the aura of a generator. It's one of the easiest perks you can just "assume all killers have' and completely deny lol. Besides, survivors have We're Gonna Live Forever which has a pretty strong effect (literally double the heal speed for downed survivors) on top of BBQ style bloodpoint gains. Each side has a bloodpoint perk.

• MyNamePete
    MyNamePete Member Posts: 1,053

Well, why does WGLF give you bloodpoint gains?