Dead by Daylight: You Lose for Winning

Imagine, if you will, two scenarios:

• As the Killer, you ended up getting a very quick four kills on all of those Survivors, punished their mistakes and played as optimally as you could, finishing the match up in roughly around two minutes.
  • As the Survivor, you ended up not getting anyone hooked, no need to heal because no one got injured, and you finished the generators and escaped within roughly two to three minutes.

You win. You absolutely won your match and the results screen should reflect that. But what's that as Killer?

"Entity Displeased"

Oh, that must certainly not be right, you did all things correctly.

Wait, what's also that as Survivor?

You De-Pipped for going too fast

So, you're simply telling me that in order for me to rank up as either Survivor or Killer, to get those pips or double pips, let alone a safety pip, I can't play to the best of my ability, but instead, have to play as poorly as possible without actually losing the match?

You're saying that I have to make sure Survivors do Generators or have to chase them for periods of time and get unhooks, or you're saying that I have to make sure my fellow Survivors have to be injured or hooked in order for me to rank up in this game?

This is the single most ass-backwards logic to win a game I've ever seen.

You need to play poorly/Sub-Optimally, or you lose for winning.

What a joke. And people legitimately think we need MMR when they can't even get win conditions correct.

Comments

• Raihje
    Raihje Member Posts: 72

I mean, yea, also survivors auto-win at the highest level without restrictions on perks or anything if they're a decent enough SWF. Nobody's saying this game is balanced or ready for MMR. One can pray BHVR fixes things but it's been years. Just find the fun where you can lol.

• BastardKing
    BastardKing Member Posts: 784

Yeah, I absolutely agree with you, but I was here before the emblem system and it was... well, a different flavor of bad, really.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,286

Why do you think they're changing matchmaking to work based off MMR instead of ranks/emblems?

It should be obvious that current emblems/ranking are not a very good way to determine wins and losses. Its why current matchmaking is so bad.

The last test we had was one of best matchmaking that we ever had in DBD. so that MMR matchmaking can't come soon enough.

• VikingWilson
    VikingWilson Member Posts: 789

The Entity wants to see its minions toy with one another.

Think of "Gladiator," Maximus went out and absolutely slaughtered six enemies in seconds. While impressive, it wasn't exactly entertaining. He was then advised the real win was to win over the crowd and to do that, he had to extend his matches and put on a show.

Remember the lore, we are The Entity's play things.